Root Beer Candy xs 650: Ardcore Choppers

Root Beer Candy xs 650: Ardcore Choppers1

Bad Penny

I got an e-mail from Nate the other day with these pics of the latest ride to roll out of the Ardcore shop.Ardcore keeps cranking out sick rides. We also talked about xs650chopper.com and Ardcore doing some cool stuff in the coming months.  But you will have to stay tuned to find out. Root Beer Candy xs 650: Ardcore Choppersicon wink

Nate: This bike is styled after the very popular “flying w” build but with a twist.. Features one of our standard rigid frames, top fool exhaust, mid controls,and much more. With this build we went with a set of stock mags drilled and powder coated satin black, and a stock dropped front end.

Root Beer Candy xs 650: Ardcore Choppers2
Root Beer Candy xs 650: Ardcore Choppers
The bike is finished out in root beer candy over a custom mixed base to give it a nice copper tone.
Root Beer Candy xs 650: Ardcore Choppers5 1024x682
Root Beer Candy xs 650: Ardcore Choppers
Root Beer Candy xs 650: Ardcore Choppers

This bike is currently for sale for more info you can contact Nate
sales@ardcorechoppers.com
ardcorechoppers.com

Get the latest posts delivered via Email:

zombie
Brat-ad
Hugh-Ad-2

Comments

1. dannyb says:

those mag wheels are sick. Amazing what a few speed holes can do. good work.

2. BODON says:

My favorite bike.
    Too legit!

3. Climb_on says:

More info on the kicker please :)

4. brian says:

Yet again, another great bike from Ardcore!!

5. jrsp12 says:

I have a new favorite! How much is this going for???

6. hoosierduckman says:

This is the coolest bike to come out of Ardcore since I have known them. Everything is simple and straight forward. Not too flashy just plain awesome!!!!!

7. Radford119 says:

Awesome bike, anyone know what kind of throttle that is?

8. reeb says:

do you guys sell that brake set up? or does anyone know what that came off of?

9. Jake says:

That is a beautiful clean bike. you guys put out the coolest rides. really digin that tail light do you sell?

10. Nate says:

Climb_on,the kicker is a piece we do on an exchange.you send us your kicker arm we add the brass or black pedal.
    Jake,yeah we sell the taillight.its a new product.
    Reeb,we can get you the brake set up.
    You guys can email me at the above mention email address for pricing.
    thanks for all the good feed back

11. lil bastard says:

Reeb: its just a stock 650 brake! With a peice of Bar stock drilled and taped with some hime ends for the support. Probably aluminum.the newer 650’s had discs on the back not a drum brake. Usually a bike with mag wheels sported rotor brakes as well. NICE BIKE!!!!!

12. Teebs says:

Nicely done. Same old same old. You guys plan on anything new? I realize that these production bikes are gravy, but there are 3 of your bikes on the main page and they’re all basically the same. For the next one you should do something really crazy, like add a front brake!

BRASS KICKER:

HOW TO MODIFY IT:

13. Salvia says:

Bad girl, she needs a spanking, and to handle her the way no one has done it before.

14. Teebs says:

Salvia… dude… posting comments on the wrong tab…

Lookin’ at pron… and chops. It can get all confusin’.

Yeah, I’ve been there…

15. Hesh says:

can we do some high mids? Get em up, fashion over function. ha ha

16. Sickfab says:

Once again…. You’ve outdone yourselves Ardcore dudes….

Epic bike.

I’m building a 6fitty right now, and am planning on using the mags. I really dig the drilled look. Any thoughts as to how it may affect the structural integrity of the wheel? Long term? Do you guys think they’ll develop cracks? I haven’t seen any drilled before… Has anyone else?

17. DANO says:

Sickfab , yes I have seen drilled mags before .I did mine about 3 months ago no problems with cracks or balance so far . Look in the archives under R4yl buildoff winner .

18. DANO says:

Teebs ,you’ll have to wait to see something new from these guys until they see something they like built buy someone else .I guess they’re running out of ideas .

