Something a little different

xs650-chop-noid-IMG_0824_(1024x768)
I bought this bike new in 77 so yeh I’m a geezer. It spent most of it’s life stock until I came across this site. After looking at all the different bikes, I couldn’t leave it stock anymore. Chopped off all the unnecessary crap, rewired the whole thing, added Pamco ignition and upgraded the charging system components.

xs650-chop-noid-IMG_0826_(1024x768)
The tailpiece I made, seat is a garage sale find($5), headlights and fly screen are dominator, Mike’s mini gauges, Tkat fork brace and upgraded to dual discs.

I just got it done but it’s starting to get cold here in WI so won’t get alot of riding this year but can’t wait til next summer.

Comments

1. tadd442 says:

Bike looks good.

Not afraid to build what you want….cool

2. Sean from boston says:

Great looking bike Very diferent but fun looking

3. Puker says:

A bike that can turn corners… refreshing. Nice job.

4. Classic says:

I like the headlight configuration and the tail section is very similar to what I’d like mine to be. Great bike.

5. rob says:

Nice bike dude. I like the style. Am building a cafe but want to go with dual lights in front. Any way you can point me in the right direction. I really like your setup.

6. Jonathond says:

I had my first xs650 before seeing this site too and thought I had such great ideas for it but my path has changed so many times now with so many great builds popping up on here every week. Nice bike, something a little different that looks like a blast to burn around on

7. joe wiseguy says:

nice bike…where can i get the same headlight and cowl at? gotta bike that would be great on. thanks.

8. Grinder says:

Thanks for the kind words. The lights and fly screen are available from flyncycle but I bought my lights from Electro sport because they had 35/35w bulbs which is alot easier on the charging system. I see Electro Sport no longer carrys them though. I had the headlight buckets powder coated gloss black to match the rest of the bike.

The headlight mounting brackets are from Mike’s. Everything bolted right up.