Custom trikes are choppers, too.

xs650-chop-noid-trike_rough_up_003

My 78 XS650 trike project. I started it only a couple months ago and it is always evolving. I coulda got a cleaner look with a hardtail, tho. It gets dual headlights yet. About 75% done.xs650-chop-noid-trike_rough_up_2_005
Warren Hymes

Comments

1. fish says:

your gettin there keep us posted with more pics

2. Barney says:

Yes, custom trikes can be choppers. Yet, i cringe everytime someone puts a tractor seat on a motorcycle. A little too much aspect ratio difference.

3. Piute says:

Trikes bring back the true meaning of a chopper,putting / chopping all those peaces together dual lights will be nice ,very usefull too…..Piute

ummmm…..

5. tadd442 says:

more pics!

6. Fabbastard says:

when in doubt use a tractor seat (it is a little big) lol. Deffinatly keep us posted!!! What kind of rear are you using? Some of the coolest choppers are/were trikes, Ive got a sabre750 shaft drive I’m thinkin of chopping!

7. ED DAY says:

KOOOL……I like it …what is the rearend off from ?…more pics please…ED

8. scott says:

ok what type of gearbox is used to change the direction of the drive output….the rear diff looks like the kia , suzuki,toyo diff assy…thats all well and good . not a big selection of rations but… hoe did you change the direction of the drive…

9. sean from boston says:

now this is cool! very cool I really like what your doing with it, keep up the good work can’t wait to see it done

10. JCS says:

Man that is sick! I just purchased a XS650 and would love to turn it into a trike. I work off shore so time is not in my favor. Is there a place I could send my bike to have the work done? But not cost a arm and leg at the same time

11. warren says:

This was in an early mockup stage. The seat was not used. All gearing was done via jackshaft to a Toyota rear, converted to chain drive. 13 inch wheels hide under full wheel covers now. Front is stretched 4 inches, a change to girder is planned.

12. warren says:

The only current picture. Still in progress.

[IMG]http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL683/2961393/5987839/407442701.jpg[/IMG]