19. Teebs says:

Dano, I’d laugh if I didn’t think it’s the truth. And I think the word you were looking for is *ran*… although they did make that totally sweet brake stay. lol

btw, you have one of the sickest chops on this site.

20. Corey W says:

Hey, a post above from DANO, originator and proprietor of the DrilledMags™ (Patent Pending) ;)

21. Sickfab says:

I think you guys may just be being a little harsh on the Ardcore guys…. In my opinion, they deserve much love. What they are offering to the xs chop community, is priceless. Arent these guys setting the standard? The quality of the bikes they’re turning out by far exceeds 99% of the stuff I see here, or anywhere for that matter.

I think they have a definite style, and they are just making their mark on the 6fitty chop world. If you look closely, all of the bikes they’re building ARE different. It’s the details that count. I still do, and probably always will, enjoy drooling over their work.

22. ARDCORE says:

OK boys and girls. Those that know me understand I VERY SELDOM address internet comments, however every now and then I don’t get a shot the night before or someone pisses in my Weaties or whatever and I feel a need to respond.
    As for the wheel comments yes they are drilled, so what? Is someone implying they are the first to ever drill or modify a set of stock wheels? Certainly not us. Guys have been doing this since they started putting mag wheels on bikes. Example, the street tracker guys have been doing this forever. I have been in the game long enough to realize its NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE to come up with something totally new. Every time I think I might have something new I pick up a 1977 issue of Street Chopper and there “my new idea” is. We have never claimed to be cutting edge, a leader etc. We just build stuff that the majority of the people seem to dig.

As for us running out of ideas, thats not gonna happen. Do we need to copy someone elses bike design? Absolutely not! I think if you will refer to the “Get Bent” bike or “Sinister” it kinda proves my point. Yes, currently we are building several bobber styled bikes based on our standard frame. Keep in mind we are in business. In this business your customers dictate what goes out the door. It just so happens bobber styled bikes are the going rage and we have bills to pay. Hell in the next few years it may be board tracker styled or even back to the long bikes. Not to be a smart ass but we must be doing something right as nothing sits around the shop very long after being listed for sale and we have a lengthy backlog of BOBBER frames to build for customers. In closing we appreciate every comment both positive and negative. Its like I have always said “If we all liked the same thing we would all still be driving black model A Fords”.

23. Teebs says:

Sickfab,

NO, these guys aren’t setting the standard; at least not with these bikes. Yes, they do excellent quality work. They also have a shop set up for it, a professional crew and resources the average garage builder doesn’t have. That being said, I’ve seen nicer bikes built by guys in their garages.

Exactly what detail are you talking about? The HoK paint? The gold leaf? I’ve seen better paint done with rattle cans. THAT sets the standard. The brake stay that has been done before? The powder coating? Don’t get me wrong, it’s all great work, but not much for a pro shop to CHURN OUT.

They have a definite style? You mean because they have a frame jig set up to make the same frame over and over? Yeah, that’s style. Because they use a sporty peanut tank? Hmmmm, haven’t seen that or the fake oil bag before. The kicker pedal… it’s been around FOREVER, and used on the XS long before Ardcore used it.

What they are offering to the xs chop community is far from priceless. They are pro builders pumping out bike after bike because it MAKES THEM MONEY. I have no problem with that. It doesn’t change the fact that t’s BORING.

The last 4 bikes Ardcore featured on here are the same basic bike with different paint, handlebars, rims, tires and other minor changes. Stuff these guys can do in their sleep. How do I know? Because I could do it in MY sleep, and exactly why I said they were gravy.

If these bikes far exceed 99% of the chops you see out there, all I can say is that you’re either blind or don’t know what makes a chop worth a shit, IMNSHO

btw, your use of the term “6fitty” is “ubercool”.

Ardcore,

Good response.

24. Spoke78 says:

Hey Teebs, I checked in on your build…it must be a jealousy thing. I really don’t see where you can pump these bikes out in YOUR sleep. I’m really not sure what it proves by bashing their builds or questioning why they do what they do. But everybody has their own opinions, some just have more common sense and know when to speak it.Their builds get a lot of attention and positive comments by many others.

