eds xs650 “angela”

eds xs650 angelaa2012 noid 1 600x396

Ed – This is my XS650 which I named Angela.  The motor is a swap meet find and most of everything else came from spare parts. The neck and backbone are from a Triumph and the rest of the frame was fabricated with a TC Brothers 6″ stretch hardtail.

eds xs650 angelaa2012 noid 2 600x421

eds xs650 angelaa2012 noid 3 600x345

Forks are from a Jap bike, so fitting the  steering head bearings were a challenge. It is a hand-shift with both a foot clutch and hand clutch for riding in traffic. The muffler is the smallest Cherry Bomb glass-pack I could find.

eds xs650 angelaa2012 noid R1 600x351

It sounds pretty good.  I am now waiting for some nice weather to give her the shake-down run.

Thanks for looking!

Ed janecek

Get the latest posts delivered via Email:

zombie
hinge
Hugh-Ad-2
Brat-ad

Comments

1. Tebo says:

Franken-Bob! The doll on the tank says it all. She’s a BOMBER! Ride ‘er ’til the neighbors show up with torches and pitch-forks!

2. vINCESTAGECHOPPER says:

…god bless you …you’re family …and Angela…
    Congratulation for the work…from France
    ;-)

3. Grumpy says:

Get rid of that Crappy looking makeshift Fairing light surround whatever you want to call it! Spoils a good looking bike! (My opinion only of course)

4. tucker1 says:

holy shit. please loose that horrible front fairing. bike will look tons better!

5. John Murrill says:

I want to know more about the hand shift, foot /hand clutch set up your running. Pix? explanation, description, parts needed. This sounds like my dream setup.
    Thanks, John M

6. mayute says:

Ed,if you will remove that faring it will looks more better ..that fairing is for cafe racer style…nice job.

7. dex82 says:

i agree……….great looking effort except for the tumor surrounding the headlight. great seat, good lines, lots of nice details, love her nekkidness, but the fairing really doesn’t do anything for the bike

8. PlugHead says:

Don’t lose the fairing if you like it. While it is not my style it sets it apart from a lot of other XSes. I kinda dig it nice job.

9. Tebo says:

Hmmm, maybe if the fairing was painted to look more like the tank and the rest of the bike, it would have that kinda of “Iron Man” prototype look to it. Right now, though, it looks like a Mad Max bike…

10. Topspeed674 says:

Very cool. Like most of the others I’m not a fan of the fairing.
    Save it for a Cafe Racer project though!
    I also fabbed a foot clutch and jockey shifter on “Ofelia”. My own very similar XS650 Bobber. It’s easy to ride and get lots of thumbs up. I hardly ever miss the hand clutch. I have my other bike for that.

11. Fatbob says:

Do whatever the hell you want. It is, after all, YOUR BIKE! Only one’s gotta’ like it is you. Screw everyone else. That’s what this whole show is all about! s!Love the fuel gage, but hate the Triumph badge, not that it matter

12. ed says:

thanks for the input. the hand clutch is stock, no modifications. for the foot clutch i removed the chrome dust cover from the left case cover and extended the cam that pushes on the clutch rod. a tube is welded to the end of the clutch rod pusher and a threaded rod goes thru the tube, thru the pusher and bears on the ball bearing that contacts the clutch push rod. a nut on the outboard side of the tube (see foto) locks the threaded rod. this is where you adjust the clutch. i’m probably making this sound more complicated than it is. all you are doing is extending the component that the clutch cable pulls on so you can attach your foot clutch linkage to it. the part that connects the welded tube to the linkage is fabricated from 1/2″ square steel stock. the linkage to the foot lever has pivots in the threaded ends and is from the hardware store. i don’t see a way to attach fotos to this so send me your email and i will send you pictures ed.janecek@att.net

13. El Gaucho says:

I’ll 20th the bit about the fairing. Still a great bike though. I’d cruise it.

14. The fairing can work and look good. It should surround the front end as fairings are design to do. The bottom straight cutout pictured in the second image is meant be back at the lower fork clamp. To do this a smaller headlight/housing (3 1/2”- 4 1/2” with a fairing filler ring) or have the fairing incorporate the headlight to allow a tighter fit. It may be possible with the existing headlight/housing with new shorter mounts. Handlebars might need changing. Because I can and have the tools I would fabricate a fairing out of aluminum that mimics the shapes of the gas tank. The front of the knee pad flats would dictate the side cutouts of the fairing. If your happy with the placement consider side cutout fillers to fill the gap. Eric Buell designed the Harley Road Glide fairing and it is proportionally similar for being set forward.

15. Jeroen says:

Men,

I like the fairing.
    People on this website have seen to many without it.
    To me it looks pretty rough and different.
    You can always take it of later.

Great looking bike!

Jeroen

16. R J from the ole school says:

like it,,,add a twin gun turrent to the rear,,,,paint a line of trophy flags on the side ,,,,park it at local gun shows,,,,some people just dont recognise ART when they see it,,,,nice ride

17. Brendan_mp says:

Dude,

Very cool. Like the fairing. Like the tank. Like the distressed paint. Like it all. Too bad the fairing isn’t a little longer on the sides you could have put the Teeth on it like those old WWII fighter planes. Now all you need are some googles and a scarf. http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62995-some-of-my-wwii-naval-aviator-flight-helmets/

18. DENNI$ says:

EVERYONE!!! GET YER GOOGLES!!! GET YER GOOGLES TODAY!!! *jk*

19. CruzBoos says:

She ain’t a Curtiss P40, but she may be close. Maybe a recycled Mitchell B25. Anyway the boys from the Flying Tigers surely could of used her on their time off and abused her on the ground just as they did with their mounts in the air. I know I would knee drag her recklessly around a dusty road.

20. Rexxis says:

KEEP THE FAIRING. It makes the bike stand apart from most other bikes on the site that end up all looking the same.

21. Karol says:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your efforts
    and I will be waiting for your further post thank you once again.

22. I have been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or
    blog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this website.
    Studying this info So i am happy to express that
    I have a very just right uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed.

I most without a doubt will make sure to don?t put out of
    your mind this website and provides it a look regularly.