CHEAPSTER 650

xs650-chop-noid-august_237
My budget was $800, so got the stock 81′ xs650 special from craigslist for $200 and the rest was spent on new wiring harness, rotor and miscparts.

xs650-chop-noid-august_238

xs650-chop-noid-august_240

xs650-chop-noid-august_241
Paint is spray on truck bed liner and flat black were it could reach.
rebuilt the carbs for the chopped pipes and kickstarts everytime on the first try.

John Hutchison

Comments

1. Ted says:

Hi John, you might want to consider adding a support rail on your top frame rails connecting the rear shock mount to the front loop of the frame.

Check out this xs650 BRAT KITS.

2. sean from boston says:

the bike looks GREAT however for safety reasons i’ll agree with the upper seat rail suggestion.

3. Hambone says:

no I TOTTALY think the seat it self will be enough support… (cough)

4. JOHN says:

Ya I better do something about that for sure, was originally going to go with a stretched swing arm and a single shock but havent got the right equipment yet.

5. I don’t trust the integrity of that frame. You better do it fast before it twist

6. Tommy says:

Ummmm Yeah thats nasty! Such a waste. I really like the spring seat. Why dont you go ahead and make some spring pegs to with it.

7. l chad says:

What idiot took out the top frame tube. Hope its not being ridden like this . Just another reason why some people should NOT be riding. Totaly taken any strength out . The tube that is missing transfers all the shock from the shock absorbers and transfers it into the frame. Now it just threatens to collapse. What an idiot

8. Fabbastard says:

Ya it looks pretty smart enough,but you hit something hard enough and its going to fold in half with you in the middle (better have a knap sack on your back w a big pry bar and a battery powered grinder so you can cut your self out, oh and maybe an extra rear wheel). If you live near me drop by and I’ll zap some pipe in for ya before u get killed!!! If you aren’t dead already!