Jeff’s Second Bike

noid-DSCF1891

Built it at home in my Garage.

My second bike. I built it at home in my garage. It took about 4 months. It’s not all done yet. I wanna change the pipes and maybe some paint. It’s way faster than I ever expected it to be. My first chop was a Honda 550 and this thing would smoke it. I made the hardtail and axle plates on my bridgeport. The Fabkevin rear brake is awesome. Harley wheels, tank and other stuff. I’m interested in selling also. I bought the bike from a guy that had a big ugly Big Dog or Big Bear or whatever so he was way too good for the 650. It was a complete and stock low miles bike. Perfect.

noid-DSCF1894

The guy with the Yamadog that’s posted right now actually put me onto the bike. Thanx Tim. I brought it home tore it down and set it up on my wood bench (jig) and started making the hardtail with my bridgeport. i used 1” tubing and cut the axle plates and tig welded it all together.  The wheels are 18” and 21” Harley. The rear brake setup is from Fabkevin that works awesome. The seat is from RedTail Leather in LongBeach CA. and is the nicest seat i’ve seen.

noid-DSCF1889

Well worth the money although i did stain it with brake fluid. oh well. The tank is a Rapido from E-Bay with the original yamaha gas cap welded in place of the obsolete, impossible to find rapido cap. Plus I think it looks better. The forks are stock lowered with the brake bungs machined off. Drag bars and a Hella headlight. It rides great has lots of power. The motor is stock except for the Mikunis and pipes.

noid-DSCF1892

I plan to change a few things such as the pipes, footbrake, and maybe paint concidering my dad has a bodyshop so why not?  This is my second bike ive owned/chopped. My first was a honda 550 that i sold to some dude in chicago but this XS would smoke it.  These bikes are way faster than i expected them to be. also thanx to my buddy FatBob for all the help and donations. www.fatbobsusedharleyparts.com.

noid-DSCF1893

I am possibly interested in selling the bike but i do love it so im not giving it away.
Thanks
For sale on ebay now

Comments

1. reynoldburton says:

Nice tank man – different to what I see most! I also like the tail light and the rear brakes.
    Good job!

2. aesacove says:

Killer lookin’ bike. The tank looks great on it, and the stance is mean as hell ! Great job bro !

3. brian says:

nice job, sweet rear brake set-up

4. bloodhound says:

You did a really nice job. I have not seen anything like it.

5. Blackwidow says:

Very nice it’s the same but different

6. Bodhi says:

Great bike, good lines etc etc…

What is that thing that the fuel lines feed into , never seen it before.
    And I would point out that I have seen that style chain adjuster screw break at the welds with a much longer adjuster nut. just sayin..so what kind of tank is that…..

again really nice job.

7. jeff says:

hey Bodhi what exactly are you talkin about with the chain adjuster?

8. angus67 says:

its a fuel log

9. Bodhi says:

last pic down.\ there’s a nut welded to the frame with a screw through it to prevent the wheel from pulling forward. TC frames use the stock adjuster ( a separate component)while others use a similiar version to the one pictured. I have seen the welds break at that nut causing the wheel to pull forward. This with longer nuts ( threaded tube actually) and more weld. But hey, its not my arse.

10. Bodhi says:

other than that its a really great bike , proportions are all there.

11. Bodhi says:

by the way…whats a fuel log.

12. jeff says:

thanks for your input and concern. but hey,
    you build your bike and ill build my bikes

13. Bodhi says:

Ditto, I’m sure the busted weld was an anomaly as G&L uses that same style adjuster as you do. The weld and bike I mentioned was not theirs and they tig their stuff in pretty good.

14. jeff says:

well maybe if the bike made over 100 horsepower but i think ill be fine. Plus the axle nuts hold the wheel in place for the most part and the adjusters just control the slack in the chain

15. GUNSLINGER says:

hey man where did you tap the oil lines into the eng at or what did you use for fittings…love the bike awsome job

16. josh says:

hey fellas! Nice bike man! And just to throw it out there, our axle adjusters are NOT welded onto the outside of the axle plate like this bike. They are hammered into a slot in the axle plate and they are welded the length of the adjuster both inside and out. You can see them on our website under the frames/tails page.

There is no right or wrong way to do things as long as they are tested and safe.

Josh
    G&L

17. Tebo says:

Jeff, the drop-seat hardtail is sick-ass! Patent it and sell the design to T.C.Bros. or start crankin’ ’em out yourself, ’cause the look totally rocks! Very distinctive. So’s the rest of the bike. The plumbing looks complicated, but cool. Super job.

18. Russ says:

Im wondering if you would have the time to post a how to on your pluming for the external oil filter. I have seen this before and have been wanting to do the same. With the filter on the outside I beleave it would make a great filter , cooler, combo , pluse I just like the industrial lookof it.
    Thanks Russ

19. Joel Mekolites says:

great looking bike

20. Spun says:

Please excuse my ignorance but I was wondering what the second calipers purpose is? Will one not lock it up? Does it improve modulation or performance in some way? Don’t get me wrong, it looks killer and is a nice unit and I would think about using it for that reason alone. I like the safety wire to, nice touch. Just trying to learn all I can, thanks.

21. jeff says:

Spun. my first intentions were to go with a hand shift/foot clutch so i wanted another brake for hills plus i like the looks of a spool. And yes either brake will lock the wheel up. The brake with lines and the bracket and calipers and master cyl all together cost me around $600. a little pricey but it is the brakes id rather be able to stop good than go good.