BONELESS’ XS

Hi FooXS,

Here some Dutch talk again in this column edition # 5.
Last week I’ve showed you the nice ‘original framed’ XS bobber of Marco. That bike shows that it’s not a must to hardtail your XS 650 for a good-looking headturner. In this column edition something completely different, at least when we have it about the frame.

Here’s another great Dutch ride with a fresh view on the XS theme! A radical ride built by ‘Boneless’ Jeroen.

bigtwinshow

boneless1

This project had my attention already somewhere a year ago when he start this build and post the progress of this chop on a Dutch motorcycle board. On several boards there where long discussions about this XS, in particually about the frame and it’s strengh. But hey, this bike rocks! Take a good look at the frame, basically two frames! The sharp end and the tail are actually connected by the engine.

boneless2

A couple of months ago I saw this bike ‘live’ at the Big Twin Motor Show in Rosmalen. Here it stands besides two other Xsses which you’ve already seen on this awesome site. Last week there’s was a photoshoot with Jeroen and his radical ride, in one of the next months there will be a feature in Holland’s biggest custom-magazine. This pics, not of the shoot, of Jeroen’s XS 650 speaks for themselves I think, have a look. Xsee ya here around neXSt time!

boneless3

pict3604kl

hansprost

Greetz Hans Prost

www.xs650.nl

Comments

1. Jon M says:

Good one Hans. I liked this XS but I’m not sure if it would be structurally sound. I mean the frame is not supporting the motor. Very cool bike.

2. Greg says:

Hello Hans I have just recently moved to Germany and I am looking to buy an XS bobber I have a collection of oldtimer motorrads but I want something to travel on. I will be in Holland in June if you could email me at lit2bos@aol.com that would be great. Thanks

3. Terry says:

When I first looked at this bike, I hated it. And while I still don’t care for it much, I realized there is one thing about it that if fixed would make the bike actually look nice.
    I’ve seen a lot of chops that left the backbone exposed because the frame wasn’t chopped in that area, but to custom build a frame that intentionally exposes that much just seems…. stupid. If one were to cut that cross-braced atrocity out of there, that bike would look pretty sick.
    Compile that with that rat’s nest of headpipe and it’s just getting on my nerves. If the joints in the headpipe were seamless it might be a bit more impressive, but since all of the joins are clearly seen, not so much.
    I’m really not trying to flame here, but what happened to FLOW? This build is obviously all about looks. (Structural integrity is definitely questionable, and those pipes will only impede performance.) I’m as willing as the next guy to say, “Why the hell not?” but sometimes you really have to stop and ask, “WHY?”

4. Rusty Nutz says:

Interesting chromed intestines exhaust pipes. More skills than I have.

5. oelil says:

awesome…

6. ol' fart says:

This sort of “bike building” shouldn’t be encouraged. It’s poorly engineered, self indulgent, unsafe, foolish, euro-crap.