IMHO..I would ride the piss out of a bike like this.

25. Teebs says:

Fortunately, your opinion doesn’t mean shit to me.

26. reynoldburton says:

Fight – fight – figth!! ;)

Maybe its just that little thing earning no money with it “for keepin´it real”?

If this bike wasn´t by the Ardcore guys it would get standing ovations probably- even by the “real guys”. Nevertheless I really like the work that Ardcore does. Nobody can do it everyone right – and thats fine. Otherwise we would bore ourselves to death.

Greetz from Germany

27. Blackwidow says:

Teebs you said guys build better bikes in their garages well out of those guys if they were to sell their bike how many of them would make a profit??

These guys are in to make money it’s their business and lets be real I love the shit out of xs650’s but how much can you get for a custom one..

So your gonna make more cash by doing simple things to the bike but hell I think they look clean I’d ride the shit out of any one of the bikes they build.

I think Ardcore are doing an awesome job on their bikes. Hey btw what paint did you use to paint the engine??

28. MrsTeebs says:

I must apologize for my son, Teebs. He gets his irritability and overuse of all-caps from his father. Even so, he’s my little troll. Please understand his need to overcome years of swirlies, wedgies, and being picked last in gym class. I appreciate internet-users who mention him in their electronic responses; it means the world to him (makes him feel ‘needed’). If you’re listening, Teebsie, honey, please watch your language.

29. Sickfab says:

It’s ok MrsTeebs. We all figured it must be some past childhood experience that haunts him.Or the fact of small man’s syndrome. The symptoms always express themselves through some lashing out, especially when others get compliments. They just can’t stand it.

Hey, maybe you could let him out in the shop to finish his ultra UBER one off never been done before magic ride. Be sure to tell him to post up pics of his show stopping rattle can paintjob….If he can find someone to press the little red button on top of the can for him.

30. Teebs says:

Awwww Mom, why are you always spoiling my fun? You said you wouldn’t say anything about gym class. You promised!

Ooooh, I said “shit”, all of you bad ass bikers better avert your eyes.

31. Teebs says:

OK, pay attention, kiddies; I never said Ardcore didn’t do a good job on this bike. In fact, I said quite the opposite. It is a very well put together, professionally done production bike, designed and built entirely for profit. AND I’M OK WITH THAT. (That’s for you, Mom!)

Do I have to like it? No. That’s what personal taste is all about. Can I say whatever I want to about it? Yeah, that’s kinda what the First Amendment is all about.

I find the bikes built by guys in their garages more inspiring and more interesting. And I don’t mean the kid that “built” a weld-on hard-tail, sporty peanut tank “bobber” so he could be part of the recent cool wave of bike owners. Not that I have a problem with them in general. I’ll give a guy a slap on the back for trying something new and making the effort. And I really hope he finds he can’t shake the addiction. But really, I’m talking about the guy that builds in his garage day after day, year after year because he can’t get two wheels out of his system.

When all of you trendy f*ckers have long given up on chops because you can’t take sitting on a sheet of steel, getting your kidneys pounded to death, or get your teeth kicked in because you played “biker” in the wrong place, in the wrong face, I’ll still be chopping and riding. What you say and do makes no difference to me. I do what I want. I say what I want.

Don’t worry, Sickfab, I’ve got the paint all by myself. Are you going to do your own paint? By the way, where is your bike?

32. Shotcaller says:

teebs, ” I’ve seen better paint done with rattle cans.” You are trully a POS. I dare you to post one of your “masterpieces” for the masses to critique. You are the “Arlen Ness of keyboard bike builders”

33. Teebs says:

Again with the name-calling and the fact that I don’t give a shit. lol

34. Teebs says:

Oh, and just to make this clear; as with everything else, the paint on this bike is very well done. I think it’s Nate that does the painting for Ardcore, and he does some very slick work. But I HAVE in fact seen paint jobs done with rattle cans that have more style and originality than this one. Is that a dig at the painter? No. He did what he was supposed to do and did it well. The point I was trying to make there Shotcaller, was that it isn’t groundbreaking work. I’d be willing to bet that the painter knows that. I’ve seen some of his other paint and it blows this away, AND I’ve commented on it.

