Fong Bros cream XSSSSSSS

Fong Bros cream XSSSSSSSFong Bros cream

Billy Joe Fong’s- creamy ride

This XS is a creation of the Fong Bros and it belongs to (Billy Joe Fong) AKA Denis. It is probably not necessary to point out that the bike is by the Fong Bros as their style is definitely recognizable and this site is littered with their rides.  You can see how-to-lace-a-wheel-from-scratch here which features the wheels that ended up on this ride. The Fong Bros like leaving in the center cross member with the foot controls/pegs which you can see in some of their other builds.

Fong Bros cream XSSSSSSSIMG 2970 587x391

Denis actually sent some pictures of this bike in a couple weeks back but I was sitting on them until we could get some more shots. Denis- “It’s tough getting pics right now because there is still snow EVERYWHERE. In fact, I just (Sunday) dislocated my arm getting that bike off the truck because I slid on some ice as it was coming down the ramp..

Fong Bros cream XSSSSSSSIMG 2985 587x391

Fong Bros cream XSSSSSSSIMG 2993 587x391

Denis- “As for the white bike, It’s a 1982 xs650 special. It was a mail delivery bike for the Post Office in either Delaware or Pennsylvania but was only used for about 10,000 miles. The tail is a TC Bros tail that I made some very minor mods to. I was using Kansas Kustoms but I was able to get a good deal with TC Bros. From front to back, here’s what was done. The forks were done by hand. I used an angle grinder and a hand file to get rid of all the tabs and smooth them out, then polished them. They are also lowered 2.75 inches.

The front and rear wheels are 21 inch Ankront’s laced to the 650 hubs and have Trials tires..I usually don’t like to use shouldered wheels, but I wanted Fong Bros on the wheels and it was easy to do on the shoulder.  I made the handlebars out of the stock bars and a pair of clip-ons. The gas tank is a high tunnel Wassel that did not fit well at all. I had to move the coil and cut part of the motormount off the top of the engine to get it to fit. It is silver leafed. There is a LaRosa polised seat. I pretty much just wanted it to look old.”

Fong Bros cream XSSSSSSSIMG 3012 587x391

Fong Bros cream XSSSSSSSIMG 3025 587x391

Mid-Atlantic Motorcycle Show Feb12-14

Denis- “xs650s that were at the Mid-Atlantic motorcycle Show. Two Fong Bros bikes – a before and after, as well as a shop Gentei bike with very Japanese styling. Also, check out Michelle Smith from American Thunder. One of those Wiley Fong Bros has hypnotized her to the xs side. Don’t forget to find the Fong Bros and many other great articles in Lowside magazine. www.lowsidesyn.com and check out the amazing Shop Gentei at www.shopgentei.com

Fong Bros cream XSSSSSSSnoid bikeshow2 587x327

Fong Bros cream XSSSSSSSnoid bikeshow5 587x391

Denis- “I was racing Microsprints at Airport speedway in Delaware for a few years, but hven’t done it in a while. I am actually selling that Sprint on Ebay right now.”
Fong Bros cream XSSSSSSSIMG 3053 587x391
Fong Bros

Get the latest posts delivered via Email:

hinge
Brat-ad
Hugh-Ad-2

Comments

1. alan says:

reverese clutch lever is sweet

2. ghostryder says:

ive watched the fongs for awhile now and though i liked some of the stylings i never liked all of them until now. this bike is perfect. id love to see a step by step on how you guys do those frames.

3. Dead Ed says:

Very sick bike love it all as well as past fong bros bike!! suicide style!!

4. shawn says:

mods to hardtail?

5. Rusty Nutz says:

I cheat on the Fong Bros all the time and look at other bikes, but keep coming back to their style. They keep getting better. It takes a long time to learn the lines and get the retro look, and these guys haven’t wasted a minute of their studies. I thought the old brown bike from a few years ago was the golden paradigm, but this one is even better.

Jesus I’m starting to sound like a real journalist.

Seriously folks, the Fongs have it nailed. Gotta be the best choppers of the XS, or way, way up their with the best.

