Fong Style with Buell Inlay

xs650-chop-noid-side_view

Try to use some imagination if you will, I’ve been working on this bike for some time now. I’ll try to post pics with the motor, exhaust and other peripherals soon, just too much to do and so little time to do it.

xs650-chop-noid-DSCN0726

This bike is following some basic design features from the Fong Bros. (aka “Fong Style”) but has been pretty challenging for an armature builder, which I am. Hope ya like it. More to come!

Bolo

Comments

1. HAPPY DAN says:

Lookin cool,you will love those brakes

2. DADDYGCYCLES says:

Nice Man
    Keep the pictures coming i like out of the box builds
    Happy new Year

3. Ted says:

Did you have to do anything to get the Buell front end to fit or did it bolt right up?

badazz!

5. Bolo says:

Thanks guys, I wish I could add pictures to the same post so y’all could see the progress. I would plug my blog here but I don’t want to offend…unless that’s cool with you guys.

In regards to the Buell front end, yes I had to get creative. I bought two sets of new neck bearings from Mike’s XS, using the two lager diameter bearings and making a slip collar for both (the lower has a step for the taller neck of the Buell) I fitted them to the Buell and slipped right into the XS frame neck.

Easy in concept, difficult to articulate.

6. Joshua Rasmussen says:

SLove to see all work,send me all the pics you can!!!!
    Kick ass

7. Zombie says:

This is the exact idea i have been messing with in my head and on paper. I cannot wait to see how it turns out!

8. sean from boston says:

i like it

9. Bolo says:

So, I have some updates and new pictures…should I just make a new post and send the pics in? Or is there a way to update this thread?

Thanks

10. DADDYGCYCLES says:

Hey Man Great idea i really like it and i am doing a GSXR to XS 650 the same way or close. Would love to see some more pictures. Are you going 180 or pushing it to 200 tire. I am going to try and use the 200 kit for the XS 650 that is sold and see if i can fit it all in. I am making frame go from 4″ to 8″ stretch and i can’t wait to see your build because you always come up with cool builds . I have built a couple Mutant Buells before and alway liked the buell wheels and parts.If you can’t post any more pictures if you can email them to me [email protected]. I always wanted to do one like this now i can just sit back and watch.
    Happy New Year
    DADDYG

11. Bolo says:

Thanks man, I posted an update (Don’t know if it’ll make the site) and if you want more info go to my blog pb.deployedfromdetroit. If you would like I’ll just send some pictures of some of the “trouble” areas I’ve come across while building it. I’m glad to see such positive response to this post while the bike is in such an early stage. Thanks all