A Metric Chopper? 1980 XS650

dscf0765

A Metric Chopper?

1980 Yamaha XS650 Hardtail Frame

” 1980 XS650 coverted to a chopper. I am the second owner of the bike. The bike had 19,603 miles on it before it was converted over to a chopper. It rides really well, it does turn some heads too. The bike was stretched 4″. The hardtail is from G&L Choppers. Everything works on the bike, starter, kickstart, turn signals, horn, high and low beam. The turn signals and the brake light has been converted over to LEDs. The rotor coil has just been rebuilt. The previous owner said that the bike had been rejetted for the aftermarket exhaust. All Cables and Brake Lines has been replaced with new ones. Both Front and Rear tires are New. Replaced old ball bearings to New Needle Bearings in the neck.”

dscf0736

This bike just sold on Egay for: $4,7000 US!

• List of Modifications:
  • New Ford Style LED Tail Light
  • New Tank and Fender
  • Kreemed Tank

dscf0768

dscf0711-1

dscf0764

A very clean Chopp. I particularly like the leather soul seat. What do you guys think?

Comments

1. nick says:

just darn cool, in my opinion. The XS650 motor and case is perfect for this kind of bike. This thing sounds great, too!

2. nick says:

Ted KEEP up the good work man.

3. Dan says:

What a sweet bike. I wish I had stumbled upon this bike before it sold….

4. Sean says:

This was my bike that i chopped. Im surprised to see it on another website. I was actually looking for something on google image search and i seen my old bike and i clicked on it and it took me to this page.
    Thanks guys it took a lot of work to get it this way.

Sean

5. robert says:

sean if you ever check out this site again… i just bought this bike… i would like to more about the build….if you could..please e-mail me at [email protected]….i’m getting the bike delivered to nys. tomorrow. the bike is awesome.

6. blaine says:

Was it easy to fit the stock rear caliper in that position? I have frame on its way from G&L and need to do this same set up. Anyone have any tips on that?

7. Emery says:

Very nice…only thing I would change is the rims… I can’t stand these stock rims… got the same on my bike and I can’t wait to get them off!

8. Oscar says:

Someone just bought this on Hudsonvalley CL, Kingston NY. If the new buyer or i anyone knows the new buyer please let him know if he puts it back on the market within the year or sooner please contact me at Oscar8404 at Aim.com. I was to late it had sold 3 days before i called due to being on vacation. Would pay what the new buyer paid+ the reg taxes payed if paper work is shown.

Thanks,
    Oscar

9. Oscar says:

I prefer for it to be sooner, like before this winter.

Thanks,