Lil Bad A!! XS650 Bobber

noid-Web_1

Took almost a year to complete working on it on and off but for the most part it is done !!!  Some features: G&L 4″ Stretch weld on hard tail and forwards. Stock rake “But that may change in the winter?” 21″ Front.

noid-Web_2

180-16″ rear, Gary Poh offset kit,  12″ apes, Harley controls and brakes, 2 under DNA Springer, TC Bros battery box welded and filled at the seams, Made the oil tank from 6″ steel tube with a channel for the chain to run through, Monster craftsman chain tensioner, Run of the mill 2:1 speedo and frt wheel drive.

noid-Web_3

Custom little brackets and do-dads here and there.  Motor is stock, Just replaced some seals and gaskets for the most part. Lot of fun to cruise around on !!!!

2011/05/xs650-chopper-bobber-first-ride

Tony H.

Comments

1. Sean from boston says:

Beautiful clean love the rims! And the breaks it must stop good ?

2. Guy says:

Thanx for posting Tony, we can get a real good look at her now. This is one VERY tuff looking bike. Nice one mate.

3. Fabbastard says:

I’d say its pretty bad ass too!!! A year well spent.

i love it. : )>

i don’t know if i like the yammy cover-up though, LOL.

6. Barney says:

Great bike. rear tire is awesome.

7. brian kent says:

i love this its perfect just wish we had the roads in ireland for a hardtail,

8. Tony says:

Thanks for the nice comments guys !

9. Tony says:

Fanoboss, It’s not a cover up…. I freakin took it off with a belt sander. I want the uneducated to wonder what it is ! lol

LOL NIZE !!

11. Fabbastard says:

@ Fanoboss

So…..
    does that mean when I’m finished my bike even though I’m in Canada its still AMERICAN somehow? Is there some kinda AMERICAN “work mouse” inside holding a bunch of string attatched to things keeping all it together? Because if there is that would really explain the squeek, when ya sit on it. I suppose I get it (?), but what I’m really having trouble with is the time it would take to grind the badge out and then polish it. Seems odd, kinda like going to the trouble of making your 500hp Beatle look like a vette…. with 500hp why, I’d paint the damn thing up like ‘Herbbie”
    Who really cares what the sticker says as long as it doesn’t say ” IMPOUNED ” right? ROFLMAO!!!!! ( sorry I just couldn’t resist and no my bike is not done yet i’m kinda busy typing among other things)

12. Guy says:

I HEAR YA TONY, I’VE HAD MY FUN DOING THAT WITH “SO CALLED” EDUCATED MOTORCYCLE CONNOISSEURS MISTAKING MINE FOR A BRIT VARIETY PARALLEL TWIN!!!

@ Fabbastard…bro, you know what I MEAN ! LOL. That Herbie themed bike is a cool idea. I’m just way to into business black for mine. If I had to choose between 500hp Vette and Herbie….HERBIE by a freekin’ mile. As far as the badge removal goes, and also not drinkin’ this AM, I agree with Tony. I think it looks gggrrrr8 !!! I don’t like to advertise anyone other than Fender Guitars. Tony is a cool guitar player also. Dang, something else he’s great at. LOL tc all

14. Tony says:

Funny ! I sold one of my Marshall heads Sunday. Guy walks into my garage to pick it up and looks at my scoot and says “is that a Triumph ?” I thought….. Mission accomplished… lol I’m not trying to hide anything, If they ask I’ll proudly tell them it’s a xs650 “I Built”. I have had motorcycles most of my life. I’ve had Harley’s since 1998 until i sold my Fatboy last year. Not Knocking them at all they are great bikes!!
    But they are everywhere. After I started looking around at all the possibility’s with these little 650’s and not having to invest 20 grand into one…. I started looking for one, Brought it home and my sawsaw started salivating. Cut, grind, weld… Stand back, Look…Think!! and here is what i ended up with. It’s for me to ride and get a little wind!! Simply that and nothing more. Ive met and corresponded with several nice people on here and elsewhere since i started this project. The 650 thing is a cool community and i get a grin every-time I see a new one pop up online.

Marshall !!!! Marshall Crenshaw???? LMBO !! Harley-Davidson motorcycles are one of the few products we still make here, I think, they’re Great Bikes. xs650chopper.com is the best forum that I am a member of, I thank God they haven’t booted me out yet. I got a very cool xs650 and it has been a perfect canvas for me experiment with. I went to a car show and actually won a wall plaque! The great community here helped me do that. I’m very thankful to be part of xs650chopper.com. Also Tony, I have so many geetars and amps I can’t even keep up with, LOL, that’s whole different sickness !!!!

16. Tony says:

Very Cool Fanoboss! Look forward to seeing it. I plan on taking my bike to a local bike show here Saturday and entering it. Peace !!!!

This is the bike I bought :https://www.xs650chopper.com/2010/05/old-crow-on-the-rocks/ , Bodhi did a great job and I share bike updates with him. I have to take some photos that will hopefully show up here someday. take care bro’ .

18. Tony says:

Sweet man !!! Looks like fun on wheels brother !!! Thanks for sharing!

19. Julian says:

LOVE the bike! Besides that offset kit, did you have to modify anything to get the 180 rear to fit?

20. Tony says:

Thanks Julian. Everything you need comes with the kit. Offset sprocket, clutch push rod, side case spacer and longer bolts.

21. Migustigus says:

Perfect stance, perfect build.

Nuff said.

22. mike lytle says:

man, iv’e heard of “in the weeds”, but this thing is in the “roots ” cornering must be challenging? to say the least. it it a very cool looking bike , just wondering how many sparks fly when you pull a 180??? nice bike thanks for sharing.

23. Jeff says:

HI Tony, awesome looking bike you built there. I am thinking about building one like yours that is what style bike I like. A few questions, do you still have the stock rake and would a 35 degree be a better ride or not, also to get the springer front end to work was there any modifications a (garage, non-bike builder) would have problems with? Also what year did th emotor, or bike start out as? do their hardtail kits fit all years of the XS650s?

Thanks

24. Tony says:

Thanks Jeff,

The bike is stock rake. If i remember right you half to machine some material of the the retaining nut on the top of the triple tree when assembling the springer. Not really a big deal. and change the bearings. I think TC Bros has a kit with it all included ? The bike is a 1981 …. I sold it a couple of years ago.