xs650 rescue x2 (looking for stock parts)

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I pulled up to a near by scrap yard to see if they had any interesting motorcycles , A guy had just pulled in to the yard with a trailer with two 650`s on it , one was a 1981 special and the other a 72 bobber , we made a deal and he even delivered them to my house for me . The 81 had a froze back wheel and rusty chain.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

It didnt roll but the motor wasnt stuck , the 72 bobber was done back in the 70`s , pretty funky , motor not stuck . Sold the bobber on craigs list . The 81 ran great after cleaning the syrup out of the carbs . it sat for 17 years some of that outside . I`m looking for good used special parts to fix this one up some , looking for insterments , headlight ears chrome , chain guard chrome , special II wheels , e-mail me if you can spare the parts.

mark anthony

Comments

1. Josh says:

I have all of those parts that were taken off a 1981 special, and they are all in pristine condition.

2. sean from boston says:

you sir got a good deal and i’m jealous! I wish i had parts to help you out!

3. Guy says:

I’M A SICK F@#K…I WOULD’A SOLD THE OTHER ONE…LOVE A CHALLENGE ( PLUS IT REMINDED ME OF MINE WHEN I FIRST GOT IT!!! )

4. Guy says:

IS ANYONE FEELING ME…IT’S GOT A PAST, YOU CAN ALMOST SEE GHOSTS RISING OFF IT…DAMN, I WANT IT!!!

5. patrick says:

Shoot me an email.. im picking up a very nice stock 78 xs this weekend .. ill be stripping it down.. pattmanscoop@yahoo.com

6. Russ says:

I keep hearing stories of being at the right place at the right time. I hope I get a turn.

7. terry cullen says:

friend has 81 xs speacial all parts exellent cond can email terry_cullen@msn.com

8. Uncle Bear says:

Dude, you could’ve been fixi’n up the Old ’72 Chop, ’81 Specials are plentiful. :=(

9. Piute says:

How’s this story go “You pull’ed it to heavens junkyard and ……..”Good luck with the part your in the right place.

10. JesC says:

wow yeah i would of been building that 72 bobber… I do have some stock 79 special parts, chrome headlight ears! where are you located?

11. Tony butler says:

I’ve got an XS tank, seat and some other parts for sale cheap. Tank is fairly straight but needs paint. Seat needs a cover. $100.00 and shipping for the lot. Have pictures.

12. mark anthony says:

sorry for the delay in answering , I didnt know it was up yet , please e=mail me at yds3ma@aol.com if you have any 81-83 left side cover plastic , or a good set of special ll spoke wheels . I live in NC. the 72 bobber was cool but in need of alot , I am already building a bobber so I didnt need two . the 81 is a good rider , thanks everyone for your responces

13. Buck says:

I have all the stock parts that you are looking for in almost near mint condition was going to scrap them but if u are willing to give up a few bucks and take care of shipping ill be more then glad to help ya out there of a 81, tank headlight ears, tach and speedo with the lights for oil newtral exct and ignition and key, chain gaurd has some rust on the under side but they all do, email me with any questions Buckoconnor@gmail.com