Jared’s 1977 xs650

xs650-chop-noid-IMG_0912

Jared Vasconcellos – this is a bike e sent in last year when i crashed it. the bike has been completely gone through and has been rewired and redone over and front end completely replaced.

xs650-chop-noid-jared's_bike

Just added a white way and have her running just in time for the cold weather go figure…enjoi

Comments

1. Barney says:

Never seen a white way on a cafe racer before.

2. davethewrench says:

Is that a 18″ white wall?? what brand is it??

3. J-C says:

Nice bike!! Cleaned up real good. Is that a seat from Ebay? Clip-ons and headlight are great too!

WTG JARED !!! you saved it.

5. cruzboos says:

I’ve learnt that XS’s are quite sturdy, after crashing into a shed on a wet corner at 105mph and waking up in hospital. When I got out, I did some minor repairs to the tank, replaced an indicator and headlight, patched seat and repainted. The beast was back but I had to sell her off to pay bills. This taught me how strong the XS is! Not like todays plastic bikes! Thats why I’m getting back on nothing but an XS. Jared… you sure have learnt from your fall. You’ve gotten back up and rebuilt her better than ever.

6. brian kent says:

great bike well done on the look

7. Chuck says:

The headlight, seat, and white wall all somehow go together. And the unbent forktubes also add to the effect lol.

8. hey guys thanks for the comments! the whitewall is a maxxis 18 i heard they are not making mc tires any longer though. i scored the whitewall at a flea market for 10 bucks and looked like it was probably only mounted and ridden for a few miles and then taken off. the seat is one of those seats from vietnam on ebay, they are really nice especially when you can buy them 2nd hand with a gel pad installed . the tank is a stock replacement, raw w/ clear coat and the the headlight is off of a bmw. wish i wouldve sent more pics but find me on facebook and you’ll be able to see more updates and my xs400 cafe racer project that is almost complete.

9. the white wall is a maxxis 120/90/18, scored it at a flea market for 10 bucks…. a shame they dont make them anymore. shinko does though…

10. yah seat from ebay, but the stand over height isnt too comfy, ended up selling it and bought another from ebay and welded hinges up for it on the other side. the seat is made from a cb450 pan cafe style, pretty killer too

11. glad i’ve looked back at this post! i was only showing the previous owner of the bike the pics on how and when i crashed it! stocked i got to see some replies!