Full Leather

xs650-chop-noid-Full_Leather.

This old 1979 was first posted on this site as old faithful, it had a beautifull paint job that unfortunatly got damaged, so I decided to go full leather… The side covers & tank are now coverd in black leather with a brown leather trim to hide the seems, I live in the country and wanted to give my bike a western look, I also made a 30/30 holster for my iron horse that really carries my tools when I go in the city, I wanted to give the bike a new look while keeping the bike as original as possible.

xs650-chop-noid-Full_Leather._(3)

The bike get’s plenty of attention for obvious reasons, a few cops saw me ride by with my 30/30 holster and amazingly never stopped me, I guess it’s only a matter of time ? All the leather work was done by myself, including the seat. The motor was rebuilt and a new Boyer Bransden ignition system will soon be installed, amazingly this bike still runs as good as it did when I first got it 32 years ago.

p.s. I never saw a full leather tank before, have any of you ?

Keep safe and keep Riding… Bones

Comments

Love getting ideas from this site. Coolness

2. Barney says:

I was going to ask if you ever got stopped lol. It looks like you succeded in your build. I’ve seen all leather done once or twice, it is pretty rare. Very unique!

3. Your daddy says:

Its rare because its not cool. Leather is so outdated and lame. I don’t understand what you were successful at, all it looks like was done here is a seat and leather on a gas tank. Wow I guess.

4. reynoldburton says:

At least you could shoot at anyone who is laughing 😉

Sorry – wasn´t meant personal at all, just couln´t help myself

5. Iamsofaking says:

I think it’s cool. Definitely different.

6. Piute says:

You’ve keep that up nice,sure there’s more invold then putting leather on to keep in great shape for every-day use,

7. Fabbastard says:

I just had to refresh my memory as to what this looked like before. Now that I have (for whatever its worth) I’d have to say this looks better than the old paint job (IMHO)

8. Guy says:

WAS IT YOU THATS BEEN SHOOTING AT THE XS POST ABOVE? THE POOR BUGGER CAN ONLY FILL HIS TANK UP HALF-WAY NOW!!!

9. zbahmah says:

If you want to see a leather covered gas tank done right check out Paul Cox’s berserker bike done at the Indian Larry shop in NYC, no its not an XS but it shows how leather can look really cool, unlike this turd…this bike is in dire need of a SawZall

@Musicguy64, I think you said what a lot of people think. Haters are the soup du jour. You don’t have to like anything here, but you should be respectful of all. If you’re one of those guys that says things like “why in da’ hell is this country turning to crap?” and then follow it up with , “I hate ,this,this, etc…”. You may have the answer in your own constant negativity. And That’s One To Grown ON !

11. Piute says:

Attitudes ! biggest problem on this forum,Is it “jealousy”of others talent or Mamma said it has to be this way,I believe one should help on a build,parts,encouragement,We try to save these bikes even if it’s rusted,faded,missing parts,A find is a find..But since your bike is perfect,why bother looking at anybody else’s (imperfections),Lets make all bikes to only your liking and see how many more never return here or post..

^^^ he’s da’ MAN !!! ^^^ LOL

13. norm younger says:

Nice leather work.

14. Guy says:

HA HA HA!!! GOOD ON YA’S GUYS, I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD CRACK WITH HIM EVENTULLY!!!

BTW , I really dig that tool pouch, perfect size…

16. Bones says:

Sorry Matt, I meant Musicguy64.

Bones

I’m diggin’ ur vibe Bones. I have gotten so many ideas on the board, I’m now marking out WHAT NOT TO DO. I will never be a hater… I dig this bike and the hard work and money you put in it. I still dig that small tool bag.

