1975 Psychotheropy(Little Piggy)

xs650-chop-noid-2011-08-02_00-28-18_188

I’m adding a couple of pics. Some before and after pictures. Things have been put on hold for a couple of months. I just bought a house so the bank account is a little tight right now. I’m still trying to decide if I want a rear fender or not, suggestions? I’m already planning out my next xs. With the new house came an awesome shop with lots of rooms for bikes and parts. I wasn’t wanting it to take this long but it looks like it will be finished up late this fall.

xs650-chop-noid-2011-08-02_00-38-36_484

Starter or no starter, fender or no fender. I need to step back and make some decisions. I’m reworking the front brakes at the moment.

xs650-chop-noid-2011-08-02_00-37-25_380

Trying to find a second front caliper and disc. I’m trying to get settled in my new workspace. I see a brick wall in my near future. Where do I go from here?

xs650-chop-noid-2011-04-15_18-41-47_556

Thanks for all of your intrests and inspiration on my bike.

John Simmons

Comments

I say, use a starter and a rear fender. You always have the option to kick it if you have a starter. Starters also add value to your bike. Take you time with picking out a rear fender, make sure it flows with your build. Get a fender that won’t throw rocks at your back or the riders behind you. I love the bars and front signals. Black is a good color…LOL. It’s looking great so far.

2. ewan says:

Looks great! What shocks are you using? Is the rear chop a brat-kit or home made?

3. Barney says:

Is xs650chopper doing reruns? It’s like i’ve seen all these bikes before…

they do updates and re-posts. I think…

5. John Simmons says:

I had people wanting an update. That’s why I’m posting. Not much visibly has changed .The internals, ie carbs and clutch have been rebuilt . The shocks came from a 80’s v45 honda Magna and the brat rearend was home built using the original frame tubing. I guess you have talked me into a starter and battery then. I want to thank all of you for your intrests and questions. I think it was enough to get my but back out to the shop tonight when I get home from work.

6. norm younger says:

Cool bike.but what about the space under the seat?

7. John Simmons says:

The space under the seat will be a faux oil tank to hide my electronics and battery.

8. mick says:

My vote is to get rid of that Harley logo. IT’S just not cool on your bike, no need to be a “want a be” rock ur YAMAHOG with pride.

9. John Simmons says:

Thanks Mick. I actually a piece of duct tape over the HD because I got tired of people asking if it was a harley. I have an idea on a paint scheme, just got to get it drawn out.

I did the tape trick on a guitar of mine, black electrical tape has been on it for 4 years and everyone asks what it is. Should work great on your bike for now…

11. John Simmons says:

I should have left the on for the pics.

12. El Gaucho says:

I always thought bikes with no rear fender looked unfinished. No front fender is cool though. Not sure why I think that way, but you asked!

13. John Simmons says:

Thanks for the comment. I’m looking for a decently priced ribbed fender. Barber Vintage Fest in a month and a half, maybe I can pick one up there.