Board-tracker by 14KustoMotorcycles

xs650 noid 14 copy2 600x298 Board tracker by 14KustoMotorcycles

Edgar - Hi. . . Its Me Again Edgar  from 14KustoMotorcycles, And this time I bring to all of you my first Board-tracker . . . The base is of course a yamaha XS 650 Mod. 78, and the frame is made by me. The front suspension is from a kawa 440 mod. 78 with a rake angle of 46 degrees and  I made a new front hub to admit the 36 spokes, the upper section of the frame is made in stainless steel and it works like the tank. Only five liters of gas can be stored, the front light is made from a old vw golf  fog light. I strip it out and made the case of the new light to combine with the tank, the handlebars are from a virago special.
xs650 noid 14c copy 600x376 Board tracker by 14KustoMotorcycles
Both rims are 21 inches with double purpose tires the rear one has an adaptation to receive the sprocket (32 teeth), the seat is made in leather and sew by hand (by me of course), the kickstarter has a old bicycle pedal, the plate holder, the intake manifold of the carburetor (2 in 1) and the complete exhaust system (2 inches) is made in stainless steel.

xs650 noid 64 copy 600x399 Board tracker by 14KustoMotorcycles

All the supports of the motor, foot pegs arms and the base of the seat are cut by laser in stainless steel and of course drawn by me in the computer. . . so you can see, I have been working a lot on this motorcycle. . . and I am happy with the result.

xs650 noid 67 copy 600x371 Board tracker by 14KustoMotorcycles

I am making Custom motorcycles in San Luis Potosi Mexico,when is my own project I use it for a year and then, when I am sure that the bike is working fine from everything, I sell it.  e-mail is 14kustom@gmail.com

xs650 noid 68 copy 600x380 Board tracker by 14KustoMotorcycles
A question: What would you say is a good price for this bike. . I will accept offers, it is for sale. ; ) I hope you like my work on this Board-Tracker.

What do u think about it. . . . let me know.

Edgar Echevarria

Get the latest posts delivered via Email:

Hugh-Ad-2
Brat-ad
hinge

34 Responses to Board-tracker by 14KustoMotorcycles

1. R. Weide August 30, 2012 at 12:59 am #

Holy Crap! What an incredible piece of XS-Art! Very nice job!

2. 14 Kustom Motorcycles August 30, 2012 at 3:12 am #

R. Weide Thanks. . . .I spend a lot of time on this Bike. . .

3. Darryl August 30, 2012 at 5:55 am #

Edgar, Awesome bike! What took you so long to post it? I was bugging you back in November when you posted your cafe racer to post more on this bike! Great job! You should use this for your Facebook page!

4. pickles August 30, 2012 at 7:00 am #

Looks great, and is very nicely planned and executed! As far as how much money, I couldn’t say. How many hours did you put into it? Any engine modifications?

• 14 KustoMotorcycles August 30, 2012 at 4:11 pm #

Hi Pickles

Thanks a lot. . . hours in this proyect. . . really couldnt say exactly. . . but al least every weekend I invest like 4 to 8 hours, during a year or two. . . and the engine is stock with a ported intakes and Exhaust.

5. RJ from the ole school August 30, 2012 at 7:12 am #

very professional,,,,high tech engineering,,,you have a gift to build,,,,however,,,something I learned in road math class,,,,NO REAR FENDER + 70 MPH + BIG POT HOLE = MAJOR BUTT BUFF !!!

• 14 KustoMotorcycles August 30, 2012 at 4:16 pm #

Jajajajaaa. . . .You are Right RJ from the ole school

but I really do not like how the fenders looks like in this motorcycle. . .I will think about it, but everywhere I ride this bike somebody wants to see it. . . And I cant Refuse it. . . ; )

6. Jeff August 30, 2012 at 7:58 am #

Love it … love it … love it …

• 14 KustoMotorcycles August 30, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

Jeff

Thanks. . . Thanks. . . and Thanks. . . . : )

7. Ben August 30, 2012 at 9:51 am #

Nice bike. I’m doing one with 23″ rims. As for the price, I think the name says it all. Good starting point anyway.

