Column PART # 6 TEN TRICKY DETAILS

hansprost1

So many XSses, so many ideas. Greatest thing about this site is to see which ideas everyone came up with. Details that make a bike personal, one-off and give that XStra touch…In this column part # 6 some of those fine details. Hope you get some inspiration to make your ride even more outstanding. Stop droolin’ and grap your tools lazy bastards…..4571

887

blueballs3

img_1579

img_2507

kettingvet7

pict0552

prost4589

prost7593

txsa5

Xsee you neXSt time around, Hans Prost.

handprost2

Comments

1. Ted says:

That clutch setup is crazy. I thought it was a dry clutch setup at first but after looking at it for a minute it’s like a piece of glass or plastic and not really a dry clutch. Ooo

2. Hans from Holland says:

This XS with ‘open view’ clutch belongs to my friend Bert Kettingvet.
    He was the first who did this trick on a XS 650, that’s about 5 years ago. It’s really nice to see, especially with engine running!!
    The hydrolic clutch in pic four is my own bike I made a couple of years ago, a XS 650 in FZR style. The open view clutch have I also done on my LynXS project, here you find a pic of it
    On the left side of page the racy clutch.

3. SOLVER says:

HELLO,

I LIVE IN HOLLAND AND I WO LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT
    THE XS650 CHOPPER BUILDING IN MY COUNTRY.
    I’VE SEEN LOTS OF PARTS AND FRAMES ON THE INTERNET, BUT ONLY FOR SALE IN THE STATES.
    I HOPE I CAN GET THESE PARTS IN HOLLAND.
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I AM REALY INTERESTED.

THANKS, GREETINGS FROM HOLLAND.

PS, GREAT SITE

4. Ted says:

Hans, The hydrolic clutch I had another idea for easier way to set it up but need to order the parts to try and see if it works. check out this link

5. Rob S. says:

In picture 8 I love the bike with the yellow wheels does is anyone know how I can see more of that bike ….

6. Hans from Holland says:

Yes, just by sending me an email……

7. Rob S. says:

Hey Hans hows it going . I’m the guy that asked about more pics. I would of sent you the e-mail but I must have over looked t or something because I have no clue of your e-mail. My e-mail is Saint61568@aol.com. Thanks for your time.

8. Angry John says:

Hans, Is the hydraulic clutch in pic 4 a foot clutch?

9. Angry John says:

Disregard my last post. I’m an idiot.

10. Dennis says:

fantastic metalwork in pic 5…. but whadahel to do with the exhaust in pic 9?????

11. …The guy wanna be deaf asap, his wife keep on talkin and talkin and…..

12. Barney says: