“Get Bent” RADICAL XS650 Ardcore Choppers

bent-blk1

RESPECT THE VIBE THIS XS650 GIVES

OR “Get Bent” & DIE!

Okay 650 fiends…. Here is a monthly features Bike for your XS addiction!

This bike is called “Get Bent” and was built by Ardcore Choppers to show just how far you can take an xs650 Chopp. This is one of those crazy bikes that you can look at all day without getting bored. I hope I have a chance someday to see it in person. This crazy Concept 650 is by no means a trailer queen show bike. It has and gets ridden often. The Bike is a serious piece of hardware. Mad amounts of engineering and figuring went into this bikes built. If you can appreciate the amount of engineering and time spent creating this monster XS650 you will realize how sweet of a bike it really is.

Ted M:

There’s so much we could talk about with this bike but I think the best places to start is at the beginning. How long did it take to build this monster?

JON ARD:

This being my personal bike I only had time to build on it in between customer builds. I’d guess probably 1 1/2 years.

dscf00771

It looks as though the backbone is a solid piece of large diameter pipe?

The gas is stored in the backbone. The main frame is 4″ tubing and it holds fuel all the way to the bottom. We run a small fuel pump to get fuel back up to the carbs with a bypass system so it doesn’t push too much fuel.

How much gas doesn’t hold?

2.1 gallons..

07232007skyhook16

“Get Bent” obviously shows off the talent that you guys have at Ardcore Choppers but what would you say was one of the most challenging components in building the bike?

Coming up with a front end design. We built the frame first with no idea of what to use as a front end. We knew a standard front would not do it justice. I spent several days scratching my head trying to come up with something trick. Long story short my boy rode up on his BMX bicycle and thats the style we went with. Then it was just a matter of figuring out geometry for the inverted springer/spring rates and the hidden hardware on the stem.
07232007skyhook9
How big is that Phatty tire?

It sports RC component rims with the rear being a 300mm. Braking is provided by a brake on the jack shaft.
I have to ask. The Bike looks radical and super fun to ride but how well does it really handle? How does the front suspension perform?

I know some guys out there claim how well those big tire bikes ride but I can say after building and riding numerous 250-300 tire bikes they are a hand full. They just don’t like to turn. Of course that’s the sacrifice we sometimes make to get the look. Is it practical? HELL NO! But that’s not what it was built for. It takes some getting used to but it is a absolute friggin ball to ride! As for the front end performance, I’d put it up against any hydraulic unit out there.
dscf0023
To run that super huge back tire it looks as though you have a offset gear set up. Is that something that you’ll be selling?

Yes. It uses our off the shelf jackshaft setup that we already market. Going to the 300, I did build a outboard bearing support but we don’t normally run those on 250 or smaller tires. We will be offering 180 kits for the XS that do not space the side cover etc.
gnp1
dscf00262
Have you tested its limits? I mean have you cracked it wide open yet? About how fast have you gotten her going?

With no speedo its tough to tell. The motor is built to the hilt by Thomas Racing Service. It is bored out to 900. It cackles like a top fuel bike and we often hear guys say the have never heard a XS sound that nasty. All I can say is when you whack the throttle you best be holdin on!

The hot model is a friend of Nate’s and her name is Jo.

Interview by Ted M with JON ARD from Ardcore Choppers. You can drop JON a line at sales@ardcorechoppers.com

Thanks JON, Nate & Ardcore crew.

If you dig this POST come back. There will be more!

Or checkout Nate’s XS650chopper.

And if you have some xs650 pics, send them in dude!

Look at this yamaha xs 650 bobber concept.

Comments

1. Steve says:

This is the Coolest XS’S you’ll ever see . I was lucky enough to be around when Jon was building this bike , and have ridden With Jon , when He’s been out on it , it’s way cool !!! Look’s even better rolling down the street . ” Ardcore Choppers ” is a happening place if you get a chance stop by and see Jon and the guy’s at ” Ardcore “. Steve A

2. hoosierduckman says:

This bike is BAD ASS!!! The sound from this bike is just…BAD ASS!!! Every time I see it I find something new that I like. Great job Jon.

3. swinewerx says:

I always love a very different bike very nice indeed you really got my attention in a huge way

4. Doug Tucker says:

if i buy an ardcore frame, can i meet jo? expect nothing but the best from ardcore choppers, old school values and bad ass rides.

5. Doug Tucker says:

p.s we need to get a write up on thomas racing for this site, those guys build xs rocket ships

6. JON M says:

nicely done interview. I like that you took the time and actually did a really well-done interview. what a monster.

7. Ted says:

Thanks JON M. This blog is started to be really fun. I appreciate you leaving comments. The site is getting traffic but I’d like to get people to leave more comments.

8. ZAKK says:

Beautiful bike. I like design. Very innovative.

9. Nate says:

Thanks for all the compliments on “get bent”
    Keep your eyes peeled here for more of whats’ coming out of Ardcore in the weeks to come.And if you’ve got a spare minute while surfing the interwebs check out our site and see what else we’ve cooked up in the lab.

10. joe wiseguy says:

this is by far the wildest xs i have ever seen. absolutely my favorite xs650 custom i have ever came across. details of the bike are amazing. i show everyone that comes by our shop this bike when they start talking about design.

11. Geezerman says:

That’s some great off the wall thinking.
    Super sweet lookin ride.
    Sure wouldn’t want that Phatty yankin on MY shirttail !!!!

12. Hans from Holland says:

Just get an email from Luc from Belgium. He bought the Get Bent from Ardcore and so it hit the roads by our neighbours now. The Get Bent was by the way, a coverstory of our magazine 653.

13. Balta Gtz says:

felicidades, exelente moto una construccion muy personalizada y muy fuera de lo comun….

14. Bozo says:

Last year i buy a front end springer from ardcorechoppers…i am still waiting for it…they never refound me…and refuse to any of my contacts…very bad transaction…they had 2000 $ from me…very big shame for an international fare.
    P.S. Don’t ever trust them!!!

15. Idaho chad says:

i’m scared of that chick.

I WANT TO HEAR IT !!

17. luc says:

I tried different times to post some pics of what this bike is after 2 years work, but they don’t want to post it because I wrote what dissaster it was.
    greetings
    luc

Please Ted , at least 1 update a week. Starting with Get Bent !!!!!!!!!!

19. norm younger says:

Once again another great bike from Ardcore.

20. luc says:

Hi Norm,
    I sent them some pics of how the get bent is now but they don’t want to post it

21. Hans from Holland says:

Hi Luc,
    Your updated ( or should I say upgraded) Get Bent deserves space in our Dutch XS 650 magazine, the 653 !!! We’ll mail, speak ya.

22. luc says:

Thanks Hans, I ordered today a new clutch cable from heiden tuning and then is the bike completely finished.
    the sound of the 880 engine with short pipes is amazing.
    I will sent you an e-mail

23. Barney says:

How much has it changed? Are there photos anywhere on the net?

@luc, dude I WANNA SEE TOO , fanoboss@yahoo.com , I WILL NOT PUBLISH OR SHOW , WILL DESTROY AFTER MY LUSTY VEIWS…I would love to hear it, YOU TUBE BRO !!!!

25. luc says:

Hi Barney, there are some pics on the internet, but when I put the link on the site they remove the comment.
    As soon as the clutch cable and some little things are done I will take again some pics of the bike.
    sent me your e-mail and I will post you some pics
    greetings