Justin’s XS

I’ve always loved XS650 bobbers, but always hated the geometry of the mass produced hardtails.  That is why I called Elswick Cycles and had this one custom made.  Its a 5″ stretch with a 4.25″ ride height and I think it ended up giving the bike a pretty wicked stance.  The oil/electrics can was also made by Elswick and features a hidden ignition switch under the cap.  License bracket is from Rockabilly Choppers.

Upper motor mount and neck gussets have been removed and the fork legs have since been shaved.  I have also rebuilt and polished the carbs.  I had originally planned on mounting a frisco style mustang tank, but once I saw how low and streamlined the bike looked with the stocker on it, I decided to go with a high tunnel wassel style P-Nut tank from Lowbrow. Some other parts that have not been mounted yet are:

West Eagle Solo Seat w/Scissor Springs on a Biltwell Hinge
Pamco Ignition
PMA Conversion
Brass Kicker Pedal
Bates Headlight
White Fork Gaitors and Grips

Justin Wallace

Comments

1. Martijn van Geenen says:

I agree. Most prefab. Hardtails I think don’t have enough stretch. I’m gonna have mine Custom made too. Probably 5′ stretch as wel. Elswick make kick ass bikes!
    Keep it up!

2. Barney says:

TBH i can’t tell any difference in the geometry.

3. srbtjeep says:

I’m guessing the reason they don’t do a lot of stretch is that big hole it leaves under the seat. Personally, I’d figure a way to make that into storage instead of using bags or a rack on the back.

On a hardtail you don’t need any storage if you’re as old as me, you’ll only be around the block anyway. Badback+Hardtail= poor decision, but looks cool as hell. I love mine.

5. jordanGdrummer says:

I’d love to see more pics with the new parts added! Can’t wait to see the finished product

6. DENNI$ says:

I gotta agree with Barney, looks fairly std. Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

7. dex82 says:

gotta agree, too, looks pretty standard, and too, nothing wrong with that………just had a g&l hardtail welded to mine and looks cool, 4 inch stretch. only so much you can do with what’s basically a triangle, and i’ll take structural integrity over individuality any day when my ass depends on it. looks like a really good start

8. Jamie says:

You should have waited to finish before adding more roller pics to the site.

9. Tables says:

Looks nice and long and low, a nice set of highway pegs and some clip-on bars would give it a very tough stance, Ride what you build, build what you want.

10. XSNZ says:

How long did it take to get your ELSWICK electrics box – I’ve been waiting still Nov 2011

11. Boon UK says:

I like a shaved leg, nudge nudge wink wink, although twin disc`s work as well , drum brakes are ok I`m easily pleased.5″ stretch is the future, chain slap might be an issue but then again what do I know! I`ve known a few slappers in my time, I knew this girl once who would – bollocks I`ve run out of ink.