Bratstyle Downunder update.

xs650-chop-096

I posted pics of this bike over 2 years ago when it was almost finished. Here are some updated pics. It’s an XS1 frame with the all the tabs removed and seat area lowered about 2 inches. The rear shocks are 10 inch slimline heavy duty Hagon shocks. The frame was powdercoated then sprayed in a couple of coats of clear to retain the shine of the silver powdercoat.

xs650-chop-085

xs650-chop-084

The front end is off an SR400 with the front drum laced with stainless spokes to a 21 inch alloy trail bike rim. The rear is a 16 inch alloy with vintage tyres.

xs650-chop-088

The chrome dog bone risers were polished to reveal the brass. It also has a brass kicker pedal and brass exhaust tips. The alloy faux oil tank under the seat holds the battery and ignition.

xs650-chop-092

This is my everyday ride and it’s a blast!!!

Comments

1. Sean from boston says:

Sweet looking xs bro! Looks really nice and like a blast to ride

2. Barney says:

I like the silver frame. Not many people doing that. I think you made the right choice by ditching that white seat.

3. aldo says:

trés jolie bécane.c est quoi comme batterie???qui tien si peu de place.

4. Piute says:

HUH,what he wrote…clear over silver,thanks for the reminder,I bet you ride it everyday, should bike like that like a sweat woman needs to be shown off.

I dig it. Looks way fun to ride. Rode mine to daughter’s elementary school award program, parked it on the sidewalk and the kids loved it. I’d bet most of the bikes, and like your bike, would get a similar result. These bikes invoke conversation. Had a fourth grader tell me “its cool !”, I beamed.

6. boots says:

love the silver frame — until i read the description i thought you’d had it chromed! kept the stock pegs and shifter, too… nice. backend look nice and clean. sharp lookin’ number!

7. Guy says:

VERY COOL, WHERE IN OZ R U?…LOVE THE SILVER FRAME, WANNA DO THAT MY SELF, KEEPING IN WITH THE METAL LOOK THAT I LOVE. GOOD TO SEE YOU KEPT THE REAR SHOCKS (THE ROADS IN THE STATES MUST BE ALOT BETTER THAN OURS,HUH!)

8. DJ bjp says:

SOOooo… im looking to do a bobber or bratsyle build on a budget and i found a 1982 yamaha 650 on craigslist but the guy dsnt know if its a Maxim or a XS. does it matter?? whats the difference?

9. boots says:

xs is a chain bike while xj is shaft driven, DJ bjp.

10. fish says:

the roads here in the states are not that good

11. Trueblood says:

I reckon this is Best looking XS 650 bobber ever seen on this site!!! This is what I call a piece of art. She’s so Sexy looking bike. Bet ya it turns on all the riders:)

12. benine1 says:

first off i must say f-ing sweet bike!! so do you think that with this setup you could carry a passenger? if the fender was braced? this is like what i want to do but i was wondering if it was possible thanks!

13. norm younger says:

Awesome finish on the frame.

14. chris says:

Hey Ted, Awesome bike mate, 100% killer. I’m from NSW how do you go road registering jobs like this? I’m assuming by your build quality you have a fair bit of experience. I’ve got a 1971-5 Sl125s hear rear end has been chopped and a hard-tail installed, I wanna rego it but I am getting a lot of conflicting information.

15. The Bigleebowski says:

Diggin the raw frame look. What is the tank you used on this bad boy?