Hans From Holland & The Yokohama Customshows

hansprost

Hello FooXS,

Guess you’ve already noticed, i’m in! This site is great and I’m pleased to have my own column here. This column will be updated on regular base with a lot of XS 650 info, tech solutions, stories and of course a lot of lovely XS pics.

First of all a little introduction. I’m listening to the name Hans Prost for about forty years now and living in the east part of Holland. Already twenty years I’m a huge XS 650 lover, or better, call it a passion. I’ve built and ride several XS 650’s over the years and also collect XS documentation for many years. Another passion is blues-rock music, favourite band is absolute Lynyrd Skynyrd for me. Glad to say they’ll coming to Europe this spring, lookin’ forward to them.

OK, back to the XS 650, I’m also a member of the Dutch XS 650 club. We have about 600 members, our own clubhouse, part shop and a great club magazine. Name of the mag is 653 and I’m an editor of it. I’ve got several bikes, at the moment three XS 650’s and my latest project you see in the ‘Back to BasiXS’ post.Thousands of XS pics to share with you, in this first post (as promised) some Japanese XSses on customshows. I know it’s got less to do with Holland, but hey, haven’t you seen the inauguration of Obama? We should learn from each other…. So here some Japanese custom-bikes, most are built in the Bratstyle tradition.

7715

7625

31tmcs_001

73753727

p208

3895

hh0039

7583

3913

img_7017

ppkkkkk

0498

Comments

1. Ted says:

This is the motherload! As a xs650 addict, I can say this will satisfy my addiction for a little while. What a stockpile of great brat styled bikes. Thanks for the great post & pics Hans.

2. S!CK says:

mooi dat jij dat gaat doen.
    Komt het iig goed.
    Vind die laatste erg mooi.

3. Hans from Holland says:

ThanXS for the confince Sick, I know, XS on last pic is great.
    It’s got great details, got much more pics of it, check your mail I’ll send some to you.By the way, great to see the chop of Ab here!!!!
    “If it ain’t Dutch, it ain’t much” hahahahahaha……

4. Hans from Holland says:

Know this is a XS site but wanna share this: I told Lynyrd Skynyrd is part of my life. Today reached me the sad news Billy Powell of the Skynyrd band passed away yesterday. The world lost one of the greatest rock pianist ever. Freebird, Tuesday’s gone and all other great Skynyrd songs, they’ll never sounds the same without Billy.
    Fly on Freebird.

5. Dan says:

Hey Hans,

Good to see you here and to hear you’re going to be a regular contributor. You always seems to have the goods when it comes to the XS650. This is a great set of photos. I especially like the first, second and tenth bike, but hell, they are all great looking rides. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
    Dan
    Marshall Islands

6. Ted says:

Dan, it is definitely cool that Hans the 650 guru is on board here. He just sent in his draft for his next month’s piece.

7. Wabba says:

Hey Hans,

Greetings from the sunny Spain! I just discovered your site, and I’m stoked!

That white bike is insane! Any more details of that bike?

Keep the pics coming!!!

8. kreeper says:

in the prosses of building a 67-82 650 special.. everything is looking promising but i have a little wireing problems but if you have any advice please email me… thanks

9. Elenchus says:

Can anyone tell me where I can learn more about bike #7? I love the look of that tank, among other things.

10. greg says:

Thanks for the great fotos Hans. I’ve been agonizing over what to do with my bike and to be honest, I have no interest in building another “rigid with sporty tank” deal. Your pics have given me a few ideas! keep up the good work.