Gene’s Springer rebuild

a2012 noid Bike Build 19 600x361 Genes Springer rebuild

Eugene - This bike was published a while ago 2010/07/1975-xs650-old-school-rigid-frame but has undergone a completely new incarnation. The only thing not quite finished are the Gordon Scott drags…which are sitting on my bed waiting for me to come home from Afghanistan. I had the entire thing stripped down, and built from the ground up.

a2012 noid Bike Build 22 600x352 Genes Springer rebuild

It now has a front brake, rebuilt springers, an air horn, a newer (78) engine, stirrups, new sole seat, sissy bar removed, center pegs added to be able to exercise the legs, the entire plate mounting area totally rebuilt and strengthened, new rubber, new chain guard, new grips, and of course new paint.

a2012 noid Bike Build 17 600x346 Genes Springer rebuild

The little things are just too numerous to mention..moved the battery box, rewired, re sprung the solo seat for added height, moved switches and controls, etc.

a2012 noid Bike Build 16 600x394 Genes Springer rebuild

I am three weeks from coming home for Christmas, and am all atwitter. Snow or no snow, I need to take this critter on a cruise.

Eugene Botting

Get the latest posts delivered via Email:

Brat-ad
hinge
zombie

7 Responses to Gene’s Springer rebuild

1. Imwastefull December 29, 2012 at 8:45 pm #

GOD DAMN this thing is boss as fuck!

2. El Gaucho January 1, 2013 at 4:39 pm #

Welcome back home, this bike screams old school. Good call on putting a front brake on it!

3. Uncle Bear January 2, 2013 at 2:27 am #

Cool Old Skool! Ride it like you stole it! Thanks for serving.

4. dragonwolf January 4, 2013 at 10:06 pm #

God Bless America! And god bless you! I give all respect. Serving and building! I’m doing my first build with my dad. We ended up with a chopper (raked front end). So we’re going with it. It’s nice to see that we’re not the only ones doing a chopper. Keep wathchin it will be the griff build! I will post pics soon to get some input from all that know, or can see more than me.Good Speed and come home safa and soon!

5. pickles January 7, 2013 at 2:39 pm #

Great scoot! Get home safe, and ride the piss outta her!

6. tim January 14, 2013 at 1:25 pm #

hell ya man nice bike KEEP THEM SPRINGERS LONG !!

7. CruzBoos February 14, 2013 at 7:26 am #

If one serves then this chopper is to die for. Everyone has something to hold out for and this babe will be begging for it by the time you’re back home and on her. Just take your time to coax the shivers out of her and she’ll turn over and return the favour.