XS Slim-First build 81′ Brat

xs650-chop-noid-MotoGP_133

Been around bikes all my life, this $600 craigslist special was my introduction to bike building. I live close to Garage Company Customs and had seen what those guys were doing with them so I decided on the XS. Those guys helped me out a TON and are a great bunch of guys.

xs650-chop-noid-bike_build_030

I Totally rebuilt the motor and did a rewire with a new Pamco unit. Made the pegs, shifter knob and kicker out of stainless. Broke the wheels down and machined the cast marks out of the front hub, powder coated the wheels and relaced them, the frame also got powder.

xs650-chop-noid-bike_build_002

I just got the stainless exhaust done (also Garage Co) and it sounds SICK, much deeper than the stock head pipes. Still want to get some pin stripping done to break up the House of Kolor Sherwood green paint but I’m pretty happy with it. Already on the look out fr another bike to build.

Comments

1. Sean from boston says:

I like this bike alot though I’d love to see more pictures!! Great job

2. Blacksmithbilly says:

Clean as a pin….yes, more pics are in order

3. bigpup says:

very clean, lets get a side shot so we can see those pipes!

4. XS Slim says:

Thanks for the kind words guys. How do I add pics to my post?

5. Blackwidow says:

You can’t add pics you’ll have to contact ted and he will either make a new topic when the bike is done or maybe he can add more pics. The bike looks real clean I love it.

6. Bones says:

Beautiful looking Bike, Amazing work !!!

7. T says:

Absolutely SICKKK! Great looking bike man.

You have got to put up some more pics! I am very curious as to how you did the seat rails and the seat. I am looking to do something similar this winter.

8. rM says:

Got a flickr account? That would be a good way to show some pictures, just post a link in a comment.

9. Ted says:

@ XS Slim – If you want to update this post with some more current pictures just send them in with this this posts url at the bottom. It would be great to see how it’s coming along.

10. Blake says:

Wow!
    I usually can’t stand the brat style bikes but this one is an exception. Very nice proportions. I agree with everyone about wanting more pictures, especially some side views if you got ’em. Thanks for sharing.
    B

11. XS Slim says:

Really appreciate the kind words guys. More pictures are to come soon, I’m planning a slight make-over for this winter. Paint with more personality, different bars and rear fender are to come soon and I will update pics as I progress. T, somebody offers a “Brat Kit” with the bent seat rails, maybe Visual Impact? Stewy at Garage Co. did mine, they could probably do a drop seat kit for you as well, I’d call them if it were mine.

12. J-Bagz says:

damn that bike is pimp!

13. Tadalafil says:

Tell me how to contact the author of this particle?
    Thanks in advance!

14. XS Slim says:

Thanks again for the complements guys. Ted, my re-do is done and I want to get you some updated pics but I don’t follow you on the URL thing. Tadalafil, if you are referring to me, you can email me @ Bwpg70@att.net.

15. Dennis says:

Slim, you’ve done an excellent job. I’d be very interested in more details of the build, along with more pics, as well. Maybe a vid with audio so we can hear those pipes too!

16. Nate says:

Dennis, this bike is in this months issue of the horse backstreet choppers mag. Bill redid the bike and it turned out real nice. Ted should be posting up the new version soon.

17. XS Slim says:

Hey Ted, I’ve tried twice to send you pics of my re-done XS. I’m not sure if they are too big what. Let me know if I’m doing something wrong. Dennis, more pics are on the way and have been meaning to get a video up on YT, I’ll see what I can do. Thanks for the kind words fellas.