6. chad says:

nice bike for sure

7. Hans from Holland says:

In my opinion the best so far Denis !!! Great lines, XSellent colorchoise and tasty tires. Like the Wassell also (as always..)
    Just great, congratssssss.

8. toe. says:

first Fong i’ve ever liked.
    this bike is beautiful!

9. REEB! says:

Love the bike. I’m waiting on a set of clip ons now for my bike. Did you make the inverted levers or did you buy them?

10. REEB! says:

Oh yeah n what’s up with the bike you were raking??!!? Any up date pics for that thread?

11. rM says:

Clutch lever is pretty sweet! Bike has a sweet stance and I really like the paint job.

12. Angry John says:

Very sweet bike. I love the handlebars.

13. RevCain says:

their sense of finish just keeps getting better.

14. JonathonD says:

This is dedinately my favorite bike from Fong bros very nice!

15. Denis (fong bros) says:

Thanks everyone. Very kind words indeed! To answer some questions:
    The hardtail mods were very minimal – removed the tab on the dropout, had to fishmouth the tubing a little more at the top, and narrow and locate the seat support.
    The clutch lever is an Ebay item – just look for inverted lever. They are sold in pairs or as an individual piece – pricey though.
    The bike I am going to rake is just in my head for now. I had a clearance sale and got rid of 3 bikes last week. So for now I am looking for an xs.

16. hooversama says:

I LOVE this bike! The color, the tank, the number, the wheels, the bars, the stance!!! I dig the Fong Bros builds. My only problem riding it would be that my knees would be pinned up to my ears. This bike is a total work of art. If you can’t ride it very far, just sit and stare at the damn thing. KILLER>

17. Don says:

I like the fact there is a little bit of dirt on that rim shot, means you ride it!

18. Hans from Holland says:

hhhhhmmmmm…without a gascable and a petcock/fuelline???

19. ritzkraker says:

definetly a cool bike .. way different than past builds (THIS ONE IS SHINEY ! ) i was a bidder on the “chopp junkie” bike but unforunatley got outbid … auction ended when i was @ work ….. damn ebay damn it all to hell ! lol

20. metalhead says:

I mean no offense by this, so take it for what it is….

I’ve seen alot of the Fong Bro’s stuff, and always liked alot of the details, but the bikes, as a whole, didn’t “do it” for me.

THIS ONE however, is freakin gorgeous!

21. Idaho chad says:

beautiful lookin rig for sure. nice job!

22. Vince Briglio says:

Metalhead can you email me at brigs1793@comast.net, had some frame questions for you

23. 6thof7thgarcia says:

Another great build, glad to see you splash some color for a change.

24. Blackwidow says:

That bike is saweet I love the tire and wheel combination I mean everything fits the bike just well

25. Harry Carmony says:

Damn what a BEAUTIFUL MOTORCYCLE!!!…What I am seeing is a Great Amount of Integrety and Backbone…-These guys do it thier own way if that’s what it takes…This bike re-explains MOTORCYCLES to people who have only ever seen plastic-sided outter space designs…people who dont understand anything except key-switches, starter-buttons, and monthly payments…
    Bikes like this will keep Choppers out there for a long long long time yet to come…

26. Ted says:

@Hans There is a petcock and fuelline. The fuelline is on the other side, it’s hard to see in the pic. Watch your mailbox…

27. lil bastard says:

awsome and very clean bike!

28. reynoldburton says:

Killer bike – for real!

29. Awesum build!! Everything just flows. Very retro, and lots of details.
    Good job, Denis!!!

30. Adie says:

Absolutely sick! I just wondered, what are those tyres like on the road? What are they? They do look so good. Also, I wondered what size the headlamp is?

Great work. Inspiring

31. mackgren says:

This bike is flippin amazing! Dennis you are to XS650’s, like Falcon Motorcycles is to triumph. Love everything about it, great job

32. erik says:

hey denis or tim,
    im interested in possibly having you weld up 2 hardtails for me. shoot me an email when you get a chance: erklep@gmail.com

33. Bob says:

Really love every detail! Where did you get the numbers for your tank?

