80% done blues

noid-DSC00079

Always been into bikes – the old mans always ridden and i got my licence when old enough. He’s built a pretty sweet cb750 hardtail and i wanted a chop, so one day he comes home with a frame and pretty soon the engine too from a guy at work. I had the front end lying around which was gonna go into my zephyr fighter, but sold the bike and was running this 7r fighter. Pretty sweet but esentially jail on 2 wheels. Had a back end for the zephyr too so robbed that out.

noid-DSC00027

I like that its different to a lot you see. pretty chunky too. Back wheel was too wide for the frame so it went to a mates to have a new back end in, which is shorter and fatter tube – much better. Nicked some metal from a h*rley custom shop in southy and had it crafted into the guard. Robbed the forwards too. I don’t really like forwards but with mids its gonna be too cramped, and with the 7r going to pay some credit card bills off i need a mile muncher. the tanks had new mounts as it didn’t come with any and went for sissor springs to get a better angle on the seat.

noid-DSC00086

I obtained an oil tank to chop the ends off and turn it into a wiring hiding battery box to keep it neat and now wires over the place. The guy who had the lathe couldn’t get it straight so built me a custom one from scratch – cheers man. Done the pipes from some bends we had. had to keep em high due to the forwards and i liked the symmetry on em. not too sure on them being on the wrong side of the kicker and after seeing limpe ivens in bsh and on here shotguns might be the way forward.

noid-xs1
Doesn’t need much to finish it now but just chilling over winter so can’t be arsed to even look at it, maybe soon. Got my numberplate and a bracket template so might have some enthusiasm soon.

Archie

Comments

1. Blackwidow says:

I like the look of the sport bike wheels

2. HAPPY DAN says:

I DIG WHAT YOU GOT GOING ON THERE MAN,SPEED RACER,SHOW MORE PICS.

3. Torch says:

So far, so good IMHO. I really like the stripped down bare metal patina of the frame. 😉

Ride on,
    Torch

4. Jonathon D says:

Very cool lookin! I’ve got the same front end for my 650 what did you do to fit it in?

5. Hiram says:

from what sport bike is the front end? looks great on it!!

6. matt says:

how did you put a street bike front end on your bike, did you have to have the neck machined out?

7. Rusty Nutz says:

Ya know wut they say 80% done only 80% left to go lol

8. ken says:

have the same front end to fit to my xs. how did you fit the yokes to the frame as ive found the thread to secure the bottom yoke does not pretrude out of the kneck of the frame.

9. Yeah man, that last 20% can be a motivation sucker for sure. Keep at it. Just got mine on the road and I gotta tell ya, it’s worth it.

10. Qrchie says:

Sh1t only just seen this has gone up, sorry guys. Ted I’ll have some more pics soon, enthuisiasm is back.

Front end is from a zxr400, back is a zx6rf. Yeah I had the stem pushed out and a zephyr one in for my old bike. Bottom bearings are the same size though, maybe tops can’t remember. Headlights on and made a custom tail bracket too. Brake lines are on, just waiting for sprocket carrier to come back as it’s being machined down to pull the chain in line

11. norm younger says: