Candy Tangerine Minnestoa Style

xs650-chop-noid-IMG00018

I picked up a 79 xs650 from a buddy of mines father, had been in his barn since the late 80’s…less than 4000 miles on it.

• XS650 original frame/motor
  • Tc Bros Hardtail
  • Bars are 1″ with Harley Throttle/Master cylinder/Clutch Perch/Speedo
  • Most of the custom parts are hand made…
  • Foward Contorls
  • Custom rear fender
  • Got rid of the ugly brake linkage and went with a cable rear
  • Hand made seat pan- Professionally covered in ostrich leather
  • Oil tank- hand made by Tessin Customs
  • Paint- PPG Candy Tangerine by Miller Auto

Special Thanks
Donnie and the gang at Donnie Smith Custom Cycle
Neil Ryan of American Thunder

Comments

1. Sean from boston says:

Nice I like the color! Good build

2. El Gaucho says:

What, Ted, no joke? I like the bike. Would have been nice to have a few more pics and a good description though.

3. Barney says:

Finally, someone from my neck of the woods. I saw this bike on TC Bros. facebook page. I was thinking about using a rear brake cable rather than the stock linkage but I think for now I’m going to stick with the stock linkage. How did you hook up the rear brake switch to the cable?

4. yeah some details on how to setup the rear break with a cable would be a great tech tips write-up. hint hint.

5. Fabbastard says:

Very clean build(but you know that already)! Love the colour scheme too. One question though (Please excuss my ignorance) how does that rear fenders length do in the rain as far as getting a rooster tail of water in the back? I can do cold and hot but wet! NOT!!!

Dam near PERFECT !!! wtg…do you ever see PRINCE riding ? : )>

7. patrix says:

REALLY NICE WORK…..great choice on the blacked out rims!!

8. Capt_Zoom says:

Cool. Maybe I’ll see you at first Thursdays at Delanos sometime.

9. Travis Huber says:

Thanks for all the comments guys! I got to talking with Donnie smith about the rear brake situation during my build. He said that a cable would look a lot more sleek than the traditional linkage. If i were to do it again i would have gone with a disk in the rear. If i remember right i just cut up an old harley clutch cable and modded it to fit…As for the brake switch, i have it wired only to the front brake..The harley front MC i bought from American Thunder has a build in brake switch..It works, but im planning on adding another switch to the rear brake as well.

10. b says:

this is a nice bike clean lines color and it could pass 4 a real tri,lol sorry it is a great bike