ACO build off Winner!

xs650-chop-noid-IMG_1092

This is my 81 xs 650… The Goal was to build a chopper on the cheap for The Horse magazines Amature Chop off contest.  My total cost of the bike and build $615.00.  All work was completed by myself, I didn’t farm anything out.  The frame rales made from discarded clothing racks, all the electrical is in the fake oil tank which I made from pipe off of my wood burning stove.  Exhaust pipes are from handicape hand rails (sorry grandma) Rattle can paint job, painted three times (damm gas spill) after the third time on the Long road, we decided to change it up and have all the riders sign their name to the tank.

xs650-chop-noid-IMG_1095

xs650-chop-noid-IMG_1716

xs650-chop-noid-IMG_1849

xs650-chop-noid-IMG_1871
It is a hard tail, I road it the whole way on the Long Road which was from Santa Rosa New Mexico, to Rockingham North Carolina.  At North Carolina I took #1 in the Metric and British.

Comments

1. Tracy says:

Amazing for anyone or any bike to make it on the long road,and even more this year. Congrats for that ride I know it probably was a blast though.

2. REEB! says:

Sounds fun I might have to get on that game next year!

3. tommy guns says:

Ummmm those frame rails sound safe! That seat is to funny

4. Idaho chad says:

well dammit, I had been following the contest in the magazine and you spoiled the finish for me!! oh well, haha. glad an XS won! great job on the sketchy ride and congrats!!

5. sean from boston says:

bike looks great, glad it and you made that ride safe!

6. JonathonD says:

Ya been following the aco aswell great work man!! Congrats and I’m also glad an Xs won!!

7. pauly says:

Just goes to show you we have some whack ass judges we have doing contests….really people? Just because someone had the nerve to buy a hack saw and some spray paint doesn’t mean they always have to be told they did an outstanding job…..can someone say safety engineering…..This has got to be one of the ugliest bikes on this board! Have some style people!

8. peter25 says:

pauly yes it may be ugly to some but I have put over 4000 miles on it with no fear of safety I have been rideing bikes for over 50 years and I have never seen a ugly bike that some one could get on and ride. what is it you push around?

9. harold s. says:

had a chance to ride with this guy on the long road. pretty cool an old guy with a budget built bike and me on my xs pulling a tailer. the judges were fair the only aco bike to ride the hole long road.

10. peter25 says:

harold thank you am i that old. LOL i would like to know if you are going to built a bike for this year .we know you are very very good at it .

11. harold s. says:

well see which way the wind blows have two new bikes to hack up but still on the fence.