monoshock tx retrobike

Had a bunch of leftovers in the shop and decided to put em all together. Custom built a tank n tail… reworked the rear end to house a Yamaha mono-shock swing-arm. Slapped on some paint n now I’m finishing it off to be on the road for spring.

Comments

1. mike lytle says:

looks like you did a nice job on the build, thanks for sharing

2. Jeff says:

Very cool, what swing arm and shock did you use in the set-up?

3. Ronin says:

Very nice, love the mix of old and new. Cafe racers are BACK!

4. SJ says:

Sweet Jesus! Yes please tell us what swing arm and shock were utilized. Honestly you should do a Youtube how-to video on that. I know there’s a lot of guys who would like to attempt a single sided swing arm but (like me) are scared of f$$$$ing it up.
    Nice Job. Real nice mix of classic styling, and kick ass engineering.

5. SJ says:

Oof, sorry I just realized it’s a monoshock… not single sided swing arm. Still want to know everything though. I’m still impressed as hell.

6. scott says:

looks like the rear wheel needs to be much larger in diameter. IMO

7. Chris Newman says:

I like the look of that old school tire on the rear. Very cool build, i can see a lot of work was put into that rear section, elegantly done too i might ad. Please dish out some details on your swingarm/build info. i would love to see more pics or a video in action!

8. El Gaucho says:

I’m with Chris, For some reason I just love a whitewall tire on the back of a cafe. It’s not conventional but somehow it just works.

9. bruce reed says:

Not sure exactly what bike the swingarm is from but it is a yz490 style cross shock kind. The frame had to be modified in a big way by raising the pivot of the swingarm about an inch for chain clearance. the frame had to be narrowed 1/2 inch to trap the swingarm as well. I built a top shock mount out of a set of rear engine mounts from an xs650 that I hardtailed. Pretty much everything from the engine back was removed and rebuilt to work and look better around the mono and the carbs with spaers.

10. bruce reed says:

Not sure exactly what bike the swingarm is from but it is a yz490 style cross shock kind. The frame had to be modified in a big way by raising the pivot of the swingarm about an inch for chain clearance. the frame had to be narrowed 1/2 inch to trap the swingarm as well. I built a top shock mount out of a set of rear engine mounts from an xs650 that I hardtailed. Pretty much everything from the engine back was removed and rebuilt to work and look better around the mono and the carbs with spacers. theres more pictures of it at various stages at http://www.evilempirestudio.blogspot.com