Dane’s 650 built by graverobbercustoms

noid-100_03553

Write about your XS650.: This is a bike that was built for a guy named dane, he is a big dude. so we put a pretty long streeeetch on it. fits him pretty good. it was a 1973 tx650. we ended up spray painting it because our powder coat guy fell trough. Adam built this bike in about five days,then it sat in powder for a month and a half, then he painted it ,and we took thursday to put it back together, hope you guys dig it,   Teebs i know you wont but i still love you!!!!!!

noid-100_03581

noid-100_0361

noid-100_0364

noid-100_0365

Frank GRC

Comments

1. Ted says:

Who cares what Teebs thanks! Frank, you consistently build bikes. I’ve yet to see any pictures of anything from Teebs. Actions speak louder than words!

Looks like the rear brake is operated from the handlebars.

2. frank GRC says:

yea thats something we have been doing to clean the lines up, the switch is in the the original hand controls so less stuff in the back.

3. Teebs says:

Wow, I really struck a nerve, huh? I’m starting to feel like I might have a stalker. lol

Funny thing is; I really like this bike.

I like the stretch. The red and black have just the right balance, with the mags and tires lending a meatiness to it, that makes the bike seem more substantial than a lot of xs chops (mine included.) It just looks heavy. Great stance, great flow. That hide seat is PERFECT. It has great color and brakes up the red and black just enough.

love the can and the really simple front fender used on the rear. It’s awesome that you didn’t fill the hole. Why be ashamed of it? Making use of what’s available is part of what it’s all about.

Even that ridiculous caddy tail light, that everybody wants to use since the Mikey bike (don’t get me started) looks good on this bike. It’s hidden just enough by its location and the saddlebag for it to be there without being over the top.

The only thing I’d like to see done differently is the fork lowering. Whatever. Dude, NICE CHOP.

Aw Ted, you’re going to hurt my feelings! lol Incidentally, pics of my bike can be seen at both 650rider and thechopperunderground. My username is the same. It’s just easier to post them on those sites.

4. Teebs says:

Well, it glitched the first time and then posted them both… lol Gotta love it!

5. frank GRC says:

teebs im glad to hear you like it, thanks for the nice words

6. BODON says:

sick bike, i like everything about it.
    makes me want mine to run right now damnit!

where in Fl are you guys located?

7. Dane says:

Frank, it took a little while but it all came together great in the end. Thanks!

8. frank GRC says:

jacksonville fl,32207.

sorry about that bro, i think it turned out pretty sick i love that sadle bag

9. JOSH says:

dont really dig the stretch on this one but i do understand the customer is a big dude. I REALLY like how you used the stock footpeg mounts and mounted them in a completely different way. SWEET!!

10. Dane says:

Yah, the saddlebag was from Nash Motorcycles, out of my hometown Vancouver, WA.

11. lil bastard says:

I like it ! I really like the foot peg brakets! What’s up with the h-d on the tank? Ha ha !! Cool lil scoot!!!!

12. Dane says:

I’m not 100% sure, but I’m pretty sure that it is an old harley sportster tank. It looks good though and it fits well. I had an old honda CB160 tank that I wanted to use, but it didn’t work that well, especially compared to the sportster

13. scheffers says:

pretty cool… but lose the HD-decals maahn!

14. scheffers says:

I mean, I’m not putting any Dodge Charger ’69 stickers on my Opel Kadett C Coupe…

15. weed says:

HD Cursing in the church

16. Adam says:

Yes that is an original HD tank… it was in too good of condition to strip it or paint over it so we painted the fender and battery box with pin stripes to match. A little yuppy for frank, but I liked it. If you’re ever in Jax, give us a holler.

17. frank GRC says:

i love the fact it says harley! because we get all kinds of negative attention from the cant get enough hd apperal wearing yuppies in jacksonville, I just wanted them to hate us that much more.

18. Love the lines, great color red by the way. The bars look very simular as the one i made for my Back 2 BasiXS. Only critism i have is you tell you made the brakesystem this way for a clean look, but there’s an awful bunch of cables coming of the bars. Why not throw everything of the right side of the bars and make a simple footbrake with the fluidreservoir underneath the engine (plenty of room when you get rid of the startmotor) operated by a simple pushrod.

19. Ted says:

@ frank GRC”hd apperal wearing yuppies in jacksonville, I just wanted them to hate us that much more.” That’s awesome!!!!!

20. scheffers says:

hahaha oké than it’s a good thing you didn’t repaint it! 😎

21. frank GRC says:

Hans normally the hand activated rear brake would be alot cleaner,but this was a tx 650 with the dual throttle cable. yea the bars do look alot alike(sick bike by the way) i just used the original bars and cut them in half.

22. Fitchy says:

So let me get this straight, you cut the ends off the original handlebars? because those are sweet looking clip ons.

Love the bike

23. Fitchy says:

What is the stretch? and rim size?

24. frank GRC says:

fitchy i cut the middle of the original bars out and made tubes that tighten on the cut end of each bar

25. blackwidow says:

Cool bike I like that looooooooooong stretch

26. JB says:

Totally awesome bike . . . I can see DKBB riding through the Venersborg curves on this one.

27. Rita Marie Vernetti says:

Dane, your bike is great. An a Harley. Makes me think of the days I used to ride in California in the late ’60’s. Keep up the good work
    and again thank you for serviing our country.
    Your Aunt Rita

28. HoeyUno says:

Nice work…Your not gonna leave the harley logo on though are you???

29. Dane says:

yah I will, until I put my next tank on it. I got an old cb160 tank I wanna use. I just gotta get it welded up

30. Dane Bogaard says:

Great looking bike. I hope to add another XS650 chop from another guy named Dane.

31. mykill says:

how long of a stretch is that.

32. norm younger says:

One of the nicest bikes ive seen on this site. Great job