My first Bobber

noid-getattachmentaspx

Write about your XS650.: I just picked this bike up on Saturday as my first project. It’s a 1980 XS650 Special. I got it for 800 bucks and it only has 10,000 miles on it. I already have springer forks in the works and I’m planning on hard-tailing it, and the engine shall be rebuilt, ported, and polished (since it’s sat under a tarp for 12 yrs). I was wondering if anyone has any Ideas, tips, or info on good places to find parts. I’ll post more pics as the project progresses.

Comments

1. Rusty Nutz says:

Identical to my bike. Same year, same color.

2. frank GRC says:

mikes xs for parts. http://www.myspace.com/graverobbercustoms for frame and other custom parts

3. Ted says:

you have a lot of work ahead of yourself but it will be worth it.

4. neoman says:

I would just restore it would be so cool brought back and to original condition. I wish my 80 was as clean.

5. tony says:

hey dude i have a similar bike as yours but mine is a 1981 yam.650 special in very very clean condition, anyways i did post pics in here xs-chopper thet said in a few days it should post up, i have 2 GREAT parts website dealing only with the xs yamahas from 70 to 84’s its called http://www.mikesxs.com they got everything wow and cheap if u use them give me a refererall tony p.with 81 xs650 special from youngstown ohio anyways if your changing style of bike some parts etc. i am woundering what you will doo with the stock parts you replaced? cause im interested in some parts email me back or call me 330 503 1639

6. Kyle says:

I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to find my post. Thanks for the Comments! I haven’t been able to do a whole lot on this thing since I don’t have a garage to put it in yet (it currently sits in a “barn” at my grandparents) and I’ve been laid off for a few months. But, I have been able to get it running and clear up some electrical gremlins, rebuilt the carbs, and put a new rotor and stator in it. Hopefully in another month I’ll have a hardtail and a suitable place to chop it. I’ll probably be selling all the stuff I don’t need.