Elswick Cycles custom xs650 for sale

xs650-chop-noid-IMAG0339-1

Jamie Elswick of Elswick Cycles is selling has XS650.

Jamie- “I wanted to finish it but need the cash to go towards another vehicle as my engine blew up yesterday.

Up for sale is my custom 1980 Yamaha xs650 built by Elswick Cycles. I started on the bike a couple years ago and lost interest due to other projects. If someone local buys the bike we can help you finish it. All incomplete work will be finished when the bike sells. The gas tank will be mounted and any parts on the frame that are tacked will be welded. No other parts will be included..I’ll just finish what is already there.

xs650-chop-noid-IMAG0336

The bike has a complete custom single downtube, continuous backbone dropseat frame. It has a 35 degree rake, 4″ stretch in the rear, 4.5″ ride height with the 16″ rear and 19″ front, neck is 2″ lower than stock and it has a +4″ stretch in the backbone.

xs650-chop-noid-IMAG0335

Backbone and down tube are .250″ wall 1 1/2″ d.o.m., bottom rails and seat tubes are .156″ 1″ d.o.m. so the frame is indestructible. Frame also has a stash tube at the bottom of the down tube that uses one of the caps we use on our oil tanks. Frame alone would sell for $1,250. It has a high mounted wassel tank, shaved xs fork tubes with mikes xs pro dampers and I did a stem conversion on betor triple trees to make them work with the stock style neck.

xs650-chop-noid-IMAG0334-1

Custom exhaust with kick outs. I started the motor up after I got the pipes done and its running lean due to the altitude and wide open exhaust, but it does run once its wired up, I just did some temporary wiring to make sure it would run. It has a pamco ignition so no need for the stock cdi. I have a dual output coil that will go with it. Our custom contained xs mid controls and vertical electric box will work with this as well..future reference for whoever wins this auction..

Very little work needs to be done to finish the bike as I said I just don’t have the time and need the $ to put towards another vehicle. The bike is out of the dmv system and will be sold with bill of sale only.

Comments

Cool Bike. Cool Pipes and seat. Good Luck.

2. The Flying Imp says:

maybe i wasnt lookin hard enough but how much do you want for it and where are you?

3. Jamie says:

The bike is currently listed on ebay for $1,750 starting bid $2,650 for the buy it now. The auction will be ending around 12:00p.m. p.s.t. next Wednesday. I am located in southern California about 100 miles north of L.A. If anyone is interested either text me..my cell # is on the ebay listing or you can just ask a question about the item. I prefer text messages as I am in the shop all day. Thanks for looking guys.

4. sean from boston says:

love the bike its nice, Long and low Great build, Good luck with the sale

5. DADDYGCYCLES says:

Man Nice Start and look . Been watching it on EBAY and going up nice

6. Jamie says:

Hey guys thanks for the good words. I’m getting close to my bottom line on the bike..only $125 away and that will cover all ebay fees and paypal percentages and still leave me with $2,000. Thanks to Ted and Trent of bikermetric.com I’ve been getting all kinds of views..I appreciate it guys. Get your final bids in last minute. Auction ends in 3 hours and 20 minutes! Thanks for the support guys.

7. Jamie says:

Bike sold for $2,225..$25 less than what I wanted but still a good price. The nice thing is that it sold to a guy in Inglewood. About 90 miles from our shop and he wants me to finish it for him for an extra couple grand! So there will be more pics of the bike in the near future finished up. Thanks guys.

8. DADDYGCYCLES says:

DOUBLE SCORE!!!!!!
    Is it a hassle to get the bike threw DMV like it is here on the East coast
    It use to be so easy and last year i sat on 11 frames that i couldn’t get threw now i think everything has gotten worked out with the title company’s with the new rules But the price of course went up. I spent more money in lawyer fees last year to get my money back from DMV (they are like the irs) and now in NJ there is no longer inspection on bikes and the old paper work is no good and just a hassle to deal with because it says you have to have the bike INSPECTED and there is no more inspectiond at DMV…….You want to pull your hair out MAYBE that’s why i am BALD HAHA
    LATER DADDYG

@ Jamie, congrats and the DUDE GOT A STEAL !!!!

10. Jamie says:

The state of California is one of the worse states to register a custom bike. There are other states like Florida and New York that have some pretty retarded laws as well. Basically we try to get bikes that are out of the dmv system and a previously registered California bike. It makes everything way easier that way. They actually ask what year the bike is when you go to get it transfered into your name, pre ’72 you don’t need turn signals and since you aren’t bringing it in from another state you don’t need a light inspection either if you should happen to register it as a post ’72 motorcycle. So with us here in California the best way is to get a “ghost bike.” When we build our own custom frames that are sold to the public we sell them with an mso only. Every now and then someone will send their stock neck with the vin to have us build a frame off of. As long as the motor # and frame # match you don’t have too much to worry about. Just a vin verification at the dmv and usually the workers are too lazy to crawl into the back of your truck so you end up reading the #’s off to them anyways. There are ways around it, if you should happen to have to build a bike with a custom frame that has the mso (manufacturers statement of origin) then you get screwed here in the wonderful state of Ca. because you have to register it as a “special construction vehicle” which you are only allowed one of in your lifetime here. So if you live and run a motorcycle business here in California you have to learn all the ways around the dmv laws.

11. DADDYGCYCLES says:

Yeah i deal with PA NJ and NY all the time and i also deal with ITS They get the title for you but it just became a pain in the ass because you have to do the VIN Certify and now they charge $210.00 and Broadway charges $350.00 and they won’t do NJ.I was just at the big DMV to try and get the law changed because DMV in NJ can give you a title for a bike that is not in system BUT you had to have it inspected first. NOW HERES THE KICKER NJ JUST did away with motorcycle inspection . So now the law has to be changed to get titles and all of them that i talked to were DUMB FOUNDED could not give me a answer. GOOD OLD NJ. Last year i sat on 11 frames $210.00 each and took 6 months to get one.Almost put me out of business. Now they got there act together
    JAMIE STILL DO GOOSENECKS I got a customer who wants one and we don’t do them and i seen one of yours looks good. Let me know EMAIL Me at [email protected]
    Thanks