The Scratch To My Itch

xs650-chop-noid-Pic4

Trent- My bike started life as a 79′ special.  Pulled it out of a junk yard here in phoenix AZ looking like a pile of S*#t.  Stock front end, headlight I got for free at a local swap meet, drag bars, Custom Chrome sporty tank, Larosa Alligator solo seat with 2″ scissor springs, custom made battery bock the electrical/ fake oil tank is actually heat ducting with two caps on each end.

xs650-chop-noid-Pic5

A++++ to G&L choppers for making in my opinion the best hardtail you can buy, costs just a little more but is very worth it in quality and finish.  Stock exhaust cut off what some would say waaaay to short.  Still running the stock points an dual coil setup (bastards to get set just right)  plan on upgrading to Pamco’s electric ignition when I get an extra $100, already have the dual output coil.  Tailight sits on custom fabbed bracket that holds the plate as well got the tailight from a swap meet for $10 brand new in the box.  Stock front and rear brakes with swap meet reseviors.

xs650-chop-noid-Pic6

Used eye bolts screwed into the frame to run the brake line along the frame.  Brand new Shinko tires (about $90 for both including shipping).  Pegs if you haven’t guessed are Walmart specials for a bmx bike.  All in all I like the way it looks, still trying to find a rear fender that will fit the contour of the tire without spending $150 on a new stamped one.

xs650-chop-noid-Pic1

Paint is out of a rattle can.  I ain’t no painter and I didn’t want a perfect paint job anyway.  All totalled I probably got about $1500 – $2000 in her.  Couldn’t be happier with the way it turned out.

Hope you all like it, I got most of my inspiration from this site and others like it.

I love the look of all your bikes from stock to cafe to bobbers.  Keep it between the ditches!

Comments

1. Sean from boston says:

This one came out good! Looks like a blast to ride

2. UnholyAres says:

How loud is it with that short of pipes lol and what size tread di you do with

3. Barney says:

Nice price for a bike like that. The heat duct would be a lot lighter than steel pipe. Is the oil tank structurally solid through the bumps?

I love it…business black, my favorite color.

5. Piute says:

Any color you wont so long as it’s Black”model T Ford”@fanoboss,Pipes never to short solong as you can tune it .? Right…..

dats rite Piute , HAGD BRO !

7. jester says:

Looks kick ass! I like it a lot. I live in phoenix and have an 81 that is a work in progress. It would be cool to see this in person. We should go for a ride. [email protected]

8. Guy says:

LOOKS GOOD MATE…INTERESTING TO SEE PEOPLES DIFFERENT IDEAS ON COVERING UP THE “YAMAHA” ON THE ENGINE SIDE COVERS.

9. Trent says:

Thanks for the comments, the pipes work so so, they are loud as hell, does cause tuning difficulties I will probably end up adding a few inches to them, I am going to try making a diffuser/baffle first. The electic box is rigid enough to hold up (so far) I have it mounted right on the seam so washers pinch it together. As far as covering the Yamaha on the side, still working on getting that right. Not ashamed of what it is but I like people having to ask.

10. Steve says:

Trent:

This bike, in my opinion, is one of the best looking (old school), down and dirty bikes out there. If I build one, I will say, that you will have a duplicate in Ohio!!

If you ever think about selling it, Looks like I will be taking road trip out west!!

Again, great looking bike