el travieso

xs650-chop-noid-photokjjh

This is the 3rd time i have rebuilt this bike! The first time it had a cb750, second time was a pumped up xs650 that shook like crazy, this time it has a stock xs650 with only 3200 original miles.

xs650-chop-noid-ngf

It has been wrinkle painted, all covers polished or chromed, boyer ignition and wiseguys intake. Frame was built by dave huntress at tigmanwelding, most of the fab work was done by carl.

xs650-chop-noid-nfggrfx

Harley parts include front end,  wheels, brakes, had controls. Thanks to antonio, dennis, carl ad cameron for the help. bike is for sale!

xs650-chop-noid-hgt

Comments

1. El Gaucho says:

What are the specs on the single carb setup? Very cool piece indeed.

2. Barney says:

I just saw this on ebay, nice bike!

3. Kevin Valpey says:

Ray, cant wait to see the work you do on my bike, if its a fraction as good as this bike I know it will be awesome. Thanks for helping me with my first -kevin

4. DADDYGCYCLES says:

Hey this bike is on EBAY for sale Right? You west coast guys get some nice money for your bikes. HAVE TO MOVE MY SHOP HAHA
    GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE
    DADDYG

5. Fabbastard says:

Nice lookin bike Love the colour scheme! Wrinkle painted? I’ve been painting for about 25yrs What the H does that mean? In my humble opinion Wrinkle means free screwed up paint job or do it again, please! Educate me as to how this is good.

6. Scott says:

Fabbastard, I think he’s talking about the paint on the motor.

7. sean from boston says:

This bike looks great!

8. DADDYGCYCLES says:

You didn’t sell it? How much you got invested in this bike?
    GREAT LOOKING BIKE

9. ray says:

TO answer some of the question, the carb is a wiseguys setup, the dude makes some cool stuff. the wrinkle paint is on the motor only. As far as how much i was wanting to sell bike for was $7500, i got more than that into it plus countless hours of blood, sweat and lots of tears, since i had to break the bike down for a few motor swaps, to long of a story. Here is my breakdown of my money invested, 1200 for tigman custom frame (the guy knows his stuff) he has built me about 5 frames, 400 front end, 600 tires and wheels, 700 brakes and stuff, 2000 paint, 800 gas tank, 500 choppershox seat and blacksheep leather, 1000 for donor bike including clean paperwork, then all the misc stuff like chain, chain tensioner, hand controls, 800 in chrome, motor mounts, rear fender, sissy bar, handle bars, electrical box, custom foot conrols, exhaust,lights,elecrical. Anyways, i built this bike to pretty, my next one will have no chrome or paint, just powdercoating.

10. Fabbastard says:

thanks for the additional info Ray!

11. Yamaha xs650 is one of the best bike if you are looking for a cheap chopper build. Here you will get power, fast acceleration, and a custom chopper that is easy to ride and handle well.

12. Steve says:

Ray, this bike is for sale local to me and I am considering buying it. If you could contact me I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to talk with you about it. Thanks so much and I hope to hear from you soon!

13. norm younger says:

Great looking bike

14. mookie says:

it’s a nice bike. well done.
    no reflection on it but.. i just don’t get the carb hanging out the side of a bike concept.
    getting on and off the bike would seem to be an exercise in caution that would get old after the novelty wears out.
    nice choice colors. the orange looks very nice.
    to each their own i suppose.