Garage Company’s XS650 Chopp :: Flatt Kracker

xs650choppergrc

Garage Company Customs XS650

So, I’ve mentioned before how stoked I am about xs650 chopper and how it’s been growing so fast. Things just keep getting cooler… This evening, after working on my xs650 for an hour I came in and checked my mail and this Sick XS650 is just sitting in my inbox. F#@$ing sweet….

From the Garage Company Customs crew..

“Describe Your XS650: We built this bike at my shop, Garage Company Customs in Alabama. This all started with a horrible aborted chopper project we bought off eBay. Whoever started it had no business building even a go-cart. The motor was assembled and then powder coated. Yep that’s right. FULLY ASSEMBLED AND THEN POWDERED!!! Spark plugs bolts and all. It took 2 days off blasting to get all the powder off and to get it taken apart. So aside from that the frame was just a straight leg rigid, nothing fancy. So we cut off the back half and made what you see here. We also raked the neck about 8 degrees. The wheels are 21×3.5 rear and 21×2.15 front with a Sportster narrow glide fronted. For the gas tank I decided on this late 60’s Honda CB160 tank. The rust you see on the tank is compliments of my shop catching on fire in July 08.

uv0q3999gcc2008web-copy1

Apparently smoke rusts steel quicker than water.The seat is mounted to a leaf spring we had arched. As far as the motor we rebuilt it to stock. Other than that what you see is what you get.”

About Garage Company Customs crew..

“Garage Company Customs is a full service motorcycle repair and service shop located in Pelham, Alabama. We specialize in machine shop services, custom fabrication and custom motorcycle builds. We are independently owned and operated, so you won’t get that dealership run-around. We pride ourselves on the quality of craftsmanship that goes into each project that we work on. No custom project or build is too big or too small for us.”
uv0q4185gcc2008web-copy

Garage Company Customs has a complete build-log on this
xs650 chopper which you can see here. You can get in touch with the
Garage Company Customs crew here.

Thanks for sending in the pics guys.. If you get around to building another xs650 chopper definitely send in some more pics!!

If you dig this XS650 Leave A comments below!!

You might also enjoy this xs 650 bobber.

Comments

1. Sky says:

This bike immediately goes on my favorites list.

very, very cool! definitely my style. And people say my bike is low! 🙂

2. Hans from Holland says:

In one word; SUPER.
    Great looXS with the 21″ in the rear, gives that great boardtracker-look. Like the ‘less is more’ style and the great and sober colorcombi.
    Especially the goldcolored rims are doin’ great!!!!

3. Nate says:

I dig this bike..Different which is good in the sea of xs’s that are popping up..

4. Paul Wilson says:

Very low, very cool….people get rediculous with how the XS’s are built though….meaning theres no way you could ride this bike everyday, there are things that would break almost immediately. Not being negative, but I just think bikes built just for show are a total waste….just one mans dumbass opinion!

5. Sky says:

I doubt very much that things would break all over this bike, but regardless of that, there’s a lot of builders out there (me included) That don’t build bikes for everyday riding.
    For me, building bikes is about expression and individuality, and personally challenging my skills. My bike is finally finished, and I certainly don’t see myself riding it every day, but you won’t see another one like it!
    To me, if I want a bike to ride every day, I’ll buy another factory sportbike. Ridiculous reliability, and it’ll do everything you ask of it.
    Again, just different points of view on the whole motorcycle scene, but that’s how I build bikes.

6. Ted says:

I agree Sky….. This bike is just badass though.. It might not be a “everyday” ride but it shows the skill that Garage Company Customs has.. Lots of builders build bikes just to show off their skills.. However, there’s no reason you couldn’t ride his bike around town.. It’s a unique XS650.. Everybody has their own style and skill level..

7. David says:

Love your bike, what are the odds of getting some more photos of it? Very unique, like the look, Good work!

8. Ted says:

Check the link to their website

9. S!CK says:

I don’t like it

I LOVE THIS THING!

10. hoosierduckman says:

Bad Ass bike! Love that tank.

11. Larry says:

Thanks for all the comments guys. and yes this is an everyday rider. and aint nothing broke yet.
    Thanks Guys,
    Larry

12. Lil Thro says:

If any one needs a custom ride, look no farther, Larry El Presidente of GCC is a one of the few left that can make a bad ass bike with a sheet of metal, and turn it into a masterpiece with his bare hands.

13. Bill says:

Larry’s bikes dont fall apart! I see this XS all the time and it still looks great. He did my XS soft tail frame I’m doing currently and it came out super clean. They build working man’s bikes, although if you want a $100,000 rig he can build that too. Very cool guys, very easy to deal with

14. Bryan says:

Wicked bike!

What rims and tires are you running? I imagine those are hard to source (i’ve tried). Any tips?

15. Brian says:

Larry,
    Not only is this bike very unique and sick looking, but confirming it as an everyday rider really makes me want to invest in one!
    “Craftsmanship ingenious”!

16. Lavaman says:

That is the sickest bike… excellent work bros

17. Bobbydeville says:

Not sure if this the right place, I was looking for information on the difference between carburettors for a 2 stroke and 4 stroke? Is it just the jetting?

18. Bobbydeville says:

OOPS!!!! By the way, the bike kicks ass!!!

19. Blacksmithbilly says:

I saw this bike in person at the 09 Spring Thaw…
    at which ,it took the 1st place money…
    Bad lil sickle!

20. bret says:

THATS SO bad ass getting ready to go on third tour wishing i could get somthing like this one i get back any one who know someone in alabama or couple hours away with bad ass bikes should email me and around how much would something similar to that cost

21. bret says:

ohh email is [email protected] thanx hit me up

22. Mason says:

Great craftsmanship. I’m planning a trip around the states on my xs and will stop by just to shake the hand of an artist. Keep up the good work.

23. REEB! says:

What wheel is that in the back

24. Fabbastard says:

Nice little chop job.

25. norm younger says:

Differant. I like it.

26. josh says:

love the bike this look is awsome gota love it im actually geting ready 2 do 1 somewat like this but im gona go with shocks n back
    like the head light wat type is it

27. El Gaucho says:

Holy F. I’ve seen one pic of this thing floating around the net some time ago, but to finally find it here is just bad ass. I totally pitched a tent when I clicked on this and the first pic loaded up. Just bookmarked to favorites!