• 14 KustoMotorcycles August 30, 2012 at 4:20 pm #

Hi Ben

23″ wuauuu. . . I just cant get it here in mexico. . .Bigger = Better. .

8. fanoboss August 30, 2012 at 12:39 pm #

THE SITE IS UP !!! WOOO HOOOO, nice bike

• 14 KustoMotorcycles August 30, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

Thanks Fonoboss

Finally. . this holy site its ON. . . . ; )

9. guill August 30, 2012 at 1:19 pm #

absolutely beautiful!!!

• 14 KustoMotorcycles August 30, 2012 at 4:22 pm #

Hi Guill

Thank you very much. . .

10. PlugHead August 30, 2012 at 4:22 pm #

Couldn’t wait for the site to come back to feed my addiction. As far as the bike goes it looks like a lot of fab work but not really my style, but hey variety is the spice of life. Congrats!

• 14 KustoMotorcycles August 30, 2012 at 4:32 pm #

Hi PlugHead

you are absolutly right. . VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE. . . Thanks.

11. El Gaucho August 30, 2012 at 8:17 pm #

Very nice work, man. I was planning on a swingarm bike for my next build as well. Mine will be fairly different, but nice to see a bike that still has a suspension that looks so kick ass!

• 14 Kustom Motorcycles September 1, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

Thanks, El Gaucho

but here in my city it has to have a suspension . . . I love the look of a hardtail. . . but almost imposible to use. . in San Luis Potosi. . .

12. pratstyle August 30, 2012 at 8:48 pm #

i usually do not like trackers but this is a beautiful ride… very nice build..

• 14 Kustom Motorcycles September 1, 2012 at 3:48 pm #

Thanks Pratstyle. . .

I can see about your “name” you are not a Bordtracker rider. . . ; )

But a rider is a rider. . . Thanks.

• pratstyle September 2, 2012 at 6:33 am #

had my first xs built into a brat.. what a disaster.. will post pics and description of its latest transformation.. it is a hard tail now.. but the Bordtracker look isnt out of the question for the next build!

13. Hans from Holland August 31, 2012 at 1:45 pm #

Well done Edgar, well done !!!!
    Great lines and stance. Bike reminds me a bit of a Hank Young creation, think by numberplates mounted on same place. Anyway, congrets on this nice built.
    Can we see some pics of the left side?
    Like to publish a feature about it in our Dutch XS650 magazine…. Mail you one of these days.

• 14 Kustom Motorcycles September 1, 2012 at 3:57 pm #

Thanks Hans From Holland

Really. . . it is a good think for me you make that comparison. . . or at least that my bike reminds you a Hank Young

and yes i can send you more pics. . . thanks and we will be in touch.

14. CruzBoos August 31, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

Thanks Edgar for the gracious curves.
    Lets hear it for Ted for bringing out a real kicker after unbolting the stable door.

• 14 Kustom Motorcycles September 1, 2012 at 4:06 pm #

Thanks CruzBoos

And Ted too. for let me be, in his “new” page. . . That all of we love it. . .

T H A N K S . . . . . T E D

our Dosis of XS650 its filling

15. Luis Nutz August 31, 2012 at 8:55 pm #

Impressive! Quite a bit of skilled fab work there. Lots to be proud of.

• 14 Kustom Motorcycles September 1, 2012 at 4:11 pm #

Thanks Luis Nutz

the hours seems to be like minutes when you are doing what you love. . .This is my pasion Design motorcycles.

Thanks.

16. El Gaucho September 1, 2012 at 10:10 pm #

Yes, Hans! I knew that seemed familiar! I like it! It also has a little Roland Sands flavor with the tall skinnies, monoshock and seat mount style.

• 14 Kustom Motorcycles September 7, 2012 at 3:11 pm #