Nates 83 Heritage

Nates 83 Heritagea2012 noid BikeHockey 010 600x399

Nate - Here it is finally! Lot’s of time in the garage and more beers than I care to mention. Powder coat frame,wheels, shaved legs, all new bearings, monster craftsman risers, Pandamonium pipes, Tc Bros hardtail,wiring harness, bat box, controls, tank (a sporty, of course).These guys are great and helped a lot. All fab done by myself and my Lincoln.

Nates 83 Heritagea2012 noid BikeHockey 0121 600x377

Paint and pinstripe by Pairadice paint.  Motor was gone through and everything works perfect. (only had 8k on it). Bike charges great and runs smooth. This made it easy. simple valve job and new gaskets, done. I built the bike for my 8 year old son and he can’t wait to ride. Currnetly looking for the next one!!

Nate Thompson

Get the latest posts delivered via Email:

Hugh-Ad-2
hinge
zombie

Comments

1. El Gaucho says:

Gordon Scott pipes?

2. Qball says:

Nice build mate!
    Just wondering, how comfortable is the Pandemonium pipes with the forward controls?
    Does it get a bit hot? Usually see them with mid controls.

3. HAPPY DAN says:

Bike looks great Nate! When you gonna do another one?

4. Grumpy says:

What can I say!!!! Nice, Old School,very Bobber…………..

5. CruzBoos says:

I just love and have a soft spot for green eyed babes. Treat her well and she’ll take you home.

6. nate says:

Thanks for comments. Pandamonium pipes work perfect with the forward controls, plenty of clearance for yur legs and Dan was also a ton of help along the way. Bike now has a Pandamonium Brembo front brake kit (holy shit, best investment made to this bike)and finished wiring. Odd enough, I just found another 83 Heritage in a field at a scrap yard. 100 bucks later it was mine, 6k original miles. Don’t know what the hell I’m going to do with it.

Great Build Nate. The XS650 is one of the few bikes that you can put your hard work and a few bucks and make a profit. You decided to go with the long term investment, wise man.

8. cristobal says:

Hi Nate, could you give me the measurements of the frame of the bike

9. pickles says:

Great build Nate! I love the green! Keep building, and be sure to pass on those skills to the next generation.

10. dex82 says:

yeah, nice to see you’re gonna hold onto her and pass her down. always a little sad to see a post and it’s “yeah, i built this really cool bike, by the way she’s for sale.” nothing wrong with it, just always nice to see when someone wants to hang onto them for awhile. i’m sure you’ll find something to do with the latest find. they’re a little hard to dig up here in nova scotia, but if i could i’d build one a year, keep ‘em all and just see how many different variations i could come up with. got one that i did last year so far, doing a shovel this year, and hoping to find another xs (100.00 would be just fine) for next year.

11. Nate says:

The hardtail is from TC Bros. 3″ stretch. Removed stock neck gussets (welded small tabs in its place) frisco mounted tank, makes the frame look like a 3″ up. I kept the front end stock length for that reason.

12. Nate says:

The 100.00 find was awesome. honestly bike only needed carb rebuild,some in line fuses,battery and fresh gas. Only one problem, no title. Trying to re-title a bike in PA, next to impossible.

13. R J from the ole school says:

Black, green and mean,,,,looks like a show stopper,,,,I broke down and put a fender up front,,,or would have had to design a 12volt mini faceshield wiper,,,wonder if ANCO sells 4″ blades,,,What do house painters, brick layers and bike builders have in common?,,,,,,LOTS OF BEER,,,, smooths out the bumps when shocks quit working,,,GREAT build,,,come see us in Alabama where cool rides are respected

14. dex82 says:

you never know, might be able to run across a titled basketcase for a good price, maybe swap out the engine, long as you have that vin number.