Japan Style from France

noid-roue_avant_zoom

This my XS, a 3L1 from 1980. I love the style of Japan’s builders.
So, i cut the rear frame, lower the suspensions. I put a sportster tank, a little rear fender and clean the frame. I rebuild the engine with scott exhaust pipes. Make anew electric wiring. The paint is home made with goldleaf.

noid-moteur

noid-cote_droit

noid-cote_gauche_plus_pres
noid-ariere_droit

On the dragstrip the bike make: 9.08s.
And the name off my bike : A bruxa

Comments

1. Ted says:

I don’t think we’ve had any XS sent in from France. NICE……. That headlight is in their real tight like I like it…..

2. Teebs says:

I love the look of this. Super clean, all the wiring and cables neatly tucked away. Dig the leaf…

Great stance, cool to see a “softtail” job with space under the seat!

The triangular nature of the motor mount positioning isn’t random. It creates a strong support for an otherwise flimsy frame. Removing the top brace and mount isn’t anything I would recommend, but since I’m not riding it; ride on, brother!

It really is amazing what kind of transformation one can achieve with some relatively simple modifications. She may be a witch, but she’s a really HOT witch. No big hair warts to be seen…

3. Kevin says:

Nice bike, I’m diging the gold leaf, and it run’s 9’s on the strip!?! I’ve seen guys removing the top motor mounts, but I’ve heard you can actually crack the base of the head as it flexes forward and back.

4. Cedric says:

Thank you, yes the name is witch (in portuguese).
    I have a crash aftrer 2 month. And I rebuild the bike.
    I ride very frequently with the bike and I don’t have problems with the motor mounts.
    PS: The bike make this time on a 1/8 miles track.

5. Matt says:

Love this bike. I have loved it since I came upon it on youtube. Great stuff.

6. mick says:

Slap a Hardtail on it and it would be perfect.

7. Matt McD says:

This bike is sick!! It has a killer stance to it. What did you cut on the frame?

8. david says:

que linda moto brothers.
    un saludos desde chile a franceeee…………………

9. Emery says:

The tank looks good, I like the gold leaf.

10. Mike says:

Wow amazing bike. My inspiration to build my own! Do you have any more pics or info of what you did to this bike? please give me a link to another site with more info! I want to turn mine into this master piece!

11. Mike says:

Is this swingarm extended or is the shock mount height just lowered?

12. Cedric says:

For more info, but in french:

13. HoeyUno says:

I love when soft tails are done right. The tank looks great to. CHEERS!!

14. reynoldburton says:

Why didn´t I say anything to this beauty? Real good one!!

15. Fred says:

Nice job! What kind of battery do you run? The battery seems to be hidden under the frame, just in front of the rear wheel: am I right? Any trouble with connections due to vibrations?

16. Hans from Holland says:

Did the same trick a few times before Fred. Just use a gelbattery, they’re absolute bullet-(and vibration….) proof. Never had any problems. Just go to the local scootershop and buy one for only twenty bucks or so. 4,5 amp is enough in combination with points-ignition. But you can’t use the startmotor of course. But that heavy weight thing should be throw away on every XS…. Did you know the XS-1 was also equipted with a small 4,5 battery? Frames of the XS-1 and XS-2 were to small to wear a large battery. That’s the reason that the XS-2(first model with startmotor) gets a valve -decompressor. In ’73 with the wider TX frames they could finally use larger batteries ( 14 amp). The decompressor left but the left outletvalve cover stayed squire. That’s why exept the XS-1, all the XS models have three threecornered valvecovers and one squire…. Anyway…..
    Thought a 4,5 amp gelbattery is only 11cm by 8 cm. Get rid of the centerstand and be surprised how much space there is underneath to hide a lot of ugly (but necesarry) electric components.