“Setting the standard” suggests that this is the pinnacle, a standard by which all others will be judged. This simply isn’t it.

35. Ted says:

@ “Teebs” LOL – Dude! Why are you always getting in arguments in the comments?

“Fortunately, your opinion doesn’t mean shit to me.”
    Teebs why commenting 21 times than? If you feel people respect your opinion and voice so much why not start your own website? I’m sure it will be very successful.

Comment trolls >

36. Teebs says:

Ted, what does me commenting 21 times have to do with what other people think of me? I come here, look at bikes, state my opinions, and inevitably someone has a problem with one of my posts. Most of my posts aren’t controversial at all. There aren’t 21 posts of me begging people to like me, so I think your reasoning is a little flawed.

I get in “arguments” because I state my opinions, good and bad, and some people want this to be a candy-ass only site. If you want it that way, change it to a membership-based site. Kick me out. But as long as there is a comment box, and guys are going to put pics up here to look at, I’l say what I think. The nice thing about that is that you can ignore me. Don’t engage me and I won’t say anything. Run your mouth and I’ll do likewise.

I’m not arguing in any case. I’m stating my opinion, defending my position, and generally just f*cking around. I don’t take any of this seriously, because I don’t know any of you and you don’t mean anything to me. It’s entertainment. If I wanted to argue, it would get brutal in a heartbeat.

Do you honestly think calling me a troll is going to hurt my feelings? Nothing anybody says on here could possibly do that. I’m not some whiny little bitch with no self esteem. Call me arrogant, call me a prick, call me an assh@le. All true, and still my sense of self-worth is entirely intact.

37. lil bastard says:

Ardcore’s bike kicks ass !!! Why dosen’t every one just say some thing nice or don’t ttalk! Let the buildin do the talkin!! At least ARDCORE ois buildin!! Nice bike guys (ardcore)!awsome! (THE Golden Rule)!!!!

38. Shotcaller says:

teebs, I found your build and I now see where the “hate” comes from. Let give you a bit of advice…just cause it’s different don’t make it cool. Ardcore keep up the good work…you’re the reason I’m building a XS650. Can’t wait for the frame! teebs, if you hate their stuff…you’re really going to hate mine.

39. Basil says:

Ardcore your bikes kick ass!

40. Jonathon D says:

awesome bike, Teebs you have many enemies, right or wrong you speak your mind and its always entertaining! MrsTeebs L O L!!!! Great looking bike Ardcore I love it

41. Blackwidow says:

Your right Teebs you do have your own opinion and you are entitled to it but why say negative stuff when you don’t have to??

If I don’t have anything nice to say I dont’ say it at all because I don’t get anything out of putting someone down.

You don’t have to requote what you said I know you said he did a good job but you didn’t like it I just think there is no need for that.Have a good day.

42. Billybobba says:

I feel like a cracked record “front brakes duuuuhh”

43. tadd442 says:

It is IMPOSSIBLE not to offend someone when posting constructive criticism.

Without it, there would be no evolution.

Granted it sometimes may be edgy, but remember, it is JUST CRITICISM.

An OPINION.
    (with as much validity as each and every response)

Not to post an opinion, would be detramental to the purpose of this site.

44. Shotcaller says:

So saying ” I’ve seen better paint done with rattle cans.” is constructive? Seems like teebs has a “hard on” for Ardcore. I guess he forgot how he got railed by most for his “constructive critisim” on the “Mother’s Helper” Ardcore thread. If teebs runs off all the sponsers with his “opinions” there might not be a site left.

45. tadd442 says:

I was not aware that any sponsors had “run off”.

From what I have read, (which is only a portion) the postings that cause the turmoil, are in response to an initial opinion.

For instance:

~Original comment~
    “John Doe Choppers Inc. doesn’t make anything that knocks my socks off.”

