NOT QUITE EVIL …MY CANADIAN BOO

noid-dsc_64521

Write about your XS650.:            hmmmmmm……let see.crazy story..im french Canadian born but lived in the states most of my life (25 years) in 1993 i landed in VA beach ,VA and soon fell in love with the area.i acquired an old cb750 chopper from my uncle which got it from a guy who got it from is dead uncles sons neighbors moms friend …you get the idea. it took me 5 years to get it back together with much help from wade,owner/builder of “THE ORGASMIC GROUNDPOUNDER!” and metalhead  past owner/builder of  “CHEAP SLUT” and current owner of one of my favs “BAD INFLUENCE” unless he changed the name? ill try to find pics of these sick rides too!noid-dsc_6848

anyhow,this beast came back to life in 2000 after being dormant for 20 years and i was hooked!! the cb was my first bike and i still love it dearly,but i soon became very attracted to another…the notorious xs650!!ive got two bikes stashed away in virginia that ive yet had a chance to build. a 75 and a 79 xs that i have huge plans for when i get back to va….hopefully before years end?

noid-dscf0427

va beach was home till 2007 for me, things were pretty good.i had my own custom paint/body shop which me and the boys spent alot of extra time at tinkering with our bikes! i was 5 years into my business and starting to pay the bills on time! my beautiful daughter was 5 at the time. life was good!….

noid-w_bbi1_big

and then,on Sept.11th 2007,i drove to the shop with my headlights on, rocking the flag to show pride and respect to those lost years earlier.i put another flag up on the mailbox at the shop,went into the office and started making phone calls to get the day started when through the window i saw 3 vans,2 cars,and about 15 I.C.E. agents with guns drawn swarm my shop…wow…turns out my papers weren’t in order and i had an outstanding order of deportation because of this….i was shackled,thrown in the back of a van,jailed for three months,and deported to Halifax nova scotia in early December of 07.

noid-w_bi4_big

i lost the shop..and pretty much all my equipment as i did not have enough capital built to maintain it and my crew ,as hard as they tried did not know how to keep it all afloat….a guy took over the shop and agreed to finish all unfinished customer jobs and pay off some debt in trade for all the equipment and tools. at least my customers didn’t  get screwed in the deal.

i wound up in north bay,Ontario where some family took me in and i soon found out just how bad Canadian winters suck.. as soon as the snow melted i found a 1977 XS and began cutting it up,the poor bike was so ugly in near stock form but i fixed that!! i moved to Toronto as soon as i had the bike up to par. i opted to keep the rear suspension as the roads in Canada are pretty jacked.shes a lot of fun and has a lot of personality.. all in all shes been great to me and has helped me cope with being away from my home and daughter which i miss dearly. i ride this bike daily.i rode all through last winter with the exception of about 1 month…it was too damn cold and i didnt like riding in the snow and ice..

if everything goes right,i should be able to go home to va beach by years end?!?! i think ill bring her back with me to help me remember my Canadian experience.

Comments

1. Teebs says:

lol Love the name.

Sorry to hear about your legal troubles. Damn Canadian terrorists. Nova Scotia, eh? I’ve been there once… on a scoot. I mentioned that I’ve only been there once, right?

With all you’ve been through, it sounds like you’re still keeping a positive attitude. I hope you make it back to VA and your daughter soon, brother.

2. Wobblycat says:

Hey Brotha, glad you got deported cuz then you got to meet me. 😛 Good times in Canada tho, eh?! (Minus the winter). Looking forward to visiting u in VA Beach sometime.

3. Cameron says:

YO!! I saw you down town T-dot not long ago!!! I hear you coming from a few blocks away.. and thought to my self… I KNOW THAT SOUND! just as i turned my head, you screamed by.. SICK BIKE MAN!!
    I’ve been looking around toronto area for xs650’s.. they seem hard to find and not as cheap as I originaly thought either..
    Might have to go south for some hunting.. LOL

well.. Bitch’n Bike man!

4. Christian says:

Hey just a question, I’m from Windsor, Ontario and I really want to build a barebones xs650 bobber and no matter how hard I look I can’t find any info online on what you have to have on your bike by law to make it street legal in canada, any ideas??

5. skr00zloose says:

JEFF!!! whatup bro!!!

I talked to your pop’s a lil bit ago and he told me you may be back in the US soon. Hope that happens man, it just ain’t the same ’round here without ya. I haven’t really ridden with ANYONE since you got yanked.

BTW, I just sold the “bad influence”. Been beating on it for 2 years, figured it was time for a change. I have 2 more XS’s I’m building. ! has already been posted here (the ‘ol lady’s bike) and the other I just started a couple weeks ago, pics to come as soon as it’s up on it’s wheels.

Hope to see you back in Va SOOON!!

6. larry says:

Hey man i remember you , thanx for coming to our show (Bottom feeders Beach Bash “N” Car Crash), i ran into you again @ The Kreater show , sorry we never made the party , but thanx for the invite, hope to see around . My club “Bottom Feeders C.C.” is having a halloween gig @ the Bovine OCT 29TH be there.

7. gilligan says:

hey larry,

those were good times! something about your functions seems to be hard on my back tire though?! just got a new one so ill come check out the bovine party! looking forward to seeing those sweet rides!

8. Steve says:

Hey Cuz, Nice blog! Hope you make it back home soon buddy.

It was great seeing you when we went up, Maybe next time you come see us.

You got any more pictures of the ground pounder? I’d like to see the other side.

Take care man!

9. mathew brickhouse says:

Damn dude that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live in Virginia Beach where was your shop? Im currently doing a 79′ bobber chop. The beach hasnt changed much hope all is well with your legal matters. I was born and raised in Sandbridge.

10. gilligan says:

hey mathew.. my shop was off london bridge near the base. if you run into any snags try to get in touch with skr00zloose. to the best of my knowledge he is still around and more than capable of doing anything you need! good luck with your build!

11. gilligan says:

yo skr00zloose,whats new bro?!

12. El Gato says:

Jeff-
    We miss you man and can’t wait till you get back to Va.!!!!!
    Hope to see you soon-
    long live the cb 750 amd the Xs!!!!
    see you in Myrtle beach…