Almost done…

noid-copy_of_img00004

Write about your XS650.: Almost done with my “Fong Brothers Inspired” first attempt at building a motor-sickle. First pic you see is what I started with. Took that over to “Unknown-Choppers” in Garland, Texas and sketched up how I wanted the back half to look. Those guys did a good job on the back half and I have done the rest. I dont have enough confidence to ride on my welds at 70mph. Donor bike was a ’74. Tank is obviously a sporty. To solve the one pet-cock bung problem I used an old glass fuel sediment/filter bowl/fuel valve off a 1940’s Massey Fergouson tractor that has two brass fittings coming out of it and ran the lines to the two carbs. The valve also has reserve. Made the seat out of an old shelf and mounted an ammo can for the electronics.

noid-img00003

Plans are to put a 360 drum front end on it ala Fong Bros style, and some old firestone and speedmaster tires. I am completely hung up on how to solve the kickstand though as I really dont want to spend $175 on a “hotch style” weld on. I cant even find just a weld on kickstand tab for less than 60 bones. Factory tab is gone, so any input or insight as to how you guys did your kickstands would be appreciated. Im also craving some picks on how you guys mounted your brake pedals.

noid-n1446408520_30180338_9177

Thanks ya’ll. -B

Comments

1. Tabogon says:

Beautiful….just beautiful. I love the way the bars flow with the shape of the tank, and the ammo can is a nice touch. Great build man.

2. RUSTY RIDER says:

Great looking bike. I am in the same spot on my bike that you are. How to mount the foot pegs and kick stand. Are you doing mid or forward controls? I saved my kick stand mount after cutting it off, but I would say see if you can hit up MikesXS or buy an old striped frame of Ebay or craig’s list for a few bucks, and then you have spare parts and tubing to make foot pegs out of, and maybe it will still have the mount on.

Good luck man

3. blackwidow says:

Are you gonna run those wheels?? I have one bike built with the 16″rear and the 19″ front and my other bike has those wheels I was thinking of keeping them and running them so my bike looks different then the other but not sure. They look good on your bike

4. Machete says:

check out http://www.cyclexchange.net/ for a decent harlet style weld on kickstand kit, with a nice burly bracket. havent got mine welded on yet but looks great for 75 bucks. they also have some other cool parts too!

5. Salomon says:

love your bike.
    what size wheels are you running?

6. Gustavo says:

awesome looking machine, Im searching for a fuel tank like yours to install on my bike. One that sits tall to make the bike more aggressive-looking.
    What kind of fuel tank is this??