Arnold Inc.

xs650-chop-noid-xs650chopper_004

I found this site and I had to build bobber of my own. I’ve been working on this bike for about two months now. I paid $550 on Craigslist. I went Bratstyle because the roads here is CT are not that good and I plan to ride a lot.

xs650-chop-noid-xs650chopper_003

I went with the Visual Impact Brat Kit with Rebel 250 shocks. I lowered the Front 3 inches with Hughs spacers.

xs650-chop-noid-xs650chopper_002

Sporty tank, Slimline solo seat with Rockshox mountain bike shock for added comfort. Bitwell Keystone bars.

Rayden

Comments

1. Guy says:

YEE-HA, LIKING THE WAY THIS IS HEADED. DON’T FORGET TO SEND AN UPDATE FURTHER DOWN THE TRACK MATE.

2. Barney says:

Nice, i like it! Visual Impact makes a nice soft tail. I like what you did with the seat. To give the look of a hard tail, I’ve toyed around with the idea of blackening out the rear shocks so they don’t draw so much attention. Never seen it done though.

3. Your Dad says:

This is going to be a good looking bike. To bad its bouncy. Why not just hardtail it if your going to run a shocked seat? I just dont get people these days.

4. Old bastard says:

I think it’s your scoot ,do what you like.

5. greg says:

yeah, see, I like the look,going for it myself.

6. norm younger says:

NICE JOB ON THE BRAT CONVERSION LOOKS CLEAN.

7. Piute says:

You’ve got great Idea’s and work ,This also the way I will go, as far as frame setup,hiding the rear springs could work in your favor ,if wonting more paint surface,(peace of fiber-glass,molded to your likening easy)I dig paint of course I/family paint,F.B.Magic on Metal

8. Dennis says:

Looking good. what did you think of the Brat kit? how much adjustment did you make to the components?

9. tadd442 says:

looks as if the seat will slam into the frame rails……just sayin

10. Arnold Inc. says:

Thanks fellas for the comments. To answer some questions, the plan is most of the bike will be powder coated a matte black except the tank. The rear shocks will be black as well, apparently powder coat is pretty flexible. As far as the shock on the seat; no, it doesn’t bottom out on the frame and as far as I can tell there’s no rulebook on how to build these things. Honestly the shock looks cleaner than any sort of mount I could have come up with for the seat and I wanted to incorporate some modern components into the bike. The brat kit was awesome, hardest part was setting my ride height, other than that it was straight forward.

11. nate thompson says:

That’s the making of a nice bobber. I like the frame. looks like nice work.

12. Visimpact says:

Looks good so far. Watch that ground clearance. Keep the exhaust and kickstand up as tight to the frame as u can or u won’t be doin much turning with it.

Looks like a fun ride. Please, let us know how the seat works out for you. I would like to put that on my hardtail. I am kinda with Your Dad on the shocks+seat shock are overkill, it’s only an opinion and the way you pulled it off looks really clean.

14. Guy says:

JEEZUZ YOUR DAD, CHILLAX…

15. fish says:

i like where your headin withthe bike post more pics

16. Capt_Zoom says:

Nice. Interested in seeing how the seat shock works out.

17. bob slob says:

Good deal!

18. hooversama says:

gotta love the shocks cops

19. Rob says:

Looks awesome, I see the posts are getting a bit dated, hope your still working on it, would like to see where your at now.