18. mike lytle says:

i don’t know for a fact but this could be a case where a man owns a bike when in fact he should own a horse. or maybe he’s just trying a bridle and saddle on what he has to see if he likes it. after all this could just be a case where we have a frustrated cowboy searching for his perfect ride. the question we must ask ourselves is do we help him in his journey by encouraging him along or act like he is not welcome? i personaly would like to welcome him thereby showing him, through all the choped rides on this site what a real friggin iron pony looks like so he will know how to proceed. just my two cents

19. Piute says:

yeh Cowgirl you show them ,cause there are mean bad @$$# machines on here ,being the 1st true rider would understand,.01 your change ..Piute…

LOL ^^^

21. El Diablo Negro says:

I FEEL THE SAME AS A LOT OF YOU GUYS HERE. TAKE YOUR NEGATIVITY, AND SHOVE IT STRAGHT UP YOUR ASS! I’VE BEEN AROUND CARS AND BIKES FOR YEARS. I STARTED MY FIRST BUILD AT THE AGE OF 13, DID’NT FINISH TILL I WAS 17. I WAS IN A COUPLE CAR CLUBS, BEEN TO A TON OF SHOWS, AND HAVE ALWAYS NOTICED SOMETHING. THEIR IS ALWAYS THOSE GUYS THAT LOVE TO RUN THEIR MOUTHS BAGGING ON ANOTHER GUYS VEHICLE. THESE MORONS ARE EVERYWHERE! WHAT I HAVE TO COME TO KNOW ABOUT THEM IS THIS,
    1)THEY CAN BARELY ASSEMBLE A NUT AND BOLT. (RIGHTY TIGHTY,LEFTY LOOSEY CONFUSES THEM)
    2)THEY HAVE NO VISION AND HAVE TO PAY SOMEONE ELSE FOR THEIR ABILITY, THEN TAKE THE CREDIT FOR THEMSELVES.
    3)THEY HAVE A LITTLE BOY PENIS AND NEED TO RUN THEIR MOUTH 24-7 PUTTING DOWN OTHERS TO TRY TO MAKE THEMSELVES FEEL BETTER.
    SO, YOU GUYS THAT WANT TO CUT DOWN ANOTHER GUYS WORK OR MECHANICAL ABILITIES, JUST DON’T DO IT, BECAUSE YOUR JUST OUTING YOURSELF, AND YOUR LIL PARTNER.

Dammit El Diablo Negro, quit beating around the bush and tell us your opinion…LOL

23. mike lytle says:

the fact is this site exist so people can post their work and have it evaluated as the viewer sees fit. maybe you like it, maybe not so much. each post has merrit as they are all xs’s. at least this we all can agree on. some of these bike have had an extreme amount of work done while others, not so much. just posting a build takes a certain amount of faith, to lay your soul on the line in front of strangers, so to speak, asking their opinion on your work, should the answer always be positive? and to what extent are we allowed to be honest? maybe we need the old golden rule, if you can’t say somethying nice don’t say anything at all. this guy, bones, has saved this xs from the back of a barn or maybe something much worse, desruction that fact alone rates him some kudos. if by encasing the gas tank with leather he is satisfied so be it! so lets hit er at a git er like ole tex ridder did er and move on!

@ El Diablo, dude you said what most of us was thinking, so thanks. @ mike lytle , I agree. There aren’t any rules here except 1. NO PERSONAL ATTACKS 2. NO CURSING , because kids can come on this site, it’s UN-RESTRICTED ACCESS. When someone critiques a bike it, in my opinion, should be done like they are your neighbor, with respect. We, being of the same cool-ass community of xs’ers, police each other. In doing that it should be done just as respectful. Let an ass speak his mind, and I will always speak mine.

25. mike lytle says:

fanoboss, you make a valid point, treating each other as neighbors, would make the whole world a much better place. this site would be a great place to start.

@ mike lytle , I LOVE ALL, it’s my religion.

…and thank-you mike lytle

28. shashank tripathi says:

i like hyde bike and i want to know why the hyde bike is extinct it has good look and i would like to touch the hyde bike i am big fan of hyde bike