81 Yamaha 650 bobber

81 Yamaha 650 bobbera2012 20120707 125240 600x342

Wayne – This is a 81 Yamaha 650 that I try to make look 60 years old. Has a john deer sediment fuel bowl with an orange led light in it and skulls. A truck tier for a seat. Piano bench legs for handle grips with orange led lights in the glass balls.

81 Yamaha 650 bobbera2012 20120707 125326 600x379

Silver spoons for brake and cultch lever. Old brass door knob for oil dip stick.  Glass door knob with white led light in it for jockey shift.

81 Yamaha 650 bobbera2012 20120707 125810

Old All State gas tank. Acrylic skull for tail light red led. A train light for brake light.  18 inch front and rear reams with Coker tiers. Just to name a few of the things that I have done to this bike.  O ya that is a mini Chevy alternator.

81 Yamaha 650 bobbera2012 20120707 125441 600x417

Started build project Oct. 1st  finish March 31, 2012.  This is what happens when an artist get hold of a bunch of junk and loves to build bikes.

Wayne E Braun

Get the latest posts delivered via Email:

hinge
Brat-ad
Hugh-Ad-2

Comments

1. CruzBoos says:

Way out there dude! So many items strategically placed. Question… what spokes did you use for the front 18″ rim and the original hub (I’m guessing).Oh .. how do you change gears with the shifter when applying the clutch. I bet that the revs have a part to play. So many questions to ask.. like is that a bell on under the left forward foot rest. You’ve really confused me with this one.

2. CruzBoos says:

3. CruzBoos says:

Sorry if this has been duplicated, but the comment seems to be misbehavin’.

4. dex82 says:

jaysus, man! one of my favourites, nice to see so many parts that weren’t originally intended for their present jobs. i really like the tank. she rocks

5. El Gaucho says:

Holy &#!T!!!!!! Dude, at first glance I loved the tank and general look of the bike, but those details take it over the top! I’d love to see it at night. I could even overlook that it has no rear fender because the rest of the bike is so badassed it told the fender to f-off, lol. I guess it’s the season for the skull and witch crap, but I hope you plan on taking that stuff off before too long. That’s the only thing that makes the bike seem a little tacky. A bike with that amount of detail and character doesn’t need the creepshow garbage on it. Great job building a fine bike, man!

The skull that functions as a brake light should stay though…….

6. El Gaucho says:

Oh, and I love the charging system! There’s other little things I’m seeing that aren’t mentioned that I would like to hear about too………
    Diggin the exhaust tip and some of the little details in the middle of the bike.

7. DENNI$ says:

I likey. I likey very much!

8. VonFuct says:

Okay, so what’s the story on that charging system?!?! MSweet bike by the way!

9. Pinski says:

This is just an all around bad-ass bike! Are you using the sediment bowl as the fuel filter? That is something I never thought of that would be a kick-ass idea for a project I’m working on, if I can have your blessing to steal it.

10. Pinski says:

My assumption, not knowing anything about the builder, is that the bell is a gaurdian bell. As far as shifting, in my experience there isn’t much difference in shifting a foot shift and shifting a jockey shift, besides location. Please correct me if I am out in left field, Wayne.

11. ghostryder says:

great project, but i dont get the shifting either, how do you hand clutch from the bars and then hand shift?

12. GUY says:

WOW!!! SO MANY ORIGINAL IDEAS!!! GREAT WORK.

13. funnymachine says:

that’s awesome – love the little guy under the tank and the charging system rocks!

14. turdherder says:

I don’t get the purpose or appearance of the charging system??? I personally wouldn’t want an alternator hanging out there like that. I would like to see how you managed to make your connection to the engine. Does it spin at the right speed to maintain the system being a direct drive instead of thru a pulley? They say necessity is the mother of invention!

15. Al says:

I can see a true artists view all through the bike, i can see it was not a slap together job. this is what i truely like to see when someone builds a bike.

16. Ted says:

Regardless of what alternator is used it would need to run through a regulator/ rectifier or a digital controller. And it looks like a RR is mounted on the side. I’ve seen this done on a couple of bikes and one that used a pulley system. The basic principle is the same though. You need to get the alternator to spin to generate current etc.. From the way it looks – I think the foot peg would hit the ground first on a tight turned. I dig the Rat look.

17. PlugHead says:

I don’t get it, but ride on.

18. El Gaucho says:

Clutchless shifts, people. It’s how I do jockey shift too. You can reach over with the right hand if you want or need to though with the handle in that position. Look up Wabi Sabi. Same shifter position.

19. ghostryder says:

I get the clutchless shift thing, i had to do it with an old triumph i had in the early nineties. i didnt do it by choice though. it was not a big deal if you were rolling, but a major pain when dealing with red lights in traffic. i got good at timing the lights, but still…why do it if you dont have to?

20. Geezerman says:

I like it :o)

21. pickles says:

Definitely like the tank, even if the rest isn’t my style.

22. El Gaucho says:

You still have a clutch to stop, and it’s easy when stopped to reach over the tank and slap it down to first. When putting it in first after starting, I would pull in the clutch and bump the shifter with my knee. Easy. I love hand shifting clutchless. I’m a hardcor musclecar guy and it reminds me of the feeling of banging through the gears, albeit with the opposite hand.

23. kabbage patch says:

Dont get it and I’d be worried riding behind it…. no offense but alot of junk does not always equal art. Not trying to be mean but not my cup of tea. Keep on rocking it though if ya like it.

24. kabbage patch says:

i dig it

26. old boober beatifull motorcikle cool bike…………??

27. old boober motorcikle … gangs to city ……..??