David’s- XS 650 Cafe Racer

xs650-chop-noid-64482a_20

Write about your XS650.:
34mm Mikunis
Uni pod filters
Updated modern spin on disposable oil filter
Aluminum intake runners
Drilled and floating brake rotor and efficient ratio master cylinder
Brand new brake caliper
Braided stainless steel brake line
Sparx charging system
1.5″ exhaust headers with reverse cone mufflers
Boyer Brandson charging system
Tak fork brace
Fiberglass bump stop seat
Benelli Mojave tank.
Aluminum clip ons

Much spent…….if you know these bikes then you know what this is worth. This bike gets attention and many questions wherever I go. I have spent much time building this bike. It has been a labour of love.

xs650-chop-noid-6866glm_20

Engine has been totally rebuilt
new crank bearings,rods,pistons,rings,

xs650-chop-noid-4327g8d_20

rebore,valves,valve guides,race cam,springs,cam chain..etc…..this runs like a new bike and will for quite some time. MUST be SEEN to APPRECIATE.This is a fun bike.
xs650-chop-noid-2383fa5_20
It sounds like a bike should and is very fast for what it is.
David Stein

Comments

1. A.C. says:

New to the site. Received this update on my email subscription and will be late to work cause of my admiration. Great job. Could be outstanding if you let me ride.lol.

2. Hans says:

The Benelli tank makes a beautiful line.

3. Joshua Rasmussen says:

Love the tins and good color. I bet its a hoot to ride.

4. Great cafe. Love the tank and the 16 in the rear. Looks like a blast to bomb.

5. Reeb! says:

I would like to take her for a ride

6. Bert says:

I bet this bike screams!! Lots of performance work done. One of the best I have seen.

7. Gerry says:

You got class. Nice friggen bike!

8. HAPPY DAN says:

LIke the speed holes

9. Doug says:

Is this bike for sale???????!!!!!!! I want it!!!! Sweet!!

10. Dave says:

Hello and thanks for all of the comments…..yes the bike is for sale. I really dont want to sell it but I need money for another bike project. Contact me at [email protected]
    Asking $3000

11. Chuck says:

What kind of machine work has been done to the head?

12. Dave says:

The head was bead blasted, three angle valve job, new valve guides along with new valves. The head was mildly ported having the casting marks cleaned up from the intake and exhaust areas. It was not a radical port job, but the engine pulled noticeably stronger after the work. The full potential of the port work was realized once the 1.5″ headers were fitted. It is a really fun bike. I took it out last week even though it was really cold……….might not want to sell this bike after all!!!

13. cooper4 says:

Much spent

14. JEFF says:

I WOULD REALLY LIKE THIS BIKE. Do you have a phone number you can be reached at

15. Dave says:

Hello, The bike is still currently still for sale. There has been alot of interest in the bike but no one with any money. You can call me @ 905 246-2118 I am located in Ontario Canada and will not ship the bike over seas or the to the USA.

Dave

16. Dean says:

I have been trying to get a hold of you but can’t seem to leave a message. I am located in Kitchener and will drive down tonite to buy the bike. I will give you your asking price of $3500.

Dean

17. Dave says:

Sorry about the typo a couple of posts before. The bike is currently for sale $4000.
    Thanks 905 246-2118

18. nathan says:

did it take a good deal of fab work to get that tank to work?

19. David says:

Very little fab work. But I did learn stuff from trial and error that I will pass along to you and others. These tanks are awesome! They are in great shape if purchased via ebay (the same guy always sells them). Drill a 1/4″ or 5/16″ hole in backbone of frame and weld a the same size nut over the hole (frame tubing is not thick enough to support cutting threads for the bolt that holds tank to frame) I think I used a 3-4″ bolt to attach the tank to the frame. Also thick rubber like that from hose works well to insulate the tank from the frame to deal with vibrations.

Dave