Mick- What i ended up with

xs650-chop-noid-IMG_1657

Mick- I found myself with two trashed 650s, both 78’s..I thought of a street tracker then, cafe, then bobber, then brat. This is what i ended up with. everything has been done by me..learning all the way as this is my first build. I am far from a mechcanic or welder so its not perfect.

xs650-chop-noid-IMG_1666

I have used what was available from both bikes. I have only added bars, exhaust and tires. Next will be a pemco kit. I think I’ve spent 600 bucks so far..

I have plans for the other bike now XS650 chopper has turned my crank..

Comments

1. mike lytle says:

Mick, you have done the best job you know how to do, so far. keep at it and your skill level will increase. the only way you get better is to get your hands dirty. be proud of yourself for not being afraid to try.

2. Dennis says:

Mick, if those two bikes were truly “trashed”, then you’ve done an excellent job resurrecting a rider. That bike is CLEAN! While you don’t *have* to be a welder to build and ride an old bike, you certainly need to be mechanically knowledgeable. The bike looks great, you can be proud of yerself.

3. tadd442 says:

ride with pride man…..I’ve seen MUCH worse!

4. tadd442 says:

*that meant to be a compliment*

5. Barney says:

I like the front half. I don’t really like the look of the flat seats. Great job though, it is really shiny.

6. Halapeno says:

I love your bike. Meaty, mighty, and proud looking. Great rear fender work and the tank is well done. The pipes are a definite plus to the project.

7. ghostryder says:

if you got that result for 600 bucks, your’e doin great. whether you know it or not, you arent done…these bikes dont let you be done. “get bent” is a perfect example. look forward to seein what another 600 bucks and some more sweat and beers produces….