Skriblz-The first timer

xs650-chop-noid-Untitled_0_00_42-24

Fully re-built 72 motor with 70 miles on it, 100% powder coated, foot clutch with a jockey shifter, hardtailed 79 frame.

xs650-chop-noid-Untitled_0_00_10-44

xs650-chop-noid-Untitled_0_00_00-01

xs650-chop-noid-Untitled_0_00_23-53

Comments

1. shawn says:

looks good!

2. glyn says:

Very Nice!!!!!

Love everything but the risers. GREAT JOB on your first build.

4. Skriblz says:

The pics do make the risers look goofy but they fit nice. Eventually I will get the shorter risers and the biltwell keystones. Next I want to paint it thats my main goal.

5. Barney says:

Nice bike. Most bikes that say they are all powder coated look a little monochromatic which is what I’m worried about since mine will be 100% powdercoated. It’s making me think i should use paint but your example with the red rims, white walls, leather seat, really breaks up a monochromatic theme. I don’t know what paint you plan on using but it looks really good just the way it is.

6. Skriblz says:

I like the flat black with the red rims too but it is trendy now. so I wanna do something different I think I wanna do metalflake black with some black cherry lace I think. I think powder coating can look good if you do it right and use the right colors too. So its an option I think you should look into it.

Black, chartreuse and candy apple green….Pastel colors are way underrated too. Black and White checkerboard would be awesum !!!!! Very hard to do that one though.

8. sean from boston says:

The bike looks great and your plans for paint sound even better It will break up the black a bit better, You could always just paint the tank?

good job on the build

9. Skriblz says:

props to ryan orr for the build

10. Paul says:

How do you like the jockey shifter? I’m looking at putting one on mine but with the hand clutch on the lever.

11. Barney says:

How did you hook up that foot clutch?

12. mark says:

bike looks good like the black with red rims may need’s some pin-stripping

13. Dave says:

Saw this bike locally at a shop and at the Hippy Killer event. Very clean! Can’t wait to get things going with my XS650.

I really love it the way it IS !!!

15. Bryce says:

I like the set up! I using similar rise bars and im thinking of doing the same type of risers if its not tall enough. What risers are those and how tall are you?

16. Skriblz says:

Dave the shop you saw it at had to be Mr. Eds he builds and races flat track bikes. One of his bikes is a xs 650 so he know those bikes very well and would highly recommend taking your bike there for anything you need done. I had him go through the whole bike and make sure everything was tight and good to go for Hippy Killer. If you are in hemet or san jacinto hit me up im always down to work on bikes. Or even ride

oversprayproductions39@yahoo.com

Bryce the risers are from biltwell and I am only 5’7

Barney and Paul the jockey shift just gives you a whole different riding experiance. this is my first bike and i cant remember the last time a rode a bike with a hand clutch. It was custom built you would need to find someone who knows about trannys and does fab work

17. darryl says:

sweet ride love the ole school look

18. Ole bastard says:

l”I think it would look even better with real knobby tires on it.”

19. norm younger says:

Very nice.I like the pipes.