Halloween Bike Work in progress

xs650-chop-noid-040123_194658

I’m currently working on a 1977 XS650 that i drug up out of the woods. Someone had dumped it years before and of course everything was rusted together and locked up. After getting the engine free and running , I chopped the frame , raked the front end and added a sportster tank.

xs650-chop-noid-040105_045706

At this point my 5 year old came out to the garage and started making suggestions and giving me crazy ideas. Most of this bike so far has been built using his ideas. Kids have amazing imaginations.

xs650-chop-noid-040123_194733

xs650-chop-noid-040123_194830

Jesse Campbell

Comments

1. mike lytle says:

no matter how your bike turns out, your child, and you will have memories to last a liftime. way to go DAD

Great story !!! I love that your kid helped you AND you used his ideas. Cool bike, what color will you paint it ?

3. Barney says:

A Halloween bike is an awesome idea. Can’t wait to see this progress.

4. domenic says:

can you tell me where you got the hand on top of the rear fender and the hand and arm fender brackets i am building a skull bike please email me with info thanks domenic nova406@verizon.net

5. Kaveeks says:

If the skeleton hand struts are your kids idea he’s going to be designing sets for movies soon!

6. Uncle Bear says:

Looks cool, never stop building.

7. Dennis says:

thats pretty darn cool! whats on the tank? did you build those pipes from the old headers? get one of those goblin face wraps and yer all set!

8. Dennis says:

BTW, was there a title for it inna hollow log or something? How did you handle that lil detail??

9. dr ron says:

great litle bike , keep listening to your five jear old , if this is the result!!!! well done !! like it allot Dr Ron

10. jesse9498 says:

we had alot of halloween stuff laying around the house and i grabbed up a hand full of it and took it out to the garage. my son just started playing around with the stuff and telling me were he thinks it should go. i’m not sure about the color yet, my son thinks it should be green (his favorite color) but i’m not so sure what that would look like. the gas tank will be a spiderweb if i ever get it done, and i’m planning on adding a spiderweb sissy bar on the back. thanks for all the possitive feedback. and as far as the title for this bike goes, its costing me $450 to get one through a title company. well worth it once the bike is done.

11. jesse9498 says:

the pipes were made from some exhaust turns my old lady’s brother had laying around his garage from previous projects. i did use the first 2 inches of the original exhaust so that i had the exhaust flange.

12. Barney says:

I’m thinking black with orange highlights for halloween. Just don’t go all harley davidson on it. LOL

13. jesse9498 says:

i had thought about an orange tank painted to look like a jack-o-lantern but i’m not quite sure i could pull that 1 off. i started looking into tank wraps but nothing has caught my eye yet. thanks again for the feedback.