Metalhead’s brat to be (the ol’ ladies bike)

noid-l_e6fb459c00654336bb5bd2e49084e0c4

Write about your XS650.: I  picked this bike up, 100% stock, but in boxes, in return for doing a hardtail on a guy’s frame. coming along nicely, so far. I’ve seen alot of bratstyle bikes using new tubes for the seat rails, but halfway thru doing the frame, I got the idea to re-use the rear seat loop as the seat rails/fender mount. I haven’t gotten pics with the fender on yet, but for all ya’ll guy’s trying to build a similar bratstyle, this works GREAT. Even used the stock rear fender (trimmed) on the stock mounts. looks killer.

noid-l_7f887d9742d04435a54bd55a2c689292

This one is being built for my girl to ride, she’s not really wanting a rigid.

noid-l_0a5bd41780d246d3ad61afa62daae9fa
I have a 3rd one in the works too, but it’s more of a cafe style ride, so I don’t know if it’ll make this site or not.
BTW, I’m on the market for a wassel style tank for this bike, so if anyone out there in choppa-land has a connection, LET ME KNOW! I have an aluminum, original, unmolested wassel, but my girl has limited seat time, so I’m hesitant to put such a beautiful tank on a bike that maye get it’s “hard knocks”.

Thanks  Steve

Comments

1. BLACK WIDOW says:

I have one all bobbed out well I just bought another and told the ol lady I’d bobb it out for her so we could ride 🙂 and she told me hell no LOL Good luck on the build it’s looking clean so far

2. skr00zloose says:

hahaha, yeah, the Ms. rode my rigid for about 5 minutes and decided she wanted something with suspension, so that’s pretty much how this bike came about. Just picked up a tank, got the shock mounts and fender nailed down, and started on the seat pan. I’ll get some pics posted as soon as I can. I’m really diggin this bike for as little money and time as I have in it.

3. Scott S says:

Any updates on this build?

4. Scott S says:

What are the plans for shock mounts? Is the front rake stock or ???

5. skr00zloose says:

scott:

updates were just sent in, got a bit done.

frame is stock at the front, gussets going in soon (I cut out the upper motor mount). shock mounts are done. I cut the welds on the factory slugs and pressed (haha, more like hammered) them out,and re-welded them to the frame right where the “seat” section meets the rest of the frame. Using stock length XS shocks, it put the ride hieght right where I wanted it.

also got the mid controls done, swapped the wheels to XS spokes, mounted the coil under the tank, made a seat pan, etc.

slowly but surely …..

6. Scott S says:

Cool. We just picked up our next project bike today and your frame is spot-on. Can’t wait to see the updates.
    Wish there was a way to PM or contact members here….

7. gilligan says:

hey bro,she looks good!! im hoping to be back home by years end?!?!

look at some new pics of the current daily(and a couple canadian hotties!!

8. chris says:

you did what i’m doing with the seat loop. so much cleaner then chopping off the rear after the shocks. nice. looking forward to your finished pics. once mine is a bit more presentable and the snow melts 🙁 i’m getting some pics up. keep it up man.

9. norm younger says: