Hans from Holland part 16

Hans from Holland part 16xs650 chop hansprost2 587x255

Hans from Holland # 16- Bigtwin Bike Show 2010.

Like every year Bigtwin Custom magazine organized Holland’s largest custom bike show. Last years take place at the Autotron Museum in Rosmalen. Maybe you remember the 2009 edition which i’ve showed you here in 09. That year I rode in my Back 2 BasiXS bobber, unfortunately I couldn’t take a prize back home.

All prizes won that year by big buck H-D’s, mostly build by professional companies… This year I brought my LynXS café-fighter to compete with about 80 other bikes from all over Europa. Two other XS 650’s made it to the show, so the visitors could watch a nice XS trio. Dutchman Jeroen Suurhof showed his limegreen XS to the public. This bike is also featured in the latest Back Street Heroes magazine (issue 320 dec. ’10).

Hans from Holland part 16xs650 chop IMG 1345 587x439

Hans from Holland part 16xs650 chop IMG 1348 587x439

Hans from Holland part 16xs650 chop prost476 587x414

All the way from England came the artistically built XS 650 from Gareth Ruddy. I have never heard so much discussion on one bike….

Hans from Holland part 16xs650 chop bosstudio1 587x242

Hans from Holland part 16xs650 chop IMG 1339 587x439

Of course most entrances on the show where choppers and bobbers, so it was good to bring a bit of variation with my LynXS…

Hans from Holland part 16xs650 chop IMG 1332 587x439

Hans from Holland part 16xs650 chop IMG 1342 587x782

Sunday was the prize distribution and hey, no H-D’s in the top three this time. The first two places where won by XS 650 !!!! Surprisingly Gareth Ruddy’s extra-ordinairy XS 650 took first prize! Besides a large cash amount he won a trip for two and his bike to Sturgis next year. This XS will compete in the AMD world champion custom building.

Hans from Holland part 16xs650 chop IMG 1372 587x439

Hans from Holland part 16xs650 chop IMG 5628 587x439

I won the second prize at the Bigtwin Show! Wow, a great xsperiance to ride the LynXS loudly on the platform and get overhanded a big cheque and cup.

Hans from Holland part 16xs650 chop IMG 4147 587x439

Hans from Holland part 16xs650 chop IMG 4153 587x439

Friends and family came over to be part of the party, here’s a pic of my fanclub…hahaha. Love em all.

Thanks for the pic Floris.

Hans from Holland part 16xs650 chop bt show nov.10 587x425

But maybe the best part of the weekend was to see the smile on my son’s face when I handed him the cup…

Hans from Holland part 16xs650 chop IMG 1381 587x782

Xsee you, greetz Hans.

Get the latest posts delivered via Email:

hinge
Brat-ad
zombie

Comments

1. Hans says:

Congratulations to a good placement.
    I found this XS really great when I saw them the first time.
    Hans from Germany

2. weed says:

Hoi Hans ,

Nog gefeliciteerd met je 2de prijs , had van mij 1ste mogen zijn

3. El Gaucho says:

Beautiful bike, well done.

4. tadd442 says:

Congrats!
    Well Deserved.

5. sean from boston says:

sick, the green one makes me want to cry. so nice.

6. Lang says:

awesome man – congrats!

7. Geezerman says:

ConGratz, Hans.
    Great bikes all 3 of them !!!

8. FongBros says:

Congratulations Hans. Very well deserved. It’s good to see your efforts are appreciated. You deserve it for sure.
    Denis

9. Gerry says:

Beautiful work.
    Strange that your Lynxs was 2nd to something so un-rideable looking. ThanXS for the info on the swingarm. Been thinking of doing a cafe.

10. Gefeliciteerd Hans!
    Strakke bike.

11. Reeb! says:

Congrats! Some cool bikes right there. Wish I could see all the bikes in the show

12. Hans from Holland says:

Well Reeb, here you could see some other winners of the show…

hope the link work.

13. Hans from Holland says:

….just scroll down on the first page.

14. Gareth says:

Hi Hans, just wanted to let you know that brothel creeper XS650 is up for sale. Have a good christmas! G

15. Dane Bogaard says:

Hans,

Maybe a silly question, but maybe you can help a “Dutch-American” out. On an original 1979 XS650, does the centerline of the rear wheel aline directly with the center of the frame/backbone?

Dane

16. Hans from Holland says:

Dane, the answer is yes. Frame and tire are exactly in line.
    Wonder why you want know, is it to know what maximum tyrewide you could use on a XS without getting troubles with the chainclearance?
    If so, drop me a mail at hansxs650@planet.nl Got a few tips and tricks ’bout that issue.

17. uncle dave says:

Brothel Creeper built by Wayne Murray of Murray Kustoms about 6 yrs. ago.Never shown,owned by me in ’08.Sold via Ebay to this Gareth fella for £2500 assembled but not finished, it had just been painted.Ask him for build photos, or how he bent up the frame, or how he got the brake lines internal.The head light, rear tyre and pegs are different, but he did not design or do the original build on this show special.For other bikes by Wayne, look for Coffin Hopper Triumph.Red Sporty Bulldog winner etc.I still have shots of the bike on my workbench from ’08.Chopper building is a small world!

18. murray kustoms says:

small world alright….would love to see fabrication photos…and how ya doin davie ya auld twat,ever get the wee 500 trumpie done…

19. Maarten says:

Hee Gareth,

Congratulations.
    Told Ya you would win.

We talked a wile early saturday at the bikeshow, the bike wouldn’t start, battery!

said the bike was a winner, you told me the frame was build by a friend, who is an artist and not a bikebuilder.

Nice,

rmember me? the bold one, hahaha,

grtz
    Maarten from holland

20. Gareth says:

Hey bud,
    The bike went down well. You guys do love the xs’s in holland. frame from a friend of builder, who I described as more of an artist than a bike builder. His work in my opinion exceeds the normal realm of bike building, just gotta look at the frame. be sure to check out coffin hopper too.
    Will be shownig my harley at big twinn next year, hope to see you there, will look out for the bald guy! lol

21. Bean says:

My XS engine is stripped down and I am considering having it chrome plated. Has anyone done this? Or does anyone know if it is even possible to do this with heat ect. ? If so are there any companies that specialize in engine chroming? any help appreciated : )

22. Piston says:

great bike G, glad you won!!!!!!!!!!!