81 xs650 custom

81 xs650 customa2012 82342 600x367

Jeff – Its an 81 xs 650 rebuilt and tuned the carbs k&n cleanable filters  has a polished front fork lots more to come needs to get wired needs headlight  tail lights & turn signals a battery box and a starter.

Jeff BENFER

Get the latest posts delivered via Email:

Brat-ad
zombie
hinge

Comments

1. El Gaucho says:

Lower bars=perfect! Lovin the DT tank on there too. First Bike I ever saw (other than a stock DT) that tank looked right on. Don’t paint over the stock graphics! Killer scoot, can’t wait to see it done!

2. Tebo says:

Clip-ons, maybe? And who needs a battery and a starter? Go kicker only and save the weight.

3. pickles says:

Agreed. The seat and tires look right too. Don’t change that tank!

4. CruzBoos says:

With that seat you will certainly need to balance her with some clip ons, find another disc and caliper up front for added stopping power when bombing through town.

5. mack-o-matik says:

Wow, solid look! What seat did you put here? Did you modify swingarm or frame (besides cutting?) Love the front tire! Greez from Switzerland.

6. Ted says:

It does have a solid look. I think the way the gas tank sits real low down like that gives it a really nice. Great vintage tire choice as well..

7. Jeb says:

Love this look but I am curious how you plan to have clearance for cables, upper motor mounts, petcock, and electrical with that badass tank of yours?

8. RJ from the ole school says:

I like it,,,just my style of bike,,,rugged and ridable,,,it’l look good no matter how you lay the paint down,,,if you dont have carbs,,,I’m having good luck with Sudco VM34’s from XS650 Central,,,3M set them up for me and my bike fires right up and runs good,,,make sure exhaust pipes aren’t too large,,,these carbs need a little back pressure,,, swing arm is good too, especially if you rebuild into cafe racer later,,,you know how it goes,,,cut now,,,cry later,,,anyway your build looks like it has a good future,,,,good luck

9. Boon says:

You got it, stick to your idea`s don`t listen to anybody else and you will have a ball. She`s well happy with herself sittin pretty. Love to see her when she`s done, or give us update`s as you go, one very cool scooter.

10. Wrong Way Will says:

Sick! I would ride the crap outta that! And thank you so much for not puttin struts on the rear.

11. kingy says:

I was thinkin of building a chop,but your bike looks really fresh and unique.that tank looks the biz.well done.hoping to get my first xs soon and building a bike b4 grim reaper arrives.pensioner from uk.can’t wait for finished pics.anyone in England. With a project xs 650 for sale.

12. Glen says:

This thing is perfect!

Anyone know if there are any updated or finished pics????