In memory of my uncle Phil aka PJ.

Joshua – This was one of the worst builds I’ve ever seen. My uncle and I were going to rebuild it together, he past so I finished it knowing he is looking down with a big smile on his face. RIP Uncle Phil.

Joshua C Rasmussem

Comments

1. Tables says:

Now that is a serious looking chop Josh, looks like it should be arrested just for being. Nice tribute to your uncle man, good work.

2. misfitskinny says:

Uncle PJ, I’m sure, is!! very proud Josh. This is one fine lookin chop. Like the rake in front. Are u going to paint it?? Is the bottom picture bike before u redid?

3. pickles says:

PJ would be proud. Killer ride for sure man, and I dig the sight gauge.

4. Joshua says:

Thanks to the both of you, as far as paint I’m waiting for a color that screams (throw me on there!)
    He built a drag bike for my aunt called Highly dangerous, he raced out of Colorado so for anybody that knew him, hit me up.always open to ideas on color. Again thanks for the comments and looks to my 650 brothers.

5. scott says:

do ya have any info on the frame, stretch, rake,up,drop, all the good stuff please

6. Catherine says:

Joshua is my Son and I’m also proud of his tenacity with this project. The bike has been in several states as he was in progress to this pint and will no doubt cross some borders before it’s finished. As a rider, former owner of a custom manufacturer, (Black Feather Motorcycles), “ya done good so far Son, keep up the good work”. Love Mom

That is so cool to have mom, Catherine, post her comments in supporting young Joshua. Keep him safe mom.

8. Joshua says:

The kicker of that is I will be 40 the 18th of this month!
    Thanks MA for your support.

9. davethewrench says:

nice chop….your uncle would be proud

10. buster says:

you did PJ proud son,the pipes are style bigtime! enjot every minute you spend out on it bro,respect..

11. El Gaucho says:

Nice! Not over done like a lot of the up and out chops I see. Very tasty.

12. Joshua says:

When I first got this build I wanted to trash the motor and stuff a V twin in it but my uncle told me there was a big following with this motor, I doubted him.(first mistake) which I’m glad I stayed with it. This chop is everything and more then I ever wanted out of it.

13. Joshua says:

Scott, the frame was a old paco made for the 4 cylinder kawasaki. The front end is 6 over the rake I will get the numbers this weekend.or you can contact me at 215-670-8476 .
    Again thanks to all and look forward to all comments.

14. Piute says:

Well “J” you did Great keeping the build going,I would put my rear pegs down for my Pop’s(died in 77 i was 13) feet when out running free and thinking of him.We were building A 48 pan being young and dumb gave to uncle.Paint colors are kool but is it ride or shine ? Like the flat blk.look,find a pin striper(bike rally) and yo kool to run.
    FAMILY THAT RIDES TOGETHER STAYS TOGETHER ,amen…Piute Putt…

15. Joshua says:

Yes sir!

16. Carol says:

Way to go Josh! Phil is definitely smiling down on you. I can’t help but picture him looking down, tilting his head back and forth and say ” you did good,so how can we make it faster?” I’m sure he will keep watch over you every time you ride. Looking forward to the final pics when you decide how you’re going to paint it. Awesome tribute to a great man,we all miss him very much.

17. john Delucia says:

phil would be pleased seeing that . did a good job on it . he is watching over you just sit back look at it he will put a idea in your head what color to paint it remember what ever he built it wasnt fast enoughfor him keep up the good work.

18. Joshua says:

Thanks John, I plan on building many more chops, faster ,longer, and all will be spin offs from all of my teachers through the years.Everytime I start this one it means something cool to me because it screams uncle Phil! LMAO!!!!!!

19. Howie says:

Although you don’t know me, Your Aunt Carol & family are childhood friends of mine. She sent me the link early today & when I saw that bike it brought a tear to my eyes.
    Phil & i Grew up together riding dirt bikes & messing with old cars. I lost touch with Him after 1977 and just found Carol & john again in the last year or so , Sadly Phil had already left on his final adventure.In your uncles younger days a lot of bikes were not pretty but they sure as hell were fast. (Ask your Aunt about the Hodaka Super rat ).
    With that said leave it in flat black and put N O S on it!!!

20. Piute says:

Put that on giggle juice best get some dual disc,you will need to slow down some time…Piute…

21. Howie says:

Ya know Phil would tell you “brakes are for sissy’s” LOL

22. Joshua says:

Phil always said (RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES)
    If I did put the juice to it I would see a brake upgrade at the same time. Again I will ask of all the people that knew him to pass this link on to feed this tribute build!!!!!!! I want this to never fade as the memories of Phil AKA PJ will never fade but push us to keep the builds coming!!!

23. Joshua says:

I hear you on that Howie!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!

24. phil delucia says:

my son would be very happy with you, good job

25. Joshua says:

I can only dream of what he would suggest to do next.lol

26. Joshua says:

I was loading the chop uP today and had some people ask how much I would sell it for and it sure feels good to say its not for sale. I’m taking it home to tag it so I can ride it to work in Cali!!!!!!!!!!

27. Joshua says:

Well I have been riding the chop in california and I can see some changes in its future! Anybody have any old school shops that are in San Ramon area?

28. Joshua says:

I have not been on here in a few and again ask for any thoughts on paint. Also that anyone who knew my uncle Phil AKA PJ from FL but lived in Denver pass this link around. I want to hear the Days of his life and what made him what he was. The bike is going under the grinder as we speak and i will post more pics soon.

29. Howard says:

Ask Carol if she has a pic of Phil’s 73 LT Camaro, Car was kind of slick at the time it was a simple black but he had a Cherry with stem & leaf airbrushed on the upper Q panel’s so you will need a side pic of the car. Just a thought that came to mind when i saw your post.