34. Denis (fong bros) says:

The numbers are silverleafed onto the tank. I made them. I printed a set of numbers on the computer, used them as a template to get the shape on the tank, and then did the silverleafing.

35. Justin says:

How did you mount the handlebars like that without having the bolts on top? What are they bolted to? Looks clean. Sweetest xs iv seen for a loooooong time.

36. The More I look at this Bike…- The More I Like It…

37. Denis (fong bros) says:

Justin, they’re clip-on bars that slide over the fork leg and have pinch bolts in the rear. You can see them in a few pictures.

Harry, thanks.

38. REEB! says:

How do I get a hold of Dennis? I have a question for you(s). Got an email or phone number? I’m sure you don’t want it all over the net so here’s me email if your interested in helping me figure out how to lace a 64 heritage. Shedding333skin@AOL.com

39. darren lindemann says:

that bike is sweet!!

40. Robby says:

this bike is pretty sweet. I like how you keeped the center cross member there

41. Denis (fong bros) says:

Reeb, I sent a reply. Hope you got it.
    Denis

42. chevy53 says:

sweet bike, crazy bars and clutch lever.

43. Comuncents says:

This bike is going to be a lot of inspriation for the one i am building, It’s the best i have seen,gotta say i would have to have a front brake and a small fender on the back. great job!

44. Capt_Zoom says:

Dennis,
    Can you tell me if the inverted clutch results in an easier pull. My wife is building a xs 650 chopper and we want to figure out a way to make the clutch pull a little easier for her. Seems like the inverted setup would allow the strongest fingers and parts of forearm to do the pulling rather than the weakest.

Also, I searched ebay for the levers but haven’t found anything…any ideas where else I could find them?

Thanks

45. Bozi says:

I saw that bike at the Tamonium show & met these 2 guys. I loved the bike, & picked their brains a bit since I was about to build my first XS, super nice, funny guys. I like me some Fong Bros.

I wish they posted a picture of their card….I was dying later when I looked at it. These guys have a humorous take on things.

46. Denis (FONGBROS) says:

CAPT ZOOM, yes light soft pull from that lever. Also, Mikesxs sells a longer clutch arm that goes in the engine case on the worm gear and supposedly lightens the pull also.
    BJF
    Also, look under “inverted lever” on ebay. They show up once in a while.

47. Shawn Dennis says:

really sleak look you got going there. i like the fliped clutch lever. it realy gives the bike a vintage look.

48. Ryan says:

Denis this bike is awesome! Is it a standard bore 650? Because of this bike I have purchased an 83 650. I am new to the 650 scene but I am really excited about building my bike. Do you have an email that I could reach you, I have several questions for you. Thanks and keep up the good work. hot61vw@hotmail.com

49. James says:

Denis- How do I contact you. I am interested in getting you to do some frame work for me or possibly finish off a project I have already started.

Thanks,
    JD

50. xsblue says:

original footrest brackets dont look kool dude

51. Sean from boston says:

I love the way this was hardtailed to keep the factory foot pegs and stock motor mounts it’s a bit bulkey but over all very clean it doesn’t leave that huge gap between the frame and rear wheel clean bike over all I love it.

52. KingAcre says:

Okay!… you laced the original rear hub/drum to a 21″ wheel.. where did you find spokes for that?

53. norm younger says:

Very nice. Awwsome tank and paint.

54. Mike says:

I am interested in a bike like this! Can anyone pass on my email address to Dennis? It is dresdamanx@yahoo.com thanks!

55. Chuck Jones says:

there are too many good things to say about this bike, I love it.

56. tom says:

beautifull lookin bike, love the front end. any info on how to go about shortening the forks and lacing up a 21 to the stock hub would be great

57. Pete says:

The cream bike is now sitting on the floor of Island Surf and Sport Middletown RI.

58. it is impossible for general person.

59. Boon UK says:

white hot, nice details sitting pretty and proud 62 will pull a crowd. Lots of work to get it right and man did you get it right. Loving the stance.