Jeffs Second Bike update

xs650-chop-noid-DSCF4344

Well i never sold it! And im glad i didnt. i changed the exhaust to these board tracker style pipes i found on ebay. I also changed the footbrake to a rearset off of some crotch rocket and it works awesome. I replaced the clutch and springs and re jetted the carbs and its really starting to come around.

xs650-chop-noid-DSCF4343

Im forever changing things on it so i havent really wanted to paint it yet since im always cutting off and rewelding things all over the bike.

xs650-chop-noid-DSCF4342

So the primer brown rattle can makes for easy touch ups and the color is really growing on me so ill probably leave it.

xs650-chop-noid-DSCF4351

xs650-chop-noid-DSCF4350

2009/11/jeff-second-bike/

jeff

Comments

1. Idaho Chad says:

Jeff, i love the dropseat and the rattle can brown. nice!!!

2. Jeff…- love your bike…radical and awfully good work.
    I was bidding on those pipes but I backed off at 250…wish I’d stayed with it, altho wonder what the bidding would have gone to if had… -best looking pipes I’ve seen yet….
    I’m studying on your bike…-Plenty Impressive Work….

3. Crub Hunter says:

How did you set up your oil filter? I have been looking for info to do it like that but I can’t find any.

4. chevy53 says:

i like the color, low seat and what is that tank off of?

5. Alex says:

That tank does look kick ass. Quite the impressive rear brake set up aswell.

6. Tracy says:

Nice ride Jeff, Just how I like em, Low and Lean.

7. BigJimmyW13 says:

Jeff it still looks great! Where are you in IL? I remember seeing your bike on ebay a while back and was sad/glad that it didn’t sell.

8. sgt sleazebag says:

very cool!im also wondering about your oil filter.

9. hooversama says:

cool ride…..i like that color….

wow….seat is real LOW……yer knees must be up to your chin…i guess thats the style these days.

i dig that brake light……

10. REEB! says:

I remember this bike. My buddy wanted to buy it. I like the brown and the tank!

11. murph says:

Sick whip.

12. Blackwidow says:

What is the exact rear wheel size??Was it hard to make it all work?

13. REEB! says:

If you search the bike on the site I think he explained it in his first post . I remember reading it but remember the details! Or I would tell ya.

14. blackdeth666 says:

dig the tank, whats it off of?

15. chuck says:

WOW, by far one of my favorite bikes on here. I am a huge fan of the drop seat and just love it here. This bike has such a great stance. That looks like the same gas tank that the Detroit Bros use on most of their builds, and I was never a huge fan of the way it looked, but on this bike i cant imagine any other style tank that would look better! Great work.

later,
    chuck

16. chuck says:

blackdeth666,

I believe it is a Rapido tank off an old Harley. You can also get replicas of them made by a company but they dont look as nice as the real thing, and i think the replicas are a bit smaller. You can see the replicas here..

cheers,
    chuck

17. Donnie says:

Sick build. Nice work… looks mean. Totally resembles a D.Bros chop. I’m jealous.

18. chevy53 says:

man just seen this thing on ebay. why are you sellin it?
    good luck on the sell

19. nixs says:

HA THIS IS THE XS VERSION OF DETROIT BROS!!! THATS GREAT MAN. WHEN YOU DO SELL IT YOU’LL BE SAYING TO SOME YOUNG PUNK KID TEN YEARS FROM NOW “MAN I USED TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE..N I BUILT IT….THEN I SOLD IT (SAD FACE)”!!!

20. ken says:

Hey saw this for sale in rockford awhile ago. You live in the area? Im Machesney, building my own xs650. Doing one bratstyle. Would love to have someone to ask questions whose been there and done that. And yeah, your bike is SWEET!

21. El Gaucho says:

Awesome bike. I was looking for years for a Rapido tank in decent condition. Ended up with a little different look going with a CB200 tank, but it’ll at least hold a little more fuel and still have the boxy look. I’m definitely downloading those pics to my “bike inspiration” folder. Nice work!