Hans from Holland part 16

xs650 chop hansprost2 587x255 Hans from Holland part 16

Hans from Holland # 16- Bigtwin Bike Show 2010.

Like every year Bigtwin Custom magazine organized Holland’s largest custom bike show. Last years take place at the Autotron Museum in Rosmalen. Maybe you remember the 2009 edition which i’ve showed you here in 09. That year I rode in my Back 2 BasiXS bobber, unfortunately I couldn’t take a prize back home.

All prizes won that year by big buck H-D’s, mostly build by professional companies… This year I brought my LynXS café-fighter to compete with about 80 other bikes from all over Europa. Two other XS 650’s made it to the show, so the visitors could watch a nice XS trio. Dutchman Jeroen Suurhof showed his limegreen XS to the public. This bike is also featured in the latest Back Street Heroes magazine (issue 320 dec. ’10).

xs650 chop IMG 1345 587x439 Hans from Holland part 16

xs650 chop IMG 1348 587x439 Hans from Holland part 16

xs650 chop prost476 587x414 Hans from Holland part 16

All the way from England came the artistically built XS 650 from Gareth Ruddy. I have never heard so much discussion on one bike….

xs650 chop bosstudio1 587x242 Hans from Holland part 16

xs650 chop IMG 1339 587x439 Hans from Holland part 16

Of course most entrances on the show where choppers and bobbers, so it was good to bring a bit of variation with my LynXS…

xs650 chop IMG 1332 587x439 Hans from Holland part 16

xs650 chop IMG 1342 587x782 Hans from Holland part 16

Sunday was the prize distribution and hey, no H-D’s in the top three this time. The first two places where won by XS 650 !!!! Surprisingly Gareth Ruddy’s extra-ordinairy XS 650 took first prize! Besides a large cash amount he won a trip for two and his bike to Sturgis next year. This XS will compete in the AMD world champion custom building.

xs650 chop IMG 1372 587x439 Hans from Holland part 16

xs650 chop IMG 5628 587x439 Hans from Holland part 16

I won the second prize at the Bigtwin Show! Wow, a great xsperiance to ride the LynXS loudly on the platform and get overhanded a big cheque and cup.

xs650 chop IMG 4147 587x439 Hans from Holland part 16

xs650 chop IMG 4153 587x439 Hans from Holland part 16

Friends and family came over to be part of the party, here’s a pic of my fanclub…hahaha. Love em all.

Thanks for the pic Floris.

xs650 chop bt show nov.10 587x425 Hans from Holland part 16

But maybe the best part of the weekend was to see the smile on my son’s face when I handed him the cup…

xs650 chop IMG 1381 587x782 Hans from Holland part 16

Xsee you, greetz Hans.

Get the latest posts delivered via Email:

Brat-ad
hinge
xscharge

22 Responses to Hans from Holland part 16

1. Hans December 6, 2010 at 3:18 pm #

Congratulations to a good placement.
    I found this XS really great when I saw them the first time.
    Hans from Germany

2. weed December 6, 2010 at 3:48 pm #

Hoi Hans ,

Nog gefeliciteerd met je 2de prijs , had van mij 1ste mogen zijn

3. El Gaucho December 6, 2010 at 8:22 pm #

Beautiful bike, well done.

4. tadd442 December 6, 2010 at 9:50 pm #

Congrats!
    Well Deserved.

5. sean from boston December 7, 2010 at 8:16 pm #

sick, the green one makes me want to cry. so nice.

6. Lang December 9, 2010 at 10:55 am #

awesome man – congrats!

7. Geezerman December 9, 2010 at 3:32 pm #

ConGratz, Hans.
    Great bikes all 3 of them !!!

8. FongBros December 9, 2010 at 7:33 pm #

Congratulations Hans. Very well deserved. It’s good to see your efforts are appreciated. You deserve it for sure.
    Denis

9. Gerry December 11, 2010 at 8:01 am #

Beautiful work.
    Strange that your Lynxs was 2nd to something so un-rideable looking. ThanXS for the info on the swingarm. Been thinking of doing a cafe.

10. Thaise recepten December 11, 2010 at 4:27 pm #

Gefeliciteerd Hans!
    Strakke bike.

11. Reeb! December 15, 2010 at 1:08 pm #

Congrats! Some cool bikes right there. Wish I could see all the bikes in the show

12. Hans from Holland December 15, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

Well Reeb, here you could see some other winners of the show…

hope the link work.

13. Hans from Holland December 15, 2010 at 1:53 pm #

….just scroll down on the first page.

14. Gareth December 22, 2010 at 3:15 am #

Hi Hans, just wanted to let you know that brothel creeper XS650 is up for sale. Have a good christmas! G

15. Dane Bogaard December 24, 2010 at 4:30 pm #

Hans,

Maybe a silly question, but maybe you can help a “Dutch-American” out. On an original 1979 XS650, does the centerline of the rear wheel aline directly with the center of the frame/backbone?

Dane

16. Hans from Holland December 25, 2010 at 4:01 pm #

Dane, the answer is yes. Frame and tire are exactly in line.
    Wonder why you want know, is it to know what maximum tyrewide you could use on a XS without getting troubles with the chainclearance?
    If so, drop me a mail at hansxs650@planet.nl Got a few tips and tricks ’bout that issue.

17. uncle dave December 28, 2010 at 1:57 pm #

Brothel Creeper built by Wayne Murray of Murray Kustoms about 6 yrs. ago.Never shown,owned by me in ’08.Sold via Ebay to this Gareth fella for £2500 assembled but not finished, it had just been painted.Ask him for build photos, or how he bent up the frame, or how he got the brake lines internal.The head light, rear tyre and pegs are different, but he did not design or do the original build on this show special.For other bikes by Wayne, look for Coffin Hopper Triumph.Red Sporty Bulldog winner etc.I still have shots of the bike on my workbench from ’08.Chopper building is a small world!

18. murray kustoms January 8, 2011 at 3:43 am #

small world alright….would love to see fabrication photos…and how ya doin davie ya auld twat,ever get the wee 500 trumpie done…

19. Maarten January 29, 2011 at 6:53 am #

Hee Gareth,

Congratulations.
    Told Ya you would win.

We talked a wile early saturday at the bikeshow, the bike wouldn’t start, battery!

said the bike was a winner, you told me the frame was build by a friend, who is an artist and not a bikebuilder.

Nice,

rmember me? the bold one, hahaha,

grtz
    Maarten from holland

20. Gareth January 29, 2011 at 10:22 pm #

Hey bud,
    The bike went down well. You guys do love the xs’s in holland. frame from a friend of builder, who I described as more of an artist than a bike builder. His work in my opinion exceeds the normal realm of bike building, just gotta look at the frame. be sure to check out coffin hopper too.
    Will be shownig my harley at big twinn next year, hope to see you there, will look out for the bald guy! lol

21. Bean January 31, 2011 at 5:28 am #

My XS engine is stripped down and I am considering having it chrome plated. Has anyone done this? Or does anyone know if it is even possible to do this with heat ect. ? If so are there any companies that specialize in engine chroming? any help appreciated : )

22. Piston February 14, 2011 at 1:25 pm #

great bike G, glad you won!!!!!!!!!!!