~Average Reply~
    “YOU’RE a pinko commie!!
    John Doe Choppers Inc, is MY favorite”

~Original Commentators reply~
    (in defensive tone against average reply)
    “YOU are a pinko commie-who can’t weld”…and it only escalates from there…

If people would let opinions stand, and make postings regarding the subject only, NOT SOMEONE ELSE’S OPINION, the tone around here would be much less hostile.

I have read a posting from a guy saying how this site is known for weeding out the posers……I agree…..let’s keep it that way….that being said, we need to value ALL OPINIONS and do our best to keep it from being personal.

You don’t need to agree with the opinions, just keep in mind that the fire gets bigger when gas is thrown on it.

46. Shotcaller says:

I guess reading every post should be a prerequisite.

47. tadd442 says:

More reading as a prerequisite couldn’t hurt…the more info the better.

Being that I have admittedly not read every post on this site, please point out the notification of a sponsor being run off.

I am not defending anyone….ultimately, I am defending EVERYONE.

48. Blackwidow says:

There are posers with bikes cars everything but hey some of them are just starting and will stick with it a lifetime so you gotta start somewhere ;)

49. Shotcaller says:

No one said a sponser was “run off”. Here is my quote,”If teebs runs off all the sponsers with his “opinions” there might not be a site left.”

50. tadd442 says:

Sorry shotcaller…I must have read into it…thanks for the clarification.

Blackwidow…I agree…and if that is your definition of a poser, I happen to fall into that category…to me, a poser would not have the lifetime commitment.

51. Blackwidow says:

Tadd I have a chop it is my second bike my first one I did a little work to and found out I couldn’t do what I want so I built an xs650.

I don’t consider myself a biker or none of that I dont’ like to ride with others I only cruise around my little town. I just wanted something cheap on gas,fun to ride, that looks cool

52. Mr.Dirtbikes says:

This is my favorite bike. Would like to get it :)

53. Ron says:

I HOPE TO HALF A GOOD A JOB WITH MINE… NICE

54. HoeyUno says:

These guys are doing beautiful work. As far as people on here whining about how all there bikes are the same take in consideration they are building for a market that loves a simple, clean XS.

55. kenb says:

Well it is sweet eye candy that feeds my addiction for creativity, just really dig the color lay out and just flippin kick butt work and I likey soooo much, I will use all I see in concederation for the next build buget allowing…. Thkz for the treat

56. Alan says:

Hey Ardcore!
    I’m loving your build.. I really wanted to buy rootbeer candy… but I’ve currently got a xs650 on the go.. I might end up doing a similar style build. Just one question. What is that tank off of?

57. Blackwidow says:

how is that paint holding up on the motor and carbs??

58. Brandon says:

Teebs, there you go again pissing people off! Just finish your own build, you bore me!

59. dawg says:

And I now own this bike. I got a real good deal and am very happy with the build on the bike. Unfortunately, he hasn’t sent me the key (hint, hint Jon) so I haven’t ridden it yet. I have already gotten a lot of compliments on the bike. The paint scheme is what caught my attention and all the details are what pushed me over the edge :-). We all like what we like and I like this bike. Oh, I also own a ’99 Royal * Boulevard, ’08 Raider S (Red w/tribal flames), ’05 SV 650 (for racing next year), ’77 xs 650 Street Tracker (very well done), ’77 Triumph 750 bobber, CB 750 Honda Harley (750 in a Harley frame, fat bobs, etc) of my own design and work (it still needs to be wired and then taken apart and finish work done: paint, etc ), and finally an xs650 rat that I want to make into a road racer for the Vintage class

60. Nate says:

Dawg,
    Could you send us(Ardcore) some pics of you and bad penny?
    I would like to use them for our blog.
    thanks

61. chuck says:

the best looking xs ever!

62. Dean says:

im trying to go from spoke to mags and add rear disc. any body have a parts list for this or step by step

63. norm younger says:

Great bike. I really like the wheels. I think im going to steal your idea if you dont mind.

64. El Gaucho says:

Sportster. Can’t tell if you were goofing or not though…….

65. jackalthe says:

Hello, sick bike, I’m wondering what master cylinder that is.
    Thanks, Jack