“Chicago Bike” Red xs650 By Ardcore

xs650

“Chicago Bike”

Yet another radical xs650 by the Ardcore chopper crew. If you guys haven’t already seen this bike check it out. The red paint job really makes this bike pop.

Nate is Ardcore’s in house painter and did the paint on the “Chicago Bike.”  This ride also featuring some of Ardcore’s original Half-Popped exhaust pipes.

xs650 bobber

Supreme slick looking xs650. Who’s bike is it?

We built this bike for a customer in Chicago named Jon. He brought us a previously chopped bike that hadn’t been done very well. Jon wanted us to do a rebuild for him only using what we could which wasn’t very much.

Jon brought us a bike like i said that had been chopped but wanted a complete redo and he had every intention on having a bike like our production bobber.

We went a little above and beyond for him as we aren’t realy into doing the same thing twice. We pretty much ran wild with it, hell he hasn’t even seen it yet.( I’m sure Jon’s seen it now) We won’t send him pics because we are all really want to see the look on his face when he get to see it for the first time.

chicago-bike-013-copy_1

I dig the paint. Did you do that in-house?

Yeah, all our paint is done in house by me (Nate)..I dig it because Jon (Ard) let’s me do my thing without any constraints and I have yet to disappoint him. I pretty much do all the customers bike and even do non shop builds for guys across the country and world..
chicago-bike-035-copy1

Is there any trick stuff that you wouldn’t notice from just looking at the pictures?

This bike feature our new “bright ass led” taillight license plate bracket which I think is a pretty nice piece. It also runs a 200mm tyre with an offset sprocket that we do in house. This is one of those bikes that you really have to see in person as most of our builds are due to all the subtle details.

chicago-bike-066-copy

Is the motor builtout?

The motor on this one is a bone stock xs.

It’s pretty cool Jon( THE BIKE OWNER) let you run wild with the design. It shows how much he trust you’r taste. You guys are probably able to to do your best work when you are just doing what you feel like.

You can see more pictures of this xs650 bobber @ ardcorechoppers.com

Checkout Nate’s xs650 here.

• Leave a comment below.
  • Or better yet, Send in some pics of your xs650!

Comments

1. Jon M says:

This is definitely a beautiful xs650.. I love it. The red paint is just beautiful. Nicely done..

2. Bodyc says:

Greatings,
    Can i get a one small photo from your blog?

Have a nice day
    Bodyc

3. hoosierduckman says:

That bike is awsome, too bad u can’t keep it for yourself!!!!!!!!

4. Nate says:

Bodyc,what photo are you wanting?
    _Nate(ardcore choppers)

5. Ted says:

No problem Bodyc..just link back.

6. Caetans says:

Nice bike!!

7. HoeyUno says:

You guys do awesome work!!

8. anonymous says:

I have had this bike in my shop for 5 months to fix all the problems it was built with. Mild steel axles, blown head gasket from lack of head steady, fork stops from DNA springer kinking backbone tube, steering head 1/8″ off center AND out of plumb, poor shift linkage design broke shifter detent…it just goes on. I have a full sheet of paper with all the issues I have addressed listed. Watch out for the “master builders” that talk big, they rarely deliver.

9. anonymous says:

one last thing…radical? above and beyond? Looking over the ardcore website, they just took stuff off the shelves, bolted it all together in a very poor fashion, couldn’t even manage to paint the underside of the fender and call it a custom. It’s a 1-800-choppers BS bolt together with a half assed paint job. Reality check guys…

@ anonymous, then why don’t you identify yourself ? just a question.

11. Nate says:

Yeah I would be interested in photographic evidence of said issues,instead of making claims anon via the Internet.
    Funny thing is we had this bike at our shop for well over a year before the guy we built it for even picked it up,so needless to say the bike was rode quite a bit and never had any issues what so ever.
    If you would like to send these pics,click my name and send them over but I’m betting you don’t have anything to back up your claims.

12. norm younger says:

Great Bike!

13. Yale says:

Awesome bike. What is the size of the rear wheel/tire? What modifications did you have to do use such a large rear tire/wheel?

14. Nate says:

It’s a 180mm and is built off

15. Nate says:

Damn phone… Of our chopper frame and utilizes our off set sprocket.

16. luc says:

Hi Nate, when you made a topic with pics like I did of the get bent, then they don’t want to post it.
    I also made a topic just with pics of how the get bent now is and they still don’t post pics ( I also sent the pics to ardcore choppers so I think you saw them)
    greetings
    luc

17. Mississippi James says:

Well done on that paint job it looks sick!!! I bet it even looks better in person.

18. anonymous says:

Nate, you don’t want to go there about this. Seriously. I can get ALL the photo evidence to corroborate my claims…I could care less if you believe any of it though, I just hoped to save some people from getting ripped off. I had thought about throwing some pics of the unpainted underside of the fender up on the JJ in your jock shop thread. I do spend some time there and don’t want to see people get less than promised. You rode that thing around like that for a year? Got pretty lucky…John seemed less than interested when I talked to him once about the brake pedal mounting bracket breaking off the frame. Wanted to match the paint after I repaired and added some gussets (why not at first build.) It broke at an unnecessary butt weld on thin-walled crew tubing with a solid slug and only 1/2 the joint even touched with electricity. ANY decent fabricator will see several problems in the last sentence.

As for going by anonymous, what benefit do I get out of putting these things out? If I were drumming up business by saying these things, then I would identify myself. Being a smaller shop and seeing other smaller shops getting screwed around by having to fix these “big name” builds in the past has forced my caution. Tell you what Nate, I will introduce myself if I ever see you in person. Us Hoosiers don’t take kindly to those who sully the good reputation…even if I don’t live there anymore.

Is this the same bike on e-bay ?