Fat Yama Part II

noid-IMG_1015

Just a couple shots to show you the progress that’s been made over the Minnesota winter. It’s warming up here and the bobber is about ready to go on it’s first ride, only to be taken apart and painted.

noid-DSCN1136

At the moment we’re tying up the small details such as the sissy bar, wiring, brake light, license bracket, etc.. all the things you don’t notice as much. Anway, I’m hoping the bike will be done just in time for spring. Here she is again, enjoy!

noid-DSCN1101

David Chang

Comments

1. R.C says:

I really dig the sissybar and the kickstand. any possibility to get a close-up of the kickstand? rickinpdxx@gmail.com

2. Mark says:

The Ridged rear section on that thing should be put into production.
    It’s really clean and well thought out from what i’ve seen. can’t wait to see the finished ride.

3. Ben says:

dude i am mclovin the fatboy wheels. how much did those set you back? what are the specs on the springer, too?

4. Blackwidow says:

badass one of my favorites

5. David says:

the fatboy wheels cost me 100 bucks off of craigslist, not too shabby but i’ve even seen some for cheaper. as for the springer it’s a -4 under dna i got off of ebay for around 450 shipped. thanks for the comments guys!

6. Bodhi says:

So David,

I had watched this build on another site for sometime, looks great

fatboy rims apparently fit a dna springer …good to know as I was considering doing that .

can you still fit a floating brake in there and are they using 3/4 bearings for the FB rim.

it seems you’ve got one tucked in on the left side but I can’t make out the details

also how wide a tire can you go with the dna. The rims should be 3.00 wide so a 130 tire at 5.00 is reasonable. Is there enough width up front for a 5 inch tire?

7. tadd442 says:

dude…

8. Ben says:

Mclovin? I’m ashamed of having the same name as you. (Angisxs)

9. I think this may be the only XS i am in love with.

10. David says:

Thanks much for the kind words guys! I’ll be updating soon!

11. James says:

Anyone able to tell me what tank that is? Bike looks sick!

12. Ben McLovin says:

Dave,
    What did you do for the rear disc brake and rear sproket?

I think I’m going to go with this setup on a CB750 I just picked up. Instead of hard-tailing it through, I’m going to put rigid struts in, drop the rear about 2 or 3 inches.

13. norm younger says:

i love the rims

14. C.D Williams says:

Hey David,
    I saw you down on Lake St. at “Night of a thousand bikes.” Sharp ride.

15. elduderino says:

david, I’m in more and am working on my first de, wondering if you could get me the info on who did the frame for you

16. rambo says:

Hey dave,

What sprocket did you use on the rear wheel? Props to you digging it hard

17. Jeff Baker says:

Dave, is there a chance you might be selling this bike? email me and let me know!

18. usp222 says:

Hey Dave did you rake that neck or is the trail all good stock. I want to know because I just purchased a 4 under springer and I’m not sure